Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

1_16MeFr14MW1949.jpg
Cuddless

He looked on par height wise with mcPh when walking out in second half. He is an absolute beast.

I think Ballas was more excited than Mora about him getting out there. Good on you Mora for working through it all and making it through your first game! When he first got on the field, he was playing like he'd never left. Just needs more match fitness because he faded a bit by the end and looked exhausted when interviewed after the game.

You did me proud mate brought a tear to my eye :') knowing that ill never be able to play again your my inspiration :')
Do you think Mora really shouted when he said dream? It's in italics, so it must be true.

To kick that goal wouldve made all the Darwanians throw beer in the air.. or more down their throats.

Well done, Morra! I dont know how long he'll last after 3 recos, havent seen anyone have 3 and be elite after.. Can you remember anyone?

Not being negative, just realistic.

We need to drop Sylvia.. honestly.

Back to a 19th man wearing a dressing gown on the bench? Who would often sit there all day without playing. It's a bit radical but the game may need to move towards this to get rid of the rolling maul we have now.

It's more or less saying don't bother about a sub as the game is still one big congestion and move to capping rotations. 120 us hardly a cap. If we had 80 then the game would be more positional and less of a constant flood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's more or less saying don't bother about a sub as the game is still one big congestion and move to capping rotations. 120 us hardly a cap. If we had 80 then the game would be more positional and less of a constant flood.

People say that but coaches aren't going to give up their numerical advantage around the ball, especially if the opposition leave all their players in traditional positions and allow a 10 vs 4 mismatch where the action is.

More likely coaches will just instruct their players to chip it around more and retain easy possession to give themselves a breather while they have the ball.

Anyone else see the evil stare down Ross gave the journo who asked Mora if he ever contemplated retirement? It was fierce and went on a long time.

It really was the visual version of "You're quite brilliant Shane"...

I think the journo concerned (pathetic headline seeking dramatist) is closer to retirement than Mora too...

Well done, Morra! I dont know how long he'll last after 3 recos, havent seen anyone have 3 and be elite after.. Can you remember anyone?

Not being negative, just realistic.

Schwartz? Malceski?

Bailey had 3 but was never really elite anyway, still won a premiership.

Honestly who else has had 3 recos and not retired or just been to old to keep going? I'm not too worried.

Whatever will be, will be - from here on in it is all a bonus...

The fact Mora got back for at least one more run at AFL level is reward in and of itself - all you have to look at is how popular he is around the club, and how emotionally supportive everyone is of him down at Freo, to see why just getting back to play one game is in effect almost a grand final win for him.

Let's just back off and let him ease on in from here, no pressure needed for him to get 15 possies a game or kick 3 goals a game or anything...

So, so, so glad he is back and healthy!!

I notice there were already Eagles fans ringing 6PR after the game last night suggesting they should try and lure him over to the dark side.
Shows what their midfield is like when a bloke out of the game for 3 years would walk into their 22.
Yes that is true. Won't be our only player who gets discussed at trade time, but I hope Mora has a new contract before seasons end.

Schwartz? Malceski?

Bailey had 3 but was never really elite anyway, still won a premiership.

Honestly who else has had 3 recos and not retired or just been to old to keep going? I'm not too worried.
McManus had 2 and I think it prolonged his career in the end. While he was serviceable after he wasn't the athlete that Mora is. It's really a case of wait and see.

Statistics wise Mora was just as good col syliva, and col played the whole game! It seems (very early on) he has good chemistry with the boys which is important. I hope he continues to grow and becomes a weapon again! These things will take time no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back