Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Ross change regarding replace off form season player eg suban with young bloke blakely. Hope t
2016 season I will change from doubter to believer he change.
I can barely make sense of that but at the end of the season Ross was banging on about how he also has to change as a coach, which we've heard him say before, so hopefully it's not just his way of deflecting attention from himself. He hangs out with enough new agers in Roos and and Kirk to know that self transformation is absolutely necessary if the same mistakes are being made. Hopefully it's not all just hot air.

did you see something that lead you that?
I rate the football IQ of our club.
Lyon heads it up.
The amount of positional and strategic experimentation that occurred throughout the season looked list assessing mode to me.
I think they were assuring themselves the bottom 20% were exactly that and had no undetected potential.Additionally they have fat confidence in the incoming bunch.
There's obviously something brewing as far as FA,draft picks or trades given what we've done in the last days.
We do not leak and we do do due diligence:D:D

I rate the football IQ of our club.
Lyon heads it up.
The amount of positional and strategic experimentation that occurred throughout the season looked list assessing mode to me.
I think they were assuring themselves the bottom 20% were exactly that and had no undetected potential.Additionally they have fat confidence in the incoming bunch.
There's obviously something brewing as far as FA,draft picks or trades given what we've done in the last days.
We do not leak and we do do due diligence:D:D
Fair enough. We do seem be cooking something up. One guy who went up in my estimation is de boer, though. He was probably one of the more consistent players in the last couple of months and I thought had a great game against the Hawks in the final.

Giving yourself an uppercut for this sort of appalling nonsense is insufficient so give Dale Kickett a ring;I'm sure there's plenty who's oblige(me included).

Cool story - so you'd rather he be de-listed now and forever hold your peace?

Are you happy to say "Gee that Mora kid, unlucky bout his knees, could have been anything." for the rest of your Freo-following days?

I think he should be given a spot on the main list. If he completes a full preseason and is fit he would be an instant upgrade on Suban, De Boer, Mzungu and Clancee.

I doubt he will build up the fitness to match the running machines, Ross didn't play Luke Ball because he couldn't cover much ground, Mora is really a long term prospect. Unless he changes to a forward position.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/29772644/

Fremantle are preparing to keep the faith with Anthony Mora-bito, with the club leaning towards retaining the luckless midfielder on a rookie contract for 2016......
Would be incredible if he could get back to senior footy........be a dream to inject him, Bennell & McCarthy into the side, then the 3 young mids in Langdon, Weller & Blakely, great upgrade on our bottom six. Blue sky scenario but could happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt he will build up the fitness to match the running machines, Ross didn't play Luke Ball because he couldn't cover much ground, Mora is really a long term prospect. Unless he changes to a forward position.

You're probably right. But if he can get a full preseason in he should definitely be getting some games.

In 2015 Suban, De Boer, Clancee and Mzungu played 72 games collectively. IMO in 2016 none of those guys should be playing. Those games should be shared among our up and comers. We could give Blakely, Langdon, Weller, Grey, Mora 10 - 15 games each.

I think he should be given a spot on the main list. If he completes a full preseason and is fit he would be an instant upgrade on Suban, De Boer, Mzungu and Clancee.
I guess an upgrade mid- season, as I think is allowed by the afl, might be the perfect scenario for Mora. If his knee and body hold up he will have spent a 1/2 season in the wafl and should be in good footy touch and at a high level of fitness.

You're probably right. But if he can get a full preseason in he should definitely be getting some games.

In 2015 Suban, De Boer, Clancee and Mzungu played 72 games collectively. IMO in 2016 none of those guys should be playing. Those games should be shared among our up and comers. We could give Blakely, Langdon, Weller, Grey, Mora 10 - 15 games each.

*likes*

Can only dream of a scenario like this, but can still see Suban in the team :/

I'd hope so because like I said a lot of players and even if they gave identified talent who may go late in the Draft there is a good chance so have other clubs.

Freo won't join the Draft until late 3rd round. I font expect many decent players being picked up this national draft.

May have been a good opportunity to upgrade Ballard.

I tend to agree.

Unless we've got something specific lined up, given how many we've moved on, I find it surprising that Ballard wouldn't be given a short contract, or Moller the same. They're both young and Ballard such a ball winner and big body. I defer to the club which has much more info to go on that we wouldn't know, but I can't see how that 2nd rnd pick in the PSD, or even lower (which we may well need to use) is going to end up being better that Ballard.

With that in mind, I reckon we should just offer Mora a main list spot, try to get him a game this year some time without having to mess with rookie upgrades. Surely it's got to the stage where he either makes it in the next 12 months or it's all over.

If we are going to delist and then rookie him it does give every other club the chance to pick him up and 13 others the chance even with a pick ahead of us in the rookie draft. Would another club stoop that low to trump us just when he might finally get a 2nd crack?

If we are going to delist and then rookie him it does give every other club the chance to pick him up and 13 others the chance even with a pick ahead of us in the rookie draft. Would another club stoop that low to trump us just when he might finally get a 2nd crack?

He's had more cracks than a plumber's convention.

That's because of the player he can still become. Give him another year.

I wonder if the AFL would allow Morabito to be moved to the rookie list for our last rookie pick due to te circumstances. This means no club would be able to pick him up

For a few reasons it's unlikely. For starters previously listed players moving to the rookie list can now set their contract pre-draft which would help deter any poachers. Unless Mora himself wants to go somewhere else, it's not likely to happen - technically possible, but not likely.

As I said above, reckon they should just keep him on the main list anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back