Mitch Robinson anyone?

Presty For Prez

Debutant
May 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I may cop I slap from Apex36, but I can't help but feel he'd be an upgrade on Jarryd Blair, as he actually kicks an occasional goal. Like was said before, with him and Goldy running like men possessed in the forward line, we might start to resemble our 2010 fwd line pressure

spendles

Team Captain
Sep 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adams replaces the grunt in the middle left by Ball. And Adams is a much better kick than Robinson, which is saying something.
fair point, but robinson adds some pace and mongrel which we lack.
could also turn him into a tagger?
not saying move the earth to get him, but we can get him for the right price?

DrDavoren

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I may cop I slap from Apex36, but I can't help but feel he'd be an upgrade on Jarryd Blair, as he actually kicks an occasional goal. Like was said before, with him and Goldy running like men possessed in the forward line, we might start to resemble our 2010 fwd line pressure
Or start to resemble the late 90's, prefer some skilled youth with no distractions. If his team mates don't want him I don't want him either

He is a thug. How many times was he suspended this year?
So we have a player with average skills, who can't control his aggression on or off the field. I'm sure he would be an excellent influence on our young up and coming players.

To quote Archer: "Stop being stupid"
slap_archer.gif

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
If out of all the players that are supposedly comming to Collingwood and Mitch Robinson is the only one that comes, I'm gonna be mad.

Toecrusher

All Australian
Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
fair point, but robinson adds some pace and mongrel which we lack.
could also turn him into a tagger?
not saying move the earth to get him, but we can get him for the right price?
No doubt we desperately need some mongrel in our players, but just not that mongrel.

Just going to quietly ask the question whether losing Beams may have changed anyones mind regarding possibly throwing a lifeline to Mitch Robinson.

This kid was a gun junior with an elite kick and good inside and outside game - where that went when he joined the AFL ranks I don't know.

He has apparently been working very hard off season and I'm maybe leaning towards giving him a crack if we get him for nothing.

I worry about his on and off field maturity and whether he may be just another Heath Shaw with less skill at the club but I wouldn't be gutted if he did come onboard.

Mods please don't perma ban me for this!

Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Exers
Just going to quietly ask the question whether losing Beams may have changed anyones mind regarding possibly throwing a lifeline to Mitch Robinson.

This kid was a gun junior with an elite kick and good inside and outside game - where that went when he joined the AFL ranks I don't know.

He has apparently been working very hard off season and I'm maybe leaning towards giving him a crack if we get him for nothing.

I worry about his on and off field maturity and whether he may be just another Heath Shaw with less skill at the club but I wouldn't be gutted if he did come onboard.

Mods please don't perma ban me for this!

I wouldnt be gutted either as long as its the right price. Rookie so he can help in the VFL.....and if he has his head screwed on right he might get a game

Feb 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks
I am pulling my membership if this happens. We have already recruited questionable players in Greenwood and Varcoe. We don't need this hyper-tempered idiot playing for us.

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
seems to much like heath shaw as far as off field issues and how he voices himself on the field. and has a lot less talent. so if we got rid of shaw there is no way I'd take him.. with that said I'd really like the club looking at another senior body even if it's only a fringe player. maybe a brock mclean or Patrenko

jabbers

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2011
Coogee
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ignoring the fact Blair actually averaged more goals per game last season than Robinson and has done so for his entire career we take on a player being booted from his lowly ranked club for a number of discipline issues and bring him into our club to make us better?

FFS this thread has gone on far enough. He wouldn't make us better on field and would make us significantly worse off field!

Back