Past Mitch Clark #2 (2006-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

clarkz.jpg

Twitter

Summary:

Thread #1

* rising star nomination: round 9 vs Collingwood (#86)
* 2007 review (#135)
* becoming a father (#298)
* 2008 review (#305)
* 40 man All Australian squad (#465)
* 2009 review (#481)
* 50th game (#533)
* 2010 review (#635)
* added to leadership group (#733)
* nasty knock to the head (#743)
* GWS rumours (#860)
* collision with Brown (#869)

Thread #2

* leading goalkicker for the year (#20)
* requests trade to Fremantle (#32)
* 2011 review (#71)
* reasons for wanting to go to Freo (#77)
* agrees to 4 year deal with Melbourne (#99)

Merrett-Murray Medal results:

2006: =35th (2 votes)
2007: =30th (4.5 votes)
2008: =19th (13 votes)
2009: 3rd (54 votes)
2010: 14th (19 votes)
2011: 16th (15 votes)

Coach's votes:

Mike Sheahan's Top 50:

Tribunal record:

* round 3, 2010 - striking (225 demerit points reduced to one week and 68.75 points)

Re: Mitch Clark #2

I'll be glad when all this speculation is over and we know where we stand with Mitch..

Stop dilly dallying Mitch and make a decision...YOUR OWN decision, where you want to be!..

No way should he paid $750K under a normal salary cap. If that's what he were asking from Brisbane then they'd have to let him go. No way would the club pay that. But I haven't read anywhere that that's what he's asking of Brisbane.

I'd be happy for him to be on $500K with us.

Discussion Thread: How much $$$ would you pay to keep Clark?

From Mitch Clark's manager's website:

Fremantle to enter race for Lion Clark
By Kim Hagdorn
30 August 2011 02:09PM EST

Harvey unveiled his plans to scour the AFL for a key forward to resume his premiership drive next season after Fremantle's 2011 finals bid was scuttled with a crippling injury toll.
“Once he makes a decision what he wants to do then you certainly entertain that,” Harvey said.
“I haven’t heard exactly what he’s doing at this stage, but if he wants to come home then we’ve certainly got to pursue that and have a look at him.”

clark83.jpg

GWS will announce a few of their signings on Monday. Fair to say Clark will be one of them?

Mitch Clark #2

Clark Looks West

"The Australian reports today though that "neither Clark nor Greater Western Sydney want a future relationship" and that Clark is poised to join Fremantle on a "lucrative" deal with Clark seeking a contract worth "more than $500,000 a season"."

"An indication of Clark's future may rest with Clark's parents. They are returning to Western Australia after living Queensland for several years"

Discussion Thread: Clark to Fremantle trade discussion

Mitch Clark's manager's website

Clark holds off Fremantle

By Kim Hagdorn
2 September 2011 02:02PM EST

Clark is hot on Fremantle’s shopping list as a key forward after being told by Dockers coach Mark Harvey that the struggling West Australian outfit can win a premiership if Clark joins the portside club.
Young met with Voss in Brisbane on Thursday when it is understood Clark was delcared a "required player" by the Lions boss. Young revealed that his meeting with Voss was highly encouraging.
"The meeting went really well," he told sportsnewsfirst.com.au.
"We will take all the relevant information away and consider it for the next few days and Mitch will also talk with 'Vossy' at their meeting.
"Mitch will weigh everything up and have a big decision to make.
"We would expect to make a final decision by about late next week."

clark73.jpg

Rob Kerr

Lions' list manager Rob Kerr yesterday said Brisbane had not given up hope of retaining Clark."Col (Young) and I talk regularly," Kerr said. "I'm not certain whether he'll be with us, but we haven't given up on it.
"The lure of him returning home is not a fait accompli."
"I'm in dialogue with both Mitch and his manager and I'd expect a decision within the next couple of weeks," Kerr said.

clark37.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terry Wallace

"Trading for Mitch Clark is definitely something Fremantle should be looking at. He's a guy who is already playing and can help Matthew Pavlich and Aaron Sandilands in the next couple of seasons.

"But he'll also still be playing in five years when Fyfe and Anthony Morabito have got up around that 100-game mark."

clark62.jpg

I recon supporters have been a bit harsh on Mitch this year, looks like he has had injury issues and he has been a member of a forward line that hasn't exactly had a huge amount of inside 50's to work with.

I for one hope he signs a new contract with the lions

Clark is hot on Fremantle’s shopping list as a key forward after being told by Dockers coach Mark Harvey that the struggling West Australian outfit can win a premiership if Clark joins the portside club.

I loled

Further to the quote in Jed's post above...Freo are absolutely kidding themself if they think Clark is the answer to their forward line problems or rather the key position forward they are lacking...have they actually watched him 'try' to play the position? The guy has absolutely no idea. If Freo were serious, they would have better luck bringing in Fevola and get more out of him than Clark.

This is not sour grapes, but Clark just is not a key position forward. Of course I would rather keep Clark at the Lions, not as a forward, but I have been resigned to losing him for the better part of the year, I just think its cute that Freo think someone as petulant, selfish, and prone to go missing when the chips are down player in Clark is the missing piece in bringing the club closer to a premiership...as Jed said, what a laugh!

Further to the quote in Jed's post above...Freo are absolutely kidding themself if they think Clark is the answer to their forward line problems or rather the key position forward they are lacking...have they actually watched him 'try' to play the position? The guy has absolutely no idea. If Freo were serious, they would have better luck bringing in Fevola and get more out of him than Clark.

This is not sour grapes, but Clark just is not a key position forward. Of course I would rather keep Clark at the Lions, not as a forward, but I have been resigned to losing him for the better part of the year, I just think its cute that Freo think someone as petulant, selfish, and prone to go missing when the chips are down player in Clark is the missing piece in bringing the club closer to a premiership...as Jed said, what a laugh!

this is rite on the money Dylan great post
would love to see Clarks form against top 4team since playing afl football

The Brisbane Lions leading goal kickers for 2011:

Code:
[B]Clark          27 (1.6 average)[/B]
McGrath        26 (1.2)
Banfield       24 (1.3)
Brown          22 (2.2)
Power          19 (0.9)
Karnezis       17 (1.5)
Redden         14 (0.6)
Polkinghorne   14 (0.6)
Rich           14 (0.9)
Rockliff       12 (0.6)

Clark can be final piece of Freo jigsaw
By Ray Wilson
September 6th, 2011, 11:25 am

If the midfield pieces fall into place, next year also should see Matthew Pavlich return as a permanent forward. But even with the skipper back in attack, there is one major link missing. Enter Mitch Clark. Strong and mobile, the Brisbane Lion would be the perfect fit for the Dockers. Forget Fevola!

With Pavlich at full-forward and Clark at centre half-forward, Fremantle would have sufficient strike-power in attack to worry any side.

The Dockers said this week they had been monitoring Clark, who has yet to re-sign with the Lions. If all the planets line up, Freo can give the flag a shake in 2012.

clark64.jpg

Link ....

Clark, also a target for GWS, is not expected to reveal his future until after the Lions' best and fairest this weekend but it is believed Brisbane want a first-round draft pick and a player as compensation.

Clark, 23, has played 82 games for the Lions since being taken at No.9 in the 2005 national draft. He had his best season in 2009 when, playing as a ruckman, he made the last 40 for the All-Australian squad.

It is understood he was the target of a $750,000 a year bid by GWS in their recruiting window last year but resisted, with his preference to return to WA. His current price could still be $600,000 a year.

clark44.jpg

Brisbane Lions coach Michael Voss has final shot at convincing Mitch Clark to sign new deal
  • Greg Davis
  • September 08, 2011 12:00AM
An announcement is expected early next week.
"Nothing will happen until after the best-and-fairest," Clark's manager Colin Young said yesterday.
"Michael (Voss) will speak to Mitch and Mitch will go to the best-and-fairest, have a think about it and make a decision after that."
Brisbane officials gave Young their latest offer to the East Fremantle product last week.
The Lions have been careful not to pressure Clark throughout the negotiation process but their patience is being tested.
Brisbane wanted to wind up talks before the end of the home-and-away season after Clark missed the final two matches due to injuries.
His recovery from those foot and knee problems is believed to be the reason for his rumoured no-show for Mad Monday celebrations.

clarkv.jpg

Dean Warren

"Absolutely. No doubt about that whatsoever," Lions general manager of football operations Dean Warren said when asked if the importance of talks with Clark had intensified following the Staker bombshell."Guys like Mitch Clark and Brent Staker are not easy to find. They are tall and very mobile and give you a fair bit of flexibility.
"It was very important (keeping Clark) even without it (the Staker news).
"But it does make keeping Mitch even more important."

clark36.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back