#41 - Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I know nothing about him. Any info?

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Richmonds team suck by the way. Tick tock

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gidday fellas. Played a few games with Mitch, good fella and another one to add to the North Albany Footy Factory... anyway, a tall half-forward who isn't hugely fast or with an outstanding engine, but with very tidy skills (all around, both sides) and who likes a grab. A classic half forward, really, probably at home right on that 50 line.

Hope he goes well, exciting time being drafted to a team in a footy state.

hugecannon

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Gidday fellas. Played a few games with Mitch, good fella and another one to add to the North Albany Footy Factory... anyway, a tall half-forward who isn't hugely fast or with an outstanding engine, but with very tidy skills (all around, both sides) and who likes a grab. A classic half forward, really, probably at home right on that 50 line.

Hope he goes well, exciting time being drafted to a team in a footy state.
Sounds overwhelmingly meh, there must be something about him that they rate

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am happy with this. We need some forward aerial x factor. We need a burton type replacement. Hopefully we identified that we can get the tank up a bit.

Did some digging

Skippos Phantom:

55. Mitch McGovern (WAFL, Athletic 3rd tall forward)
191 cm, 82 kg, 11/10/94
Range: 30-rookie
Style: Jeremy McGovern

Overlooked in his draft year and injured in the next, McGovern has impressed when finally able to get on the park. He has a similar game to his brother, Jeremy - with his leaping and read of the ball a particular highlight. He has an exceptional leap which allows him to play above his height and also chop out in the ruck to an okay level. Defensively he works hard, applying pressure and tackling well. By foot McGovern is solid with his distribution and creativity reasonable. He's best suited playing as that roaming third tall running up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Phil loves him, thats enough for me.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sounds overwhelmingly meh, there must be something about him that they rate
I'm not one to start comparing some young man who hasn't even found the toilets at an AFL club yet, to some champion. I know everyone else does, and that might excite people, but I'm just announcing it. The nature is, most players just sound average with that kind of run down – you can't put dynamics into words really... that's called beat poetry and beat poetry sucks

seaworthy

Debutant
Sep 4, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Combine that with the fact that some in here are bitterly disappointed when every pick doesn't net us a potential superstar, even at 43 or 58.

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did some digging

Overlooked in his draft year and injured in the next, McGovern has impressed when finally able to get on the park. He has a similar game to his brother, Jeremy - with his leaping and read of the ball a particular highlight. He has an exceptional leap which allows him to play above his height and also chop out in the ruck to an okay level. Defensively he works hard, applying pressure and tackling well. By foot McGovern is solid with his distribution and creativity reasonable. He's best suited playing as that roaming third tall running up the ground.

I like this sentence. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back