Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is this is his last chance. If he was to do another knee........ we all know the result. What's ten weeks when it may lead to another 5-7 years of football. I know what I would prefer.

IIRC many thought he would be back for round one. He needs to prove his durability but just as important he needs to find form. This is a very difficult team to break into.

Not that I have experienced it but the AFL appears to be a totally different beast to the WAFL. There are no part time footballers playing AFL.

The thing is this is his last chance. If he was to do another knee........ we all know the result. What's ten weeks when it may lead to another 5-7 years of football. I know what I would prefer.

IIRC many thought he would be back for round one. He needs to prove his durability but just as important he needs to find form. This is a very difficult team to break into.

Not that I have experienced it but the AFL appears to be a totally different beast to the WAFL. There are no part time footballers playing AFL.

I think it's about form more than fitness. Mora has been back on the training track since about June last year and is peak physical condition. I think the 8 weeks is more to get him used to playing footy again rather than to test his knee. It's not like he's any less likely to do his knee in the WAFL anyway.

I think it's about form more than fitness. Mora has been back on the training track since about June last year and is peak physical condition. I think the 8 weeks is more to get him used to playing footy again rather than to test his knee. It's not like he's any less likely to do his knee in the WAFL anyway.

I agree with the finding form and I did mention that. The intensity, size of opposition, physicality and speed of the AFL is 3 times that of WAFL. This will test the body and in case Mora knee, alone.

I agree with the finding form and I did mention that. The intensity, size of opposition, physicality and speed of the AFL is 3 times that of WAFL. This will test the body and in case Mora knee, alone.
Morro would have player high 70% of the game on the ground and didn't cone from the ground at all in the last quarter.
Fitness isn't the issue its getting his hands on the ball and giving good contest "Physically" .

Is that 3 exactly 3, or has it been rounded?

I've just calculated it's been sad, long 1236 days since Morabito played his last AFL game. :(

The semi final against Geelong in 2010 was that long ago...

Hope he can squeeze his way into the side before the BYE. :thumbsu:

wow, I didn't realise it has been that long.

I have a dockers memberships for our office and get to quite a few games. He was my favourite player and felt he was going to be as good if not better than Judd and Goodes. I look forward to his return.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anzac day game.The emotion we all feel for our lost diggers followed by Mora's return. Mora's return is not in the same league as the sacrifices our servicemen and women made and you wouldnt want to take anything away from their day but with the Anzac ceremony followed by Mora running onto the ground how could there be a dry eye in the house.

I've just calculated it's been sad, long 1236 days since Morabito played his last AFL game. :(

The semi final against Geelong in 2010 was that long ago...

Hope he can squeeze his way into the side before the BYE. :thumbsu:

After watching Mora play last weekend I am convinced that he will come back a significantly better player than the one who played in 2010. In the game I saw the two things that impressed me about Mora was: his huge improvement in endurance (he played 90% of the match on the ground) and the fact that he showed fantastic pace breaking away from congestion.

In the last quarter of the game Mora the was moved into the middle,(after playing 2 and 3/4 games playing off half back) while also spending about five minutes of that quarter resting forward. Im tipping the coaching staff will want him to gain confidence playing onball/forward for another three games and then play him after the bye. It is very hard to not be optimistic about Mora's ability to play at a high level after watching him play last weekend. He regularly took on tacklers and his lateral movement was outstanding. The have been so super conservative this time with Mora's knee I think his chances of a successful return are excellent.

When everyone is fit and in form im tipping Fyfe, Mora, Mundy and Barlow will each spend 25% of gametime up forward and the rest of the time onball, which should provide a huge advantage for us.

Last edited:
I've said a coupla times on here that I think we'll see a better player comeback than the one we lost sherrif and the longer the rehab goes on the more complete the improvements become.Shaping as a fantastic story and I agree with salim if the planet line up ANZAC Day would be great;if not we just wait a little longer.

i keep dropping into this thread, looking forward to Mora coming back soon post the bye in the green vest. based on the reports I've read is being played in the back half as a big rebounding defender similar to Johnson and potentially in time replace him.
I personally don't see Mora as the Johnson type. I reckon he will soon add to our "monster" midfield & be breaking lines as a "beast" :thumbsu:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-23/inefficiency-irks-lyon-

RTB - Morabito was playing half back getting the easier ball, then asked to move to the midfield and has found this more demanding (fitness wise). He still needs to build his fitness.

So basically, he is still 3-4 more weeks away, probably not until after the bye.

Anzac day game.The emotion we all feel for our lost diggers followed by Mora's return. Mora's return is not in the same league as the sacrifices our servicemen and women made and you wouldnt want to take anything away from their day but with the Anzac ceremony followed by Mora running onto the ground how could there be a dry eye in the house.

I would like to see Mora come out on the back of Simpson's donkey, then get up and run through the banner on Anzac Day.

It would be the greatest come back since Lazarus and done in the true tradition of Anzac Day.

I would like to see Mora come out on the back of Simpson's donkey, then get up and run through the banner on Anzac Day.

It would be the greatest come back since Lazarus and done in the true tradition of Anzac Day.
Josh Simpson has a donkey?

I'll see myself out...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-23/inefficiency-irks-lyon-

RTB - Morabito was playing half back getting the easier ball, then asked to move to the midfield and has found this more demanding (fitness wise). He still needs to build his fitness.

So basically, he is still 3-4 more weeks away, probably not until after the bye.

Agreed - Anthony is building, but not quite ready yet.

What really pleases me though is Anthony now playing as an inside mid as opposed to in the back-line. Morra would not be put into the midfield if both he and his trainers thought his body wasn't up to it. While he is still not ready to return, the fact he's playing in the most physically taxing part of the ground, in the game's most physically demanding role speaks volumes on the momentum of his comeback.

If Morra was still in the backline. I would say his return is still some way off - but if he's performing well in the midfield, then it's a matter of weeks - not months.

:D:D:D ...CAN'T... ...F*****G... ...WAIT!!!! :D:D:D

PS:

Josh, Sylvia, Suban and the rest of team take note: if ever you think you've done enough to earn or keep a spot in the side, reflect for a moment on how much work Morra has done to earn his chance for selection, then take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror...

...If you had fought half as hard on the field as Morra has fought off of it, there would be a flag or two in the club's reception and a shiny medallion or two on your shelf.

Last edited:
Put him as sub and then play him as an outside mid in the mold of Sheridan.

Fresh running legs to sprint with the ball and kick for goal; Sandi will get flashbacks of the 2010 EF and charge down an unsuspecting Boomer Harvey; who whilst lying sprawled on the floor will be pinched by EVERY SINGLE Fremantle player on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back