Remove this Banner Ad

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Okay boys, weve just finished our GLORIOUS pathway up to the steps of the brand new Moorabbin stadium.
Thing is we put in these 8 pedestals with nothing on them. This isnt gonna do Bigfooty so we need to decide just which legendary players are going to be honoured with being immortalized in LITERAL ETERNAL METAL.

Artists rendition!
NIUYavw.jpg

Okay boys, weve just finished our GLORIOUS pathway up to the steps of the brand new Moorabbin stadium.
Thing is we put in these 8 pedestals with nothing on them. This isnt gonna do Bigfooty so we need to decide just which legendary players are going to be honoured with being immortalized in LITERAL ETERNAL METAL.

Artists rendition!
NIUYavw.jpg
Lenny, Roo, Harvey, plugger, Ian Stewart, Trevor barker, Darrell Baldock & Allan Jeans for me - swap jeans for winmar if players only

Artists rendition!
NIUYavw.jpg

Loving the paint/photoshop skills!

Put the doc on one

Leave the other 7 vacant for our future premiership captains. Should be able to fill one in a few years! :thumbsu:

Artists rendition!
NIUYavw.jpg

I had pretty much the same idea...

Not just Barks, but a Pantheon of all St Kilda legends, even coaches, and Molly hahaha

I'd have it going around the front of the entrances as well, hell why not all around the stadium hahaha!

Only 8? Why not one for each entrance? Instead of metal, why not have those 'living' statues, blokes covered with gold or silver paint that freeze and stick their tongues out for tourist selfies and scare little kids, etc?

The following Saints could be immortalised:

Spida Everitt
Luke Ball
Mick Malthouse
Mark 'Jacko: Jackson (he might actually do his statue himself)
Lindsey Fox
Scott Watters
Tony Delaney
Grant Thomas and Rod Butters on the same plinth fighting over a bundle of cash.

Hayes, Riewoldt, Harvey, Burke, Barker, Stewart, Baldock, Howell/Neale (I think the '66 side needs a third rep, couldn't split)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayes, Riewoldt, Harvey, Burke, Barker, Stewart, Baldock, Howell/Neale (I think the '66 side needs a third rep, couldn't split)

Great idea .

Just saying there are a few not mentioned.

Carl Ditterich
Alan Morrow
Ross Smith
Bob Murray

Brian Gleeson
Neil Roberts

Admin guys . Huggins ... Drake

I really really like this idea. Having our greats immortalised this way would help bring the spiritual home idea back to Moorabbin.

Imagine walking into Linton st and seeing these statues:

View attachment 196583

Harvey and Gleeson next cabs off the rank.

Plenty of time for the likes of Lenny and Roo later IMO

Is the first one Dave McNamara? If so, definitely agree. One for the old, old timers.

Is the first one Dave McNamara? If so, definitely agree. One for the old, old timers.
It is.

Guy was probably the longest kick to ever play VFL/AFL. Represented Victoria and was later President of St.Kilda too

I believe a big part of having a walk like this would be to honour past champions. Everyone knows the current ones, but our history is as long and as proud as any club in the comp.

FWIW Holmesby had him at 6 on his original list of St.Kilda's greatest ever (1995), and even in 2015 still rates him top 10.

Along with our very first Brownlow medallist (Colin Watson) I believe these guys should be at the very start of the walk, as a nod to our past.

Just my 2c

Last edited:
Maybe the Brownlow walk could be a good idea ? That way there would be no need for debate/arguments about who should be there.

Not a bad idea. Colin Watson, Brian Gleeson, Neil Roberts, Verdun Howell, Ian Stewart, Ross Smith, Tony Lockett and Robert Harvey. Good list of players. Although I think there are players whose importance to our club runs far deeper than Brownlows such as Doc and Barker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back