Mod. Notice Moderator changes-farewell and hello

Remove this Banner Ad

Fellow Geelong board members,

it is time to update you all on some recent changes to your mod team. As you may have noticed dazbroncos and catempire were recently lit up in blue as spec mods and have progressed now to full mod status. They have done a fantastic job and have taken on more than new spec mods usually do, and have contributed a lot to the board. We hope you will continue to support them in their mod roles.

With that comes time to announce some departures, as both SJ and Turbocat are stepping back from the mod team. As those of you who have been around for several years will be well aware, SJ has been a bastion of the board for many years and has served in many roles, most unnoticed, but the board would not have run without him. In addition to being a Geelong board mod he has also simultaneously modded on the Supercoach board and on our board has co-ordinated the Geelong supercoach comps, the MVP tallies and votes, along with jim boy has had a large role in organising our successful sponsorship of first Varcoe for many years, and now Cockatoo (a sponsorship we hope will go on for years to come). He also runs the Geelong BF's board twitter account and many of you will have noticed it's great newsworthy tweets, and questions which have been put to and answered on tweet the Coach. He has also been instrumental in organising and running the Geelong board BF podcast. I am fortunate enough to know him well outside of BF and even I had no idea how much of a contribution he actually made to the board until I joined the mod team. SJ has now decided it is time for him to step back from mod duties and move onto the next phase of his life, however he will still be part of the board as a poster.

Turbocat as most of you will know joined the mod team a couple of years ago as a spec mod and quickly progressed to full mod status. He has handled a number of roles with aplomb and from his early mod days was right on top of keeping opposition trolls away from you all as well as encouraging board members to be a little kinder to each other. He has a great capacity to handle the small week to week details and I have appreciated his ability to get the team threads out at the right time each thursday and open and close and manage the gameday threads really well. Game day modding is the toughest task as it tends to be when we get the most incoming trolls and also is when we get the highest post count, and as many of the other mods have been at the footy at the time much of that has been managed by Turbocat and he has taken it in his stride. As well as this he has an ability like few on the board to give in depth posts that really truly analyse the club and it's players, that you want to read without ever feeling bored. He will also be stepping away from full time mod duties but staying with us as a poster.

We thank both of them for their service and wish them well. Being a mod is a thankless task that takes time out of the personal life of each who does it, and these guys do it because they love our great club and love BF and want to build the community here.

Joining us full time are catempire who I think all will agree is one of the most respected posters on our board with his ability to bring great insight and calmness to each situation. He has jumped into his mod duties full steam ahead including managing that very difficult Dangerfield thread, and has shown he will be a great asset to the team. Also joining us is dazbroncos who many of you will know from his KROCK call ins, we appreciate him joining the team from the other side of the world and he too has impressed with not only his passion for the club and players but his ability to be fair handed and discipline when necessary.

Myself and winty will be staying around for the time being to help guide and work with our new mods and we are glad to be part of a great team. With the changes in the team and the fact that I will be staying as a mod but on reduced time over the off season as I welcome a child in a few weeks, we ask that as a board you support your mods as much as possible. While personnel is changing our passion for the club and culture of the board will not. We believe this is one of the best boards on BF because it is a real community that cares for each other and we want to keep that. We plan to continue to make this a place that is a home for Geelong supporters where their right to post is respected, and where we form great friendships. We ask you all to care for each other in how you post and remember that though we often differ in opinions, we should remember that we all share in a common goal of supporting a great club that plays football the right way and brings enjoyment to us, and we want to bring that encouragement to each other.

Pure_Ownage on behalf of your mod team, Winty, catempire and dazbroncos

Last edited:
With that comes time to announce some departures, as both SJ and Turbocat are stepping back from the mod team.
Santa is real......and has come 3 months early :D

dancing-penn-state-hockey-fan-dancing-sports-fan-gifs.gif

Just kidding.Farewell SJ and Turbocat

4293620-5882402290-ifRuy.gif

Just to reflect on PO's words this board just does not exist by itself nor does it manage itself. @ SJ and Turbocat have been masters of this domain for an outstanding period and I hope each person here takes a second to acknowledge their contributions to making this a better place than whence they found it.
I personally have a massive undertaking to even begin to fill their 1/2 their shoes. Thankfully, the GFC board has great Mods in situ still with Pure_Ownage winty and catempire we are well placed morning forward.

Go Catters

Well done and thanks to the two departing mods. I'm sure keeping the boards tidy and posters in line, especially during busy periods, is a difficult, time-consuming task, and one which doesn't garner a lot of praise. Appreciate the work both of them have done for this board, and in SJ's case, the stuff outside of it (like coordinating fantasy leagues), as well.

Going to be strange seeing them as normal posters.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said Pure_Ownage. :thumbsu:

Echo your sentiments on the marvellous contributions of SJ and Turbocat. I hope we will get to see more of them as "civilian” posters now. ;)
As long as they keep up the posting...
We had one Mod who stepped down and has been awol since.
We have a great board. Can't compare it with any others, as I rarely venture past ours.

T-rad you're still going to be around just not moderating? :(
As PO said you've done a fantastic job keeping the board mood in a good place and making sure it's friendly and welcoming!:thumbsu:

I've always thought of myself as more of a rocker than a mod, regardless I'm certain I have no idea about the work that goes on behind the scenes so that scoundrels like me can post on here and enjoy the banter. One thing I can say for sure though is it's appreciated; especially for a Melbourne based Cats fan that has way too many mates that support Essendbum instead of the greatest team of all. Thanks again guys for all your work.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Do they have to be sent away to a special place where they get De-Moderatored and learn how to live in the real world again ?
Probably sent to some special clinic to remove your brown-nosing lips!

Congratulations to Pure_Ownage on your own news. Thanks to Turbocat and SJ for your thankless work :thumbsu:

Turbo has been on his farewell tour for a while and knows we all think he is a gun.
But SJ will be very missed... he has been the king for as long as I have been around, ripping poster, ripping mod, ripping bloke... and hopefully will now have time to finish off his inquisition :D

Also no excuses now to not come to a meet up !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back