Mitchell Farmer (Past Players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #13 Mitchell Farmer

Farmer at January training (© The Toots Collection™ )

n668067098_461259_6232.jpg

I've seen some quite promising reports regarding Farmer's efforts fort Sturt today in their trial against WWT.

I'm looking forward to following Mitchell's progress this year, i get the feeling he could be something special.

heard the same that farmer played very smart football for sturt and had lots of possessions - maybe he has done enough to stay in the league team or Sturt and/or a game for the Power against Freo at Noarlunga.

Would be good to see him at Noarlunga, but i dont think theres any need to rush him. Hes not a serious candidate for round 1, so let him get 100 minutes of football in some Sturt trials, rather than play 20 minutes in our trial against Freo.

good point ebert 80 - would like to see him playing in power colours as he is one of the few players who has not already done so

Central v Sturt at Elizabeth this weekend. Will be a good test for him. There'd be the opportunity for a few Power boys to play in that game.

Yeh - considering the hot 42 degree conditions all players tried hard. Farmer had a similar number of possessions as last week and tried hard when the ball came his way - did a few good chases and spoils and helped in a few goals. Has some speed behind him.

Is playing in Sturt B team in this weekends' trial game against Glenelg - a litle surprised - a gun - played well in all trial games so far - hopefully only a little set back - and back in the A's for 1st round SANFL game for Sturt

Is playing in Sturt B team in this weekends' trial game against Glenelg - a litle surprised - a gun - played well in all trial games so far - hopefully only a little set back - and back in the A's for 1st round SANFL game for Sturt

Hopefully its only to give some Sturt juniors a run in their League side, because if they make a habit of putting him in the Reserves, he will be more than welcome at the PAMFC ;)

not sure if april fools joke but power from port website mentions that mitch was reported from last friday nights game and tribunal tonight - will just see if joke or not - if not hope nothing too bad

Heard Danny Boyle was reported in the Centrals v Port game Saturday night. But not Farmer. Maybe some confusion there?

farmer was reported and heard that he got off. not heard anything about doyle though - should hear soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

farmer's stats from todays Sunday Mail - 10kicks - 4 marks - 6 handballs - 2 tackles - tries and plays hard each week.

Farmer's qualities are getting recognised at Alberton.

Farmer tipped to bear fruit
Author: Katrina Gill
5:14 PM Thu 10 April, 2008

n668067098_547668_2836.jpg

Mitch Farmer has made a quick impression in the SANFL

HE’S ONLY played two league games with SANFL club Sturt, but early signs suggest Mitch Farmer could be the pick of Port Adelaide’s 2007 crop.

Farmer was considered by Port Adelaide recruiters to be a ‘steal’ at pick 49 in the 2007 NAB AFL Draft and, already, supporters are starting to see why.

The 19-year-old has averaged 14 touches and four marks in his first two games with the Double Blues and, on Monday, he received rave reviews from development manager Daniel Healy.

“Mitch continues to impress us. He played in defence on some pretty smart full forwards for Central Districts,” Healy told portadelaidefc.com.au

“He loves the competition. He gives a bit of niggle and gets in a few blues with the opposition. It just shows that he’s got that competitive streak that we know is renowned at Port and that Choco loves.

“In a few more games I think he’s going to be very prominent around the place.”

More here...

sturt game v south on tv today and according to commentators had already 15 touches by half time - can hardly wait until the stats come out in the paper tomorrow to see exactly what he did because he was not exactly quiet in the second half either

This kid is going to be very good.

As I've posted elsewhere, he looks just about ready IMO for an AFL debut. Is more composed than Surjan by a long way and has got a well-developed body from now to stand up to physical pressures.

another consistent performance by farmer this weekend - played a few different positions - and kicked some goals

Re: Some teams act tough

Hey Fordy (or anyone else)

I would appreciate any news on how Mitch Farmer played for Sturt on the weekend. He has had about a month off with a groin so I would be really appreciate any info.

Cheers

Re: Some teams act tough

Hey Fordy (or anyone else)

I would appreciate any news on how Mitch Farmer played for Sturt on the weekend. He has had about a month off with a groin so I would be really appreciate any info.

Cheers

I was half listening to the SANFL show on 5AA last night and someone from Sturt - possibly MacGowan - said Farmer had been injured but showed that once he's selected for the AFL, he won't be coming back to them. He was really impressed with him, but sorry I can't remember much more. He was also asked point blank if he saw any evidence of OP in Thomson and replied with a resounding no.

Farmer picked up 18 touches and made the best players for Sturt. First game back after a few weeks out with a groin injury.

A friend of mine goes to all Sturt matches and he reckons that Farmer is a long term AFL player in the making and is playing well enough to get a call up soon.

He has what he calls is the typical Victorian toughness and confidence and shows it in the SANFL regularly.

I was half listening to the SANFL show on 5AA last night and someone from Sturt - possibly MacGowan - said Farmer had been injured but showed that once he's selected for the AFL, he won't be coming back to them. He was really impressed with him, but sorry I can't remember much more. He was also asked point blank if he saw any evidence of OP in Thomson and replied with a resounding no.

I was at the game & have watched Farmer play a few times this year & he looks like a very solid investment - he plays pretty tight on his man, is reasonable strong overhead for his size, his attack on the ball & man is very good but he can be overzealous & give away unnecessary free kicks. His only down side are his footskills - i'm not looking for precision passing here but if you play in the back-line you should really be able to hit a target at least 90% of the time especially if you're not under pressure. He was also involved in what i thought was the play of the day where he started off half back & ran through the middle of the ground then knocked over a norwood guy or two got the footy & set up a goal.

This is on ptv showing highlights of Mitch's game for Sturt v Norwood.
http://bigpondvideo.com/PortAdelaideTV/60221

According to this article the kids playing SANFL will be shown on PTV each week from now on. Hope the music improves.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/tabid/6038/Default.aspx?newsid=61875

PTV goes to the SANFL
1:58 PM Fri 20 June, 2008
PTV, the Power’s video channel for its website, is taking you to the SANFL every week to check out one of our future stars.

Every week, by going to the club’s website, you’ll be able to see video highlights of one of the Power players playing in the SANFL.

And it starts right now, with some sensational highlights of new recruit Mitch Farmer playing for Sturt against Norwood at Unley on Sunday 15 June.

See the small and tenacious defender run down a Norwood opponent and give him a little attitude as he wins the free for holding the ball.

He’s the blonde-haired No. 50 in Sturt’s sky blue.

Check back next week for more PTV vision from the SANFL of a Power 'Future Star'.
portadelaidefc.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back