Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

If he nominated for the draft at about which pick would he go at? 30? 50? I have a feeling that he would still be there in the third round.
If he gets to the third round of the ND, somebody is going to pull the trigger see Dayle Gartlett. At a point the reward out weighs the risk.

Mitch if he does go will want a trade to be done, he won't want to risk the potential of having to play footy in the west of Sydney.

If he gets to the third round of the ND, somebody is going to pull the trigger see Dayle Gartlett. At a point the reward out weighs the risk.

Mitch if he does go will want a trade to be done, he won't want to risk the potential of having to play footy in the west of Sydney.
I couldn't see GWS drafting him under any circumstances. Doesn't fit a list need, is a massive risk, will be going/gone by the time they are really challenging, and I wouldn't see them banking on him to provide leadership at this stage.

I couldn't see GWS drafting him under any circumstances. Doesn't fit a list need, is a massive risk, will be going/gone by the time they are really challenging, and I wouldn't see them banking on him to provide leadership at this stage.
Yeah just an example.

But a player of his ability for a third round selection suits every clubs circumstances.

If he nominated for the draft at about which pick would he go at? 30? 50? I have a feeling that he would still be there in the third round.

If he nominates Collingwood as his preferred destination the Pies will get him with their last pick - no-one would touch him with a 10 foot barge pole.

If circumstances were different and he said he was happy to play anywhere I reckon he'd still be worth a pick in the late teens to be honest.

If he nominates Collingwood as his preferred destination the Pies will get him with their last pick - no-one would touch him with a 10 foot barge pole.

If circumstances were different and he said he was happy to play anywhere I reckon he'd still be worth a pick in the late teens to be honest.
A fully fit and firing Clark would be worth a pick in the early to late teens. An injuring prone Clark would be more of a pick at around pick 30-35. He's going to be 28 next year and there's a solid 25% chance that he won't play another game. With his history the closest trades to him would be McIntoch who was a late second rounder in a compromised draft. Pick 38. He was a similar age when traded. He had a similar career to Clark making the AA forty man squad once. Had bad injuries that kept him out, but he didn't have depression. Personally I think if Collingwood do the deal it will be for a similar pick.

A fully fit and firing Clark would be worth a pick in the early to late teens. An injuring prone Clark would be more of a pick at around pick 30-35. He's going to be 28 next year and there's a solid 25% chance that he won't play another game. With his history the closest trades to him would be McIntoch who was a late second rounder in a compromised draft. Pick 38. He was a similar age when traded. He had a similar career to Clark making the AA forty man squad once. Had bad injuries that kept him out, but he didn't have depression. Personally I think if Collingwood do the deal it will be for a similar pick.

After the season he will be.

So maybe Mitch isn't a total campaigner. If he really doesn't want to leave us in the lurch he should just play for us, or not agree to a trade for less than Lumumba/Collingwood's second rounder. We'll see if talk=walk.

Agreed.

If he's mentally fit, he's mentally fit.
Not really true. It's easy to fall into old mental states when in a familiar environment. Sometimes a new environment really is the best option. I'm unfamiliar with Clark's specifics so won't talk for him, but one AFL club isn't the same as the next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really true. It's easy to fall into old mental states when in a familiar environment. Sometimes a new environment really is the best option. I'm unfamiliar with Clark's specifics so won't talk for him, but one AFL club isn't the same as the next.
So we can trade him to any one of the other 17 clubs (maybe not Brissie)?

We agreed to delist him in good faith because he said he couldn't play again. Not so he could walk to another club.

Close, we agreed to delist him under Doctors advice that he need to leave AFL footy completely to get better.

Clearly a lot can change in a couple of months (or when the trade/draft cut off date approaches)

Yes, completely agree. Clark should definitely head to a club where he'll have a low profile and expectations from their fan base. It has nothing to do with money at all.

Clark should follow Angus Monfries' advice (to Ryder) and join Port, then.

Imagine Port with Ryder and Clark.

B: Hombsch Carlile Pittard
HB: Broadbent Trengove Jonas
C: Gray Ebert Hartlett
HF: Westhoff Clark Monfries
F: Wingard Schulz Ryder
Foll: Lobbe, Boak, Wines

IC: White Polec Neade O'Shea

Forward line is a bit tall but Westhoff can play his floating role between forward and back. Gives them options anyway...

Collingwood overtly confirms its interest.

http://m.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/collingwood-confirm-interest-in-clark-20140920-3g7rw.html

Key quote from Bucks, if it accurately reflects Clark's thinking is:
"Mitch has been really clear in his communication to us that he doesn't want to leave Melbourne in the lurch, but his advice is that he needs a fresh environment," Buckley told ABC on Saturday.

Well it looks like getting Closer to being a Done Deal.

There are talks he is already working out at Westpac Center

Given he turns 28 in October 2015 in football terms he will be 27 next year.

Hamish McIntosh is a much much more limited footballer than Mitch Clark.

Ultimately out of respect for Clark's mental health issues the Dees will most likely have to accept a lowball trade.

Given those same mental health issues the Pies seem a strange choice. There will be extreme pressure around Pieland if they fail to make the 8 next year for the second successive year in a row. The Hawks have a need for another genuine key forward to team with Roughy and seems a more settled environment.

If Clark had wanted money he would just stay on the Dees list and not play due to illness. I am not overly keen as he has always had issues but this crap about him bending Melbourne over is BS, if he wanted to do that you would be still paying him 700k a year.

I'm sure when he parks in the exact same parking spot, plays on the same home ground and trains in the same precinct as he did at Melbourne all will be fine.

Buckley's such a **** for talking about it too, wait your turn you FIGJAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Clark had wanted money he would just stay on the Dees list and not play due to illness. I am not overly keen as he has always had issues but this crap about him bending Melbourne over is BS, if he wanted to do that you would be still paying him 700k a year.
GAGF. He took money and walked out because we thought his situation was so bad that staying on the list and having AFL obligations might have terrible consequences. Now he's okay to play but not for us, not that the campaigner will actually tell us that and be honest to the supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back