Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I see Sutty as being at the moment, perhaps Sutty has finished his apprenticeship and is ready for more midfield time now, and Mora can get a few games in Sutty's old position.

Sutty has an awesome boot and is an endurance runner, but I'm really bad at judging who is good for pace and not, as the game goesso fast, I think they're all good runners. The exceptionally fast ones stand out of course, like Hill and PearceD and Ballas on lead. If Sutty were to push into our midfield, what role would he be likely to play?

Mora has spent most of the last year in HBF, though, so maybe they are planning on grooming him in the backline.

Finally! I've been saying this for ages.

I agree, Hunt is not only a great stopper but also got involved when Geelong had the ball.

Last time anyone saw Hunt play was in round 9 when he tried to tag Stephen Hill, only to be comprehensively chopped up. Was subbed out and played out the year in the two's. Poor skills to boot. Pass.

I hope Mora becomes our Malceski. Distributing out of the backline. Looks after his knee too as he can run in straight lines. Adds depth where we sorely need it.

Watering down of the tagging role - can't see it happening under Ross. I don't see tagging as the lowest hanging fruit. Given we're unlikely to bring in experienced KP's, that's what I see as our most pressing of needs in development.

Stepping up - hopefully Morra and many others do as well down at Peel. The success of the Box Hill Hawks is another string in the bow for them.

I saw the first three games Mora played for Peel this year (two live and one on TV). In those games he played predominately at half back and he looked fantastic. I think it would simplify the game for him if RTB told him to focus on lock down his man, and the sprint when we had possession of the ball. IMO we need another super quick defender too. I agree with the above post that playing Mora off half back is a really good idea.

Saw Mora down at Curtin gym this morning. Just taking it easy, some moderate work on his legs and back.
Not looking as big up top as he has in the passt - slimmed down a bit. Presumably to reduce the load on his knee, and a sign he's being looked at as more of an outside runner than a forward or a big-bodied ball extractor?

How anyone seen how Morabito is pace wise, or agility wise?

Can he move like the athlete is should be , or is he restricted still?

I'd be nice to have him play on the wing, a D. Pearce replacement that is taller & stronger. Mora + Hill sounds allot more imposing than jittery, error prone D. Pearce + Hill.

Saw Mora down at Curtin gym this morning. Just taking it easy, some moderate work on his legs and back.
Not looking as big up top as he has in the passt - slimmed down a bit. Presumably to reduce the load on his knee, and a sign he's being looked at as more of an outside runner than a forward or a big-bodied ball extractor?

I remember Ross saying Mora see's himself as a winger. They left him in the WAFL for a while given his preferred position requires him to run a lot. He could of played positions where less running is required but it's not where they see him long term. I think he'll play that big bodied outside runner if he can stay fit.

I don't think the extra weight suited him anyway, in the games he played it was like seeing a freight train move, very one-paced and rigid movement wise. It could be the injuries showing though pushing 100kg doesn't help your athleticism.

How anyone seen how Morabito is pace wise, or agility wise?

Can he move like the athlete is should be , or is he restricted still?

I'd be nice to have him play on the wing, a D. Pearce replacement that is taller & stronger. Mora + Hill sounds allot more imposing than jittery, error prone D. Pearce + Hill.
His run and carry looked good for Peel. Seems quite explosive from what I have seen. Also sneaks forward and makes himself a target forward sometimes. He will be a huge bonus if he can get himself right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still keeping my expectations of Mora pretty low. Not so much to avoid dispointment if it doesn't turn out, it's more that I legitimately feel that he's still got a fair way to go.

FWIW, if he can have a similar season to the one Crozier has just had, i.e. tentative games here and there, but strong finish where he genuinely contributes to us some way, I'd say that's a massive win.

Would have to agree in as much as I also believe he has got a long way to go (unfortunately) The knee injury at the end of the season is a real worry IMO.

I hope to be proven wrong but he could be one of those players who just never gets to have a meaningful career in spite of having the talent and will to do the hard work. Feel sorry for the guy.

So where is Mora at guys?

He has not even got on the park during the pre-season. Supposedly with "knee soreness"

I want the poor kid to get back to his best more than anyone but I am very pessimistic. Would not surprise me at all if he retired sometime during the season which would be sad state of affairs.

He has not even got on the park during the pre-season. Supposedly with "knee soreness"

I want the poor kid to get back to his best more than anyone but I am very pessimistic. Would not surprise me at all if he retired sometime during the season which would be sad state of affairs.

Sadly, I don't see him ever playing a full season. The only way forward is if the club wants to use him for 14 or less games a year, which I doubt they're willing as end of day it costs $$.

Sadly, I don't see him ever playing a full season. The only way forward is if the club wants to use him for 14 or less games a year, which I doubt they're willing as end of day it costs $$.
You're a real negative Nancy, aren't you?

Surely if we can get 10+ games out of him for peel and maybe 2-6 for freo that will be enough for us to re-sign him again

Fingers crossed. Dude is a monster

He's back in the gym and hitting the track after his knee was cleared out. Griff had the same op where the aftermath of an op needed to be tidied up.

Expect what you want. I for one know that Mora is gonna take this club to another level

You're a real negative Nancy, aren't you?

How is it negative? Given what has occurred so far in his career, its a fair statement.

The poor guy's body just can't take AFL football and with Ross as coach its hard to see his body lasting a whole season. I

How is it negative? Given what has occurred so far in his career, its a fair statement.

The poor guy's body just can't take AFL football and with Ross as coach its hard to see his body lasting a whole season. I
It was more that your first 3 posts were all focused on the negative. You didn't even say hello.

Low expectations of a long term injured player is probably just being realistic. I cant see mora being on the list next year frankly.
Mora has shown more in his limited time than many on a lot of lists. Let's not forget how much struggle this guy has gone thru. He has worked himself back into 1st grade last year and needed his knee cleaned out which is not uncommon.

He is closer than ever than reaching the target he's never lost sight of. In many ways Mora's story is a Dockers story. Back the beast in guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back