MLB TV coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how much MLB coverage Foxtel intends to run this season?
I have IQ2 and i'm thinking of upgrading to HD package. I know under this package you get ESPN2+ (Edit: not sure if you get an extra ESPN channel as obviously you get two with standard pack) but not sure what they sure on there.

Or alternatively thinking of getting MLB TV season pass. Not sure on $A cost these days but getting NFL gamepass was the best $120 i've spent in a while.

Don't have Foxtel, so can't tell you what they are showing.

Am I right in saying One HD have pulled out?

But the main point of my post is I have MLB.TV and it is brilliant, watch whatever game whenever I want, was the best money I have ever spent.

Games are about 1GB Each so take that into consideration when deciding whether to buy or not.

ESPN usually show 2-3 games per week and fox sports another 2-3 games.

I know ONE HD used to show games, but can't remember if they did so last season.

MLB.tv is great though and this year is about $120 for full season plus spring training games.

$125 for the MLB.tv Premium Package is well worth even if your like me and only catch a few moments of games each day and a game or two each weekend. It just gives you the option of watching the Baseball you want to watch not what ESPN, Fox Sports or ONE HD want to show.

So if you want to watch your team play watch them, if there is pitching battle you want to see but your at work then watch it anytime anywhere you want rather than record. Your watching a game live and you get word that a NL Pitcher is about to hit for the cycle (insert joke here) then you'll be notified of this and have the ability watch it happen.

You get to pick the home or away coverage, get to watch it on you computer, iPad, TV though an AppleTV and/or Smartphone. I was able to watch games last year in bed, on the bus on the way to work, at the Football, at work and even at the Baseball itself (face it the Mariners do suck even live:D).

I didn't even have to ask twice to renew, I just did. The value for money is better than any sport on the market.

ESPN usually show 2-3 games per week and fox sports another 2-3 games.

5 games on ESPN/ESPN2 (every morning bar Friday and Sunday) and 3-4 on Fox Sports (though half probably on delay)

If you want to follow your team and you are likely to be able to watch games get the MLB TV.

If you just want to watch or IQ games this may suffice

does the mlb.tv thing include somethnig like the nfl network with talk shows/documentaries etc.?

Not to my knowledge. Unfortunatley, all those Nth American sports (MLB, NFL, NHL) have their own subscription/app.

+1 for me for the MLB.TV subscription- for the $120 you get absolutely everything throughout the season- Live, On-Demand, you name it. Then, as robbieando mentions above, in addition to your PC, the ability to pick this up on an ipad, iphone, Apple TV gives you access just about everywhere.
I'll also add you can download the app free to your PS3 (if you have one). You'll need to be a bit sneaky and set up a new account, but if you put in a US Address, when you switch to this user, go to the PlayStation Shop and it will be the US version which lets you download the app (along with a few others;)) free, and this will now be under the TV section of your XMB menu for all users (ie. if you switch back to your standard Aussie user). Depending on your internet connection (I opt for cabled to minimise wireless drop out) the PS3 does a great job upscaling it for your TV.

Well MLB.TV have an agreement with Boxee Box so if you have one you can use the app there to watch games if you buy the subscription.

Obviously you can also hook up a HDMI from your laptop to TV but it's nice to have a lot of options! If only NBA LP and NFL GP could make agreements to have apps on Boxee Box!

MLB at Bat iPhone App now puts telecast through the TV from your iPhone with correct connection.

Makes the cost of MLB.TV even more cost effective.

Hey guys.

Thinking of subscribing this year. Does anyone know of ay promo codes or discounts available.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys.

Thinking of subscribing this year. Does anyone know of ay promo codes or discounts available.

Thanks in advance.

The good old Aussie dollar gives us a discount lol, about 5% at the moment.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm trying to get it now. how long does the password have to be. because it won't let me purchase it
No idea, I've had the same password for years, and let's just say it's more then 7 letters.:cool:

Try their help centre if it won't let you subscribe, they usually respond within 24 hours through email.

ok what's the difference between standard and nexgen, why does it continually just show a circle of dots circling, and why can't I use the PVR to start the game at the actual start?
By standard and next gen I'm guessing you are asking about the premium or normal pricing options.

The only real difference for us is that you get the app for free with the premium deal, and also you get access to more audio choices on some games.

As for why it's taking so long to load, I don't know, on my PC or laptop it only takes a few seconds, but on my PS3 it can take up to 5 minutes to come on, must be your network wi fi speed.

Oh, by the way the free game today is the Giants versus the Rangers, Matt Cain is starting for the Giants, starts around midday AEDT.:)

Nah I was trying to watch the Mariners game on MLBTV, as I was watching the footy, there are now two options to watch the game online.

How do I get the app on my PS3?

Yeah, there are usually 2-3 options to watch a game on MLB.tv (sometimes more in the US based regular season games).

To get the App you need a US PSN account, you then just download it from the Playstation store and once you install it then it will be on your system no matter what user or online account you log in with.

I can only watch the replay coverage on my PS3, the live HD coverage is too much for my crappy wi fi.:cool:

Is it official that One HD are showing no MLB this year?

Very disappointing if that is the case, but I guess Packer got his way.

Just justifies the MLB.TV's price even more.

They scrapped NBA this season so it wouldn't be surprising if they did the same to MLB. One is a waste of space, it's a shame there aren't more TV execs with a bit of foresight and backbone to stick with the sports focus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back