Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? How many clubs are falling over themselves trying to get Jarrad?

Waite is 4 years older than Clark. He's a 1-2 year prospect which realistically rules out any team not in the top 6.

Clubs are 'falling over' to get Clark because they think they can get him at a discount. At best, he has about 5 years of footy left. He's played 8 (partial) seasons. Take any 5 year block within that period and it's not that good. Why do people think a single (overrated) 10 game period two years ago will repeat, let alone extrapolate?

I wouldn't be in any sort of a hurry to add him to an AFL List. Whoever does runs the risk of getting burnt.

Too old: Bartel, Enright, Mackie, Kelly, Rivers, Lonergan, SJ, McIntosh, Stokes
Too good: Taylor, Hawkins, Selwood, Motlop, Christensen, Caddy, Duncan, Guthrie
Too injured: Cowan, Menzel, Vardy
Too drunk: Dawson Simpson
Too delisted: Sheringham, Burbury, Stringer, Schroder
Too young and important: J. Kolodjashnij, Lang, Hartman, Jansen, Thurlow, Hambling, Blicavs

Probably Available: Mitch Brown, Varcoe, Smedts, T Hunt
Possibles: Murdoch (if we added something), Horlin-Smith, Walker, Bews, McCarthy

How did I go cats fans?

The more I look at that list the more I want to get pick 33 over anyone who could be available.

Too young and important: J. Kolodjashnij, Lang, Hartman, Jansen, Thurlow, Hambling, Blicavs

Possibles: Murdoch (if we added something), Horlin-Smith, Walker, Bews, McCarthy

How did I go cats fans?

The more I look at that list the more I want to get pick 33 over anyone who could be available.
Your probably on the money.
I think your best option is a 3 way deal try and get Pies involved with Harry.

Lumumba+ our third pick for Melbourne 2nd pick. Clark, Collingwood's third pick and Melbourne's third pick for Geelong's second pick and third pick?
Geelong get Mitch Clark, a third rounder and a thir rounder upgrade for 2nd round pick?

Waite is 4 years older than Clark. He's a 1-2 year prospect which realistically rules out any team not in the top 6.

Clubs are 'falling over' to get Clark because they think they can get him at a discount. At best, he has about 5 years of footy left. He's played 8 (partial) seasons. Take any 5 year block within that period and it's not that good. Why do people think a single (overrated) 10 game period two years ago will repeat, let alone extrapolate?

Try again

Tell me about Hunt my Geelong supporter mate rates him said he was played out of position all year.

Said he would be good on a flank quick hard and a nice finisher?

How did I go cats fans?

Rule out all the possibles in a straight swap as they will cover areas we need. Pick 33 would probably be the likely option.

[QUOTE="BEEG, post: 35414747, member: 46095]Tell me about Hunt my Geelong supporter mate rates him said he was played out of position all year.

Said he would be good on a flank quick hard and a nice finisher.[/QUOTE]

A nice finisher when kicking for goal on the run but can butcher the ball around the ground. Like most players who took up footy late after being more interested in athletics as a kid is not a natural footballer and fumbles often. Not a clean one touch player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me about Hunt my Geelong supporter mate rates him said he was played out of position all year.

Said he would be good on a flank quick hard and a nice finisher?
I like Hunt, just had few injuries this year, but last year starred in a couple of games. He suits a back flank and is probably upset that he couldn't get a look in when he was fit. He is quick, his foot skills are not to bad.

To the flogs and flogettes debating Mitch Clark's 2012 form before he tore his lisfranc.

Watch the following video (note - this ONLY shows his goals, not other highlights) and try and tell me he wasn't one of the absolute elite key forwards in the competition for that time period.

I hate Mitch Clark for what he has done in the last 6 months but he was absolutely phenomenal in the worst Melbourne side I have ever seen (2012). The amount of inside 50's we were getting per game was probably one of the lowest of all time, and the delivery was pathetic.

Honestly, this situation sickens me. We are losing probably the best talent on our list, in the hardest position to fill, as one of the worst clubs in the league to one of the best for absolutely * all. How are we ever supposed to improve?

I like Hunt, just had few injuries this year, but last year starred in a couple of games. He suits a back flank and is probably upset that he couldn't get a look in when he was fit. He is quick, his foot skills are not to bad.

What would he be worth?

lul at melbourne needing to trade clark and a pick for jordan ******* murdoch.

clark is a legit threat, with multiple facets to his game. hawkins, clark and johnson is a very good forward line to complement the league's best backline and a quality midfield. pick 33 would be the absolute minimum and if u consider what has changed hands at that value in previous deal, it's an absolute steal.

melbourne do not need any downhill skiiing types like murdoch and varcoe. they shouldn't touch o'brien either, if i was a melbourne supporter i'd be having nightmares about him rebounding the ball out of the back 50.

Can someone clarify for me if Clarke was to not get picked up from the Cats until after the draft period i.e. when his contract with Melbourne expires I think Oct 31st, can Geelong get him for nothing after that date somehow?

Can someone clarify for me if Clarke was to not get picked up from the Cats until after the draft period i.e. when his contract with Melbourne expires I think Oct 31st, can Geelong get him for nothing after that date somehow?

No. Because Clark retired and the contract got torn up, he can only join a new club via draft or trade.

How are Geelong picking him up? If they don't trade for him, they'd have to draft him in the national or pre-season drafts. If they go the latter route, there's a risk of someone else picking up the flog.

He's like any other player running out of contract and if not traded can go through the draft(s) be it national draft or PSD. The haggling will be over Geelong's 2nd round pick or Geelong's 3rd pick with or without players involved. It's unlikely the clubs wont get a deal.

[QUOTE"PanTong, post: 35415413, member: 156862"]Can someone clarify for me if Clarke was to not get picked up from the Cats until after the draft period i.e. when his contract with Melbourne expires I think Oct 31st, can Geelong get him for nothing after that date somehow?[/QUOTE]

Only If dees dont offer him a contract and delist him would he become a delisted free agent.

How are Geelong picking him up? If they don't trade for him, they'd have to draft him in the national or pre-season drafts. If they go the latter route, there's a risk of someone else picking up the flog.
Then if they do draft the flog in the PSD and has named Geelong as his preferred destination, then why would a club draft him if he didn't want to play there?
I realise his past where he has flip flopped on reported deals, but could the Cats risk picking him up without losing a draft pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back