Mitchell vs Hodge

Who is the better player

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell is IMO a top 3 midfielder of his generation (Behind only GAJ and Judd, I don't classify Fyfe as in Mitchells generation). I've never in my 20 odd years watching footy seen a player with better vision and composure.

This. Up there with G.Williams, S.Black and GAJ in traffic/decision making/creativity/vision. Doesn't go with GAJ and Black once it spreads but he is a great on baller.

Hodge the most overrated player in the business. Only ever finished in a Brownlow top 10 once where he finished equal 10th. Mitchell any day.

Shows you just how unrepresentative the Brownlow really is.....And, since when did Hodge take that mantle away from Cyril?

It seems that a NSM & 4 premierships, is the prerequisite for that title on Big footy...NaCl

You'd need a super computer to work this one out.
In the red corner you have one of the top 3 inside midfielders
of all time.
In the blue corner you have this unorthodox, intangible inspiration machine that delivers something every time it matters.
I honestly see them as the Hawk twins and therefore cannot separate. Strangely they both seem so underrated ... For example they would destroy the Judd, Kerr midfield in a GF and it would be game on with Voss and Acker, yet individually no one rates them in that league. Bizarre to me and genuinely sad for them. Ultimately their complete and utter humility and team play is likely why.

You'd need a super computer to work this one out.
In the red corner you have one of the top 3 inside midfielders
of all time.
In the blue corner you have this unorthodox, intangible inspiration machine that delivers something every time it matters.
I honestly see them as the Hawk twins and therefore cannot separate. Strangely they both seem so underrated ... For example they would destroy the Judd, Kerr midfield in a GF and it would be game on with Voss and Acker, yet individually no one rates them in that league. Bizarre to me and genuinely sad for them. Ultimately their complete and utter humility and team play is likely why.
Everyone rates Mitchell and Hodge highly... Just not as highly as you guys seem to think they belong.... Most even midfield with guys like burgoyne, Lewis, Smith, hill. But you're having a laugh if you think your mids are easily better than the WCE midfield of the time.....

Oh yeah and Mitchell>Hodge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hesitantly say Mitchell.Sammy very rarely plays a bad game,and a bad game for him was 25 possessions.I hesitate because Hodge is a gun midfielder but because he is so versatile and such a brilliant reader of the game he's been used in defence alot because that's where attacking football starts these days.I think Hodge suffers from the fact he can play just about anywhere and dominate.2 Normies,1 playing defence,1 playing midfield.Pretty much sums him up.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Back