Mitch Clark discussion - Geelong gets the flog

Remove this Banner Ad

That's true, I'll be spewing if Clark ends up at Geelong too.

Really? You'll be getting him bloody cheap compared to what his actual worth is once he's on the park.

Really? You'll be getting him bloody cheap compared to what his actual worth is once he's on the park.

Apart from the fact that I don't think it's morally right, after the finish someone like Josh Walker had to the season, I'd rather they put the time into him rather than having yet another injury prone big man on the list. Geelong already have enough of those.

What's the bet Walker plays 20+ games next year while Clark struggles to hit 10
Could happen if Walker is playing for us next year

I think Varcoe is worth more due to his age.

He is one year younger?

Lumumba is better than Varcoe though, he's much stronger over the ball for one.

Lastagala is strong and hard to tackle but Varcoe can also hit a target and kick a goal
Both would ultimately be wingers for us with different attributes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is one year younger?

Lastagala is strong and hard to tackle but Varcoe can also hit a target and kick a goal
Both would ultimately be wingers for us with different attributes
Ask Geelong about his ability to kick a goal, last years preliminary final would suggest that under pressure he struggles.
Missing from 25 out under no physical pressure is very Melbourne.
Happy to take Loumumbles, happy to pass on Varcoe.

Pissweak in one on one defensive contest. If he went for the ball against Watts the Sherrin would somehow end up winning the contest.

'Contest' as in when the balls on the ground

Your right in saying if they were wrestling the footy would somehow how split them straight down the middle

'Contest' as in when the balls on the ground

Your right in saying if they were wrestling the footy would somehow how split them straight down the middle
Lot's big biceps pissweak one on one guys at half back. Grigg, Houli, Lasagna etc.

Lot's big biceps pissweak one on one guys at half back. Grigg, Houli, Lasagna etc.

I used to watch pastrama and be in awe of his ability to be direct and break tackles, but he was suited to the pies plan of long down the line for the front and centre players to pick off

Maybe WC just offered alot of money + years and with his injury history he has been forced to consider it

Yeah it sounds something like that. Whatever it is something has changed majorly in the past few months.

33 should be enough for Clark

Yeah I would've thought something about there will get the job done. I reckon both clubs have agreed the approximate value of the trade but they're just seeing how it fits in with their other trades. It'll get done without much fuss though I'd imagine.

I watch just as many Geelong games as Melbourne games and I would not rate Varcoe in their best 22.

In essence he is a poor man's Garlett, and he's prone to fading in and out of games very quickly; sometimes even quarters of football before he get's his first touch

I watch just as many Geelong games as Melbourne games and I would not rate Varcoe in their best 22.

In essence he is a poor man's Garlett, and he's prone to fading in and out of games very quickly; sometimes even quarters of football before he get's his first touch

I struggle to see how you could watch a lot of Geelong games and not rate him best 22. This is a guy who has not been dropped since 2008. He was best 22 throughout our premiership years. Even in patchy form earlier this year he was best 22 and over the last month of the season he would've been comfortably in our best 10. He's not a superstar and he's never lived up to the hype but he's a solid player who would be best 22 at any club in the league.

He's also a very different player to Garlett. Garlett's been the classic stay at home small forward which is why he has only ever averaged ~12 possessions a game but gets close to 2 goals a game. In comparison Varcoe has played around the ground more playing as a small forward, an outside midfielder and recently a small defender.

Considering I've seen a lot of Melbourne fans say you want midfielders who are mature, have some speed and use the ball well, I'm a bit surprised that Melbourne ruled out Varcoe so quickly. I would've thought he'd suit you fairly well for the right price. But then I thought there was no way he'd ever be offered and I still think it's madness on Geelong's behalf to get rid of him for a junk pick so that shows what I know about trading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back