MLB 2014 Game Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's felt a little overblown over the course of the season for a player who was barely major league standard, especially the last month or two. But that was just sensational yesterday, will be hard to top for sporting moment of the year

Think Jeter is a little better than barely major league standard.....future hall of famer. I would say NY press overates him but he is a champion and i love one club players, doesnt happen all that often in MLB.

What i didnt realise is apart from DH, he has only ever played SS. Has never filled in at 2B, 3B or even 1B, unbeleivable. How often does that happen over a 20yr career?

Think Jeter is a little better than barely major league standard.....future hall of famer. I would say NY press overates him but he is a champion and i love one club players, doesnt happen all that often in MLB.

What i didnt realise is apart from DH, he has only ever played SS. Has never filled in at 2B, 3B or even 1B, unbeleivable. How often does that happen over a 20yr career?
He's an all time great, I just mean purely in terms of this season, where he's been limping to the finishline. He's certainly earnt his farewell tour, but it must be tough (even for him) to go through all the pregame, gifts fanfare etc when you just can't do what you used to be able to anymore.

Dream over for the M's - they are ahead of the Anheles's in the last game but needed Oakland to lose and they won 4-0. Thanks for nothing Texas.

So close and yet so far - good progress this year but they blew it last week............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back