Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
22274549.jpg

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Im just about done with my braves for a bit. They resign all these players to long term contracts (admittedly some bad ones) and now trade them all away.

They ask us fans to love these players then get rid of them. They were a basket case this year and now have started doing it again.

Have traded andrelton simmons to the angels for eric aybar and their top 2 pitching prospects. How many pitching prospects do we need?

Simmons brings fans to the game. His defensive skils are the best in the mlb. Sure his bat is average at best but was under contract for 5 more years.

Freeman is the only player who signed on long term remaining and im sure he would love to leave if given them chance.

These kids they have traded for better be good in 2017 onwards.....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
It could be even worse, you could support every other teams feeder club, Oakland.
That Donaldson trade worked out great
:drunk:

Bomber Bears

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2005
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW
Im just about done with my braves for a bit. They resign all these players to long term contracts (admittedly some bad ones) and now trade them all away.

They ask us fans to love these players then get rid of them. They were a basket case this year and now have started doing it again.

Have traded andrelton simmons to the angels for eric aybar and their top 2 pitching prospects. How many pitching prospects do we need?

Simmons brings fans to the game. His defensive skils are the best in the mlb. Sure his bat is average at best but was under contract for 5 more years.

Freeman is the only player who signed on long term remaining and im sure he would love to leave if given them chance.

These kids they have traded for better be good in 2017 onwards.....

If they do it well it's worth it. I got on the Cubs in 2012, that was three pretty terrible years of anyone of value being traded away. But boy did it make the side exploding this season enjoyable.

There's been rumours of Freeman (don't really see that happening) and Shelby Miller being traded as well as Julio Tehran. Miller seems crazy, given he is young and should still be around when the side is supposed to be getting good again. Talks of a Cubs Braves trade involving Jorge Soler. Seems the cubs are looking to free up a bit of the infield/outfield - i imagine if Soler goes Bryant moves to right field, Baez to third base. Baez and Castro would be dangled also I imagine. Still need a centre fielder from somewhere.

Oh and David Price signed for Boston for 7 years/$217 million, with an opt out after three years if he wants to bet on himself again (ala Greinke).

Dan Moody

Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
GREINKE!!!!
Well done, that will take him up to the age of 38.
D-Backs looking good for next season, I don't think it was the money for Zack more about being the main guy.
Arizona should bet better for him as well, less publicity, will help his social anxiety.

dascman03

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
49ers, Dodgers
I'm still stunned that the Diamondbacks, of all teams, gazumped the Dodgers (and Giants) and nabbed Greinke. As a Dodgers fan, it feels arguably worse that he signed with them rather than the Giants - to think the richest club in the game (by a fair margin) was outbid by what is ultimately a small market team is pretty embarrassing. I get that the Dodgers are trying to get younger and are petrified of becoming like the Yankees and Phillies of recent years, but I don't understand how they'd be comfortable committing to Greinke's age-36 year, but not age-37, for the sake of millions of dollars the team can undoubtedly afford.

The new ownership/Friedman-led baseball ops department is treading a fine line - the fans are crying out for a World Series after a near-30 year wait, so winning now has to be a priority, but they're also trying to build a long-term juggernaut on the back of younger players on palatable longer-term deals and lots of Cuban imports. That's a tough sell for fans demanding instant success. I fear we may have lost our best chance of World Series success with Greinke gone, particularly with Kershaw being in his prime right now. He can also opt out in 2018, and the idea of him in anything other than Dodger blue frightens the hell out of me.

Above all though, I'll just miss watching Greinke every fifth day. He's a really interesting character and an undoubtedly great pitcher. Will be interesting to see how he fares away from LA and pitch-framer extraordinaire Yasmani Grandal, who definitely was a key factor in Greinke's stellar year last year (stealing strikes, working the corners etc.)

Dan Moody

Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm still stunned that the Diamondbacks, of all teams, gazumped the Dodgers (and Giants) and nabbed Greinke. As a Dodgers fan, it feels arguably worse that he signed with them rather than the Giants - to think the richest club in the game (by a fair margin) was outbid by what is ultimately a small market team is pretty embarrassing. I get that the Dodgers are trying to get younger and are petrified of becoming like the Yankees and Phillies of recent years, but I don't understand how they'd be comfortable committing to Greinke's age-36 year, but not age-37, for the sake of millions of dollars the team can undoubtedly afford.

The new ownership/Friedman-led baseball ops department is treading a fine line - the fans are crying out for a World Series after a near-30 year wait, so winning now has to be a priority, but they're also trying to build a long-term juggernaut on the back of younger players on palatable longer-term deals and lots of Cuban imports. That's a tough sell for fans demanding instant success. I fear we may have lost our best chance of World Series success with Greinke gone, particularly with Kershaw being in his prime right now. He can also opt out in 2018, and the idea of him in anything other than Dodger blue frightens the hell out of me.

Above all though, I'll just miss watching Greinke every fifth day. He's a really interesting character and an undoubtedly great pitcher. Will be interesting to see how he fares away from LA and pitch-framer extraordinaire Yasmani Grandal, who definitely was a key factor in Greinke's stellar year last year (stealing strikes, working the corners etc.)
Have you see Greinke's interviews?
Very awkward but has a great insight and every answer he gives is measured and thought out

dascman03

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
49ers, Dodgers
Have you see Greinke's interviews?
Very awkward but has a great insight and every answer he gives is measured and thought out

Yep. He's refreshingly honest and that's one of the things I'll miss most about him. Doesn't follow convention or play by anyone else's rules. He even said when he signed for the Dodgers that money was his number one priority, so I guess we should've seen this move coming after all, given the Dbacks offered more than $40 million more over the life of the new deal.

I think he's overcome much of the "social anxiety" as well - he always performed well in the playoffs for the Dodgers, and handled the so-called "bright lights" of LA extremely well. In her book about the Dodgers (GREAT book btw), Molly Knight gives a really fascinating insight into his character. Needless to say she, along with almost all Dodger fans, is devastated that he's leaving.

dascman03

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
49ers, Dodgers
Well the Dodgers agreed to trade two prospects for Aroldis Chapman until some last-minute sleuthing revealed he was the subject of a police investigation for allegedly choking his girlfriend and firing eight bullets into a concrete wall during a domestic dispute last month.

He obviously would have been a good signing for the Dodgers, even as he enters his walk year, but they surely can't proceed with this trade while he's the subject of multiple investigations. Not sure if I even want that sort of character on our roster (wouldn't be sad if we moved Puig on either).

Great trade for the Braves. Dbacks gave up a lot for Miller.

Happy to give up what we did. I'm loving this win now attitude. Wasn't keen on losing Inciarte but if Tomas is going to be earring 11mil plus a year, he's gotta be on the field.

Aaron Blair will be something though, and you'd assume Swanson will as well, and is no longer stuck behind an incumbent SS.

Loving the look of Greinke, Corbin & Miller as the top of the rotation

Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Happy to give up what we did. I'm loving this win now attitude. Wasn't keen on losing Inciarte but if Tomas is going to be earring 11mil plus a year, he's gotta be on the field.

Aaron Blair will be something though, and you'd assume Swanson will as well, and is no longer stuck behind an incumbent SS.

Loving the look of Greinke, Corbin & Miller as the top of the rotation
It will be great for the Dbacks next season but could really hurt in the future.

I think you should of been able to get Miller for less.

It will be great for the Dbacks next season but could really hurt in the future.

I think you should of been able to get Miller for less.

From what I've read, the cost was a result of the amount of clubs interested, which was up to 12

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Sad to see Miller go but finally a trade you can see what we are trying to achieve. Hopefully this young talent pays off.

Diamondbacks now with a very strong rotation, miller is a gem. They had to give up a lot as the braves weren't going to give him up unless they got a deal like the one they were offered.

Back