Monfries and Ryder may separate from Gang of 34

Remove this Banner Ad

If we've unwittingly 'inherited' a player ban via Monfries and there's a 'no significant fault' clause in play in terms of his penalty then perhaps the AFL would give us a compensatory draft pick back in front of an Essendon draft pick as part of an agreement for the club not to sue the Dons. Wouldn't that be delicious. The Dogs (Cramieri) would enjoy that bone as well. Costs the AFL absolutely nothing to do this, it's an 'elegant currency' for them as negotiation 101 would call it.

Mind you I think Tommy Logan would be hard done by in such a move by the AFL (it would almost certainly see him off our list).

If we've unwittingly 'inherited' a player ban via Monfries and there's a 'no significant fault' clause in play in terms of his penalty then perhaps the AFL would give us a compensatory draft pick back in front of an Essendon draft pick as part of an agreement for the club not to sue the Dons. Wouldn't that be delicious.
...particularly if the Dons take the spoon.

If we've unwittingly 'inherited' a player ban via Monfries and there's a 'no significant fault' clause in play in terms of his penalty then perhaps the AFL would give us a compensatory draft pick back in front of an Essendon draft pick as part of an agreement for the club not to sue the Dons.

Yep, pick 17 will do nicely.

I think in general it could only be beneficial to them (Monfries and Ryder) to expedite the process by separating from the main group of Essendon players. Unless of course they are still denying everything and hope to have their names cleared, in which case all bets are off.

Interesting.....
IF and i know its a big IF ess do get cleared, what could the ramifications be with the AFL?
I mean being found not guilty yet have been punished with loss of premiership points, not able to play finals and draft sanctions when they arent guilty?

Interesting.....
IF and i know its a big IF ess do get cleared, what could the ramifications be with the AFL?
I mean being found not guilty yet have been punished with loss of premiership points, not able to play finals and draft sanctions when they arent guilty?

Won't make a difference. They were found guilty under the AFL's own disrepute clause, by the AFL's own standards. Essendon could have a complete victory against ASADA and it wouldn't change that.

Yep, Essendon were done by the AFL for shoddy governance practices not use of illegal substances.

Essendon's own internal review was damning.

Switkowski Review
In particular the rapid diversification into exotic supplements, sharp increase in frequency of injections, the shift to treatment offsite in alternative medicine clinics, emergence of unfamiliar suppliers, marginalization of traditional medical staff etc combine to create a disturbing picture of a pharmacologically experimental environment never adequately controlled or challenged or documented within the Club in the period under review.
Switkowski Review

Won't make a difference. They were found guilty under the AFL's own disrepute clause, by the AFL's own standards. Essendon could have a complete victory against ASADA and it wouldn't change that.

How exactly did they bring it into disrepute if found not guilty of everything?
Like saying the cops accused you of murder, your found not guilty but we feel it wasnt a good look for us so we will punish you to

Like saying the cops accused you of murder, your found not guilty but we feel it wasnt a good look for us so we will punish you to

They are self confessed guilty of many things. What they may not be guilty of has yet to be established, what they are admittedly guilty of has been punished by the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you ended up being accused of murder because you were in the wrong skeevy back alley at 3 in the morning injecting god knows what into your veins then it's likely your employer will have a problem with that regardless of what the legal system ends up saying.

If Paddy and Monfries get banned from training with the boys during the pre-season is there a way we could put them with the Maggies boys or is that illegal?
Unacceptable rather than illegal. Very unacceptable. You could travel the world and not find a less acceptable team to train with. Well perhaps the ISIS C-grade, but it's a coin toss.

Their abysmal lack of system controls and overall governance meant that they could not show with certainty what had transpired within their own club. As a licensed club of the AFL this was unacceptable and they were therefore punished by the governing body. And rightly so. A favourable outcome on the matter of PED's does not change this. An unfavourable outcome however may potentially attract further sanctions.

On the flip side I'll be pissed if Essendon players concede 1st and as a result get better deals than Gus and Paddy
Monfries and Ryder remain part of the main block of affected players at this stage.

Their abysmal lack of system controls and overall governance meant that they could not show with certainty what had transpired within their own club. As a licensed club of the AFL this was unacceptable and they were therefore punished by the governing body. And rightly so. A favourable outcome on the matter of PED's does not change this. An unfavourable outcome however may potentially attract further sanctions.

I'm sure there were records kept. At the time.

oliver_north.jpg

Interesting.....

None

The players and club would be thanking their lucky stars. Further the players and club were still guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

Interesting.....

Essendon were charged with bringing the game into disrepute by their shocking lack of governance over their high performance program. There will be no ramifications for the AFL if the players successfully defend themselves against ASADA.

Monfries and Ryder may yet separate from the remaining group of Essendon players. There's just no reason to at the moment. Once we start hearing about potential ASADA deals, we may then see some movement.

Look, guys, can we just change their names to "Jimmy" and "Johnno" by DEPOL? Would that avoid the bans? Check if it's a loophole any lawyer Port supporters on here! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back