General Bombers Talk Mods - this board is impossible to read

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not bothering to read through this entire thread, but is there some way Weevil or whoever can only get the players threads not to show up when you select 'no prefix'?
Ye of little faith.

I ran it by weev, but unfortunately it's all or nothing. He's pretty clever with his coding and all that though, so I hold out hope. :p

Well, if you could just take them out in one fowl swoop it would be OK. But you'd still have to have the players watch threads up as the default option otherwise we'll be back at square one. Bottom line is: we all like to take short cuts.

The biggest test is going to be Saturday night/Sunday after the North game, no doubt. The worry is that the entire board will be clogged with player threads.

It sort of was last year, except instead of designated threads people would start new threads on each player most weeks. Sometime's there'd be multiple threads on the one player.

Get phonqd.

Joking.

But seriously, I would've thought there'd be a correlation between increased board activity and an increase in page views; a positive for the advertisers.

Mods - any science to this?

I think the board has become better since the recent changes.

Obviously as the season gets closer, these boards seem to get busier anyway.

But I was starting to get a bit stale, but my interest has picked up, 20% because of the recent upgrades and 80% is the time of year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GPhone

I would guess that the changes have been made to increase traffic on this board, possibly at the behest of BF administrators.

Your argument about clique's is irrelevant now - possibly you had a case a year ago.

And even if you argument about clique's is true - Figures show that more people are posting.

Ye of little faith.

I ran it by weev, but unfortunately it's all or nothing. He's pretty clever with his coding and all that though, so I hold out hope. :p

Best post in this thread. ;)

There -may- be a way to do it, but it will take some jiggering and may introduce other issues.

Vbulletin does actually let you filter by multiple prefixes simultaneously:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/search.php?searchid=8423219

But it does not let you filter buy multiple prefixes and threads with no prefix at the same time.

This is obviously really annoying.

But what we might be able to do is have a 'general discussion' default prefix, that does not actually show a prefix...If that makes sense...

The problem with that is if you look at the that link it is not really a forum, they are search results, it does not display the sub boards, links and stuff at the top of the page.

No promises that it will work, but I'll talk to chief and see if we can do it.

Get phonqd.

Joking.

But seriously, I would've thought there'd be a correlation between increased board activity and an increase in page views; a positive for the advertisers.

Mods - any science to this?

Part of the problem is that activity on the board has jumped so far so quickly that people are having trouble adjusting.

This board used to have a handful of threads with new posts in them each day. Now almost the whole front page has new posts in it each day.

I agree with g phonque.

Huge news about the club(i.e Hurley re-signing) and you have to go to page 65 to find it?

FWIW, people could've created a new thread about Hurley re-signing and we'd have no issue.

Yet it would have been merged in 3 hours knowing this new setup which is dead awful at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back