Scape Goat Mitch Robinson - to retain or not to retain

Should Mitch Robinson be given a chance to 'redeem' himself!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimeFinalists

Draftee
Oct 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are you another brother of Robbo?
Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Your club has achieved nothing of significance since 1995 and yet your fans still bleat and sling crap at other teams. Even though your team has done nothing.

#thetruthhurts

Aussie Joe

Premiership Player
May 5, 2006
San Francisco, CA, USA
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
SF Giants, Everton
He's a limited footballer, pure and simple. Cannot fault his effort or courage on the field but mediocre players like Robbo have been the norm at Carlton for far too long.

So much truth in this post. There is too much "romance" with supporters about our players. It really had me floored how some supporters hung onto the hope of keeping Waite at the end, while I was begging for a club to take him the hell away from us.

I have a very unpopular theory. I basically saw the collapse with the Blues as a team of strength when Wiggins was revered and stayed at the club for so long. Look at the 70's, 80's, and 90's. If a player was going to be average, we moved them on. We need to be ruthless again. The word "potential" is literally killing this club.

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Your club has achieved nothing of significance since 1995 and yet your fans still bleat and sling crap at other teams. Even though your team has done nothing.

#thetruthhurts

Ermmm, actually we have achieved exactly what your club has in that time, one grand final loss. Talk about glass houses:rolleyes:

6TimeFinalists

Draftee
Oct 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ermmm, actually we have achieved exactly what your club has in that time, one grand final loss. Talk about glass houses:rolleyes:
We are 6 time finalists, 1 time grand finalist, 19 times derby winner,have had 8 all Australian players, an AFL MVP winner. We've had a pretty good run so far I'd say.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
We are 6 time finalists, 1 time grand finalist, 19 times derby winner,have had 8 all Australian players, an AFL MVP winner. We've had a pretty good run so far I'd say.
Clearly Robbo is the missing piece to a flag ;)

We are 8 time finalists, 1 time grand finalist, dont play in derbys, had two AFL MVP winners, 1 Brownlow medallist and 16 all australian players in that time, i dont see your point being proved really, in fact is that we have in that period been more successful than your club going by the criteria you set yourself.

Personally, i am not claiming our past 19 years have been anything but terrible but i'm afraid your past 19 have been no better.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
6TimeFinalists time with us was so brief. Are we the better for him gracing us with his presence? Only time will tell, but it is something we can share with our grandkids. We can tell them that we knew 6TimeFinalists in his prime. Thank you 6 for taking the time out to enrich our lives with your pearls of wisdom.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
We are 8 time finalists, 1 time grand finalist, dont play in derbys, had two AFL MVP winners, 1 Brownlow medallist and 16 all australian players in that time, i dont see your point being proved really, in fact is that we have in that period been more successful than your club going by the criteria you set yourself.

Personally, i am not claiming our past 19 years have been anything but terrible but i'm afraid your past 19 have been no better.

What is more, is this period is worst period of Carlton history and a Freo supporter is pretty happy with his lot that has done no more. That most of us Carlton supporters are disgusted with our own lack of success in this period shows we still have some standards we wish to get back. Stating a club made finals in modern era is nothing to brag about. Given you only have to be 8th best in league it is nothing special. When it was a top five to make finals it had some kind of status but now every club should make finals a few times a decade at very least.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
You are beating your head against a brick wall, etsy. Some would prefer to ignore what comes with Robbo, much like some would have been happy to continue turning a blind eye to the negative impact Fev was having on the playing group. There are some supporters who still think we are playing the game in the '70s or '80s.
Right there....
that's what shits me with that mindset.
Fev
He's not,I agree with you,he does command a certain crafty force when on,that has you wishin on roll.
Most exciting football is when a team wants to score and score heavily fast.
Take ya breath away skills,
balls never feels the ground,
Swept away footy......

Aug 25, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood
I think I'm in the minority here, but I hope we offer Robbo a one year contract and see if he can repay the faith in the club by training the house down and staying out of trouble. There are worse crimes than sticking up for a mate.. the lying to the club was a bad look though, which probably sealed his fate.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I hope we offer Robbo a one year contract and see if he can repay the faith in the club by training the house down and staying out of trouble. There are worse crimes than sticking up for a mate.. the lying to the club was a bad look though, which probably sealed his fate.

So far:
96 posters have voted yes to the idea that Mitch deserves a chance at redemption.
32 have voted NO.
15 voted maybe
and 13 are undecided

The great majority agree with you - so you are hardly in the minority. As usual though - a vocal minority can provide the perception that the majority view isn't.

So far:
96 posters have voted yes to the idea that Mitch deserves a chance at redemption.
32 have voted NO.
15 voted maybe
and 13 are undecided

The great majority agree with you - so you are hardly in the minority. As usual though - a vocal minority can provide the perception that the majority view isn't.

I wonder what the leadership groups survey says?

No one was surveying the leadership group ....
I get the love for Mitch. I really do.

From the outside looking in, I'd say give him another chance.

However, I feel the players may have exercised their discretion in this matter and wish Mitch all the best for the future.

I get the love for Mitch. I really do.

From the outside looking in, I'd say give him another chance.

However, I feel the players may have exercised their discretion in this matter and wish Mitch all the best for the future.
You may be right mate it IS a discussion from the outside looking in - and thats all it was supposed to be... all this was ( supposed) to be about was would YOU give Mitch a chance...never intended it for to be a discussion about what Malthouse or the players should or should not do..

maybe got derailed too much with those issues...

No1Suspect

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2010
In the shadows
AFL Club
Carlton
I've read some bollocks on Robbo in this thread, but this takes the cake. How many games has Holman played? Plays in the twos but coaching staff see different? If you want him gone due to of-field antics - fair enough - it's a valid point (personally I don't think he should be gone for that - he deserves at least a final warning), but don't spout absolute garbage based on hear-say. If Judd says he thinks Robbo has more to offer, good enough for me.

I actually voted for Robbo to stay, never once have i said in that paragraph that 'I' want him gone... and Nor have i made any reference to Judd and what he has supposedly said about Robbo... i was simply stating that. FOR THE FUTURE.. the coaching staff 'may' see Holman as a more polished version of Robbo. Robbo wasn't working miracles in his first year either... Take it to heart next time ffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back