Celebrating HBF's 100k post. He is an ornament to big footy. The Casual Chat Thread

Which Pokemon Go team should you join?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was the genius that landed you a flag in 2010

The lynch mob mentality is strong!
I didn't want him lynched at all. I wanted him held accountable for his ineptitude that lead to Hawkins tearing us a new one while Reid was on one leg. While our season of greatness slid down the drain into nothingness. But hey, at least he did it his way, right. That's what matters. His boys, his way despite the calls from all in sundry to make a change.

Petulant and childish when things go against him, frosty and abrasive when he feels challenged. Not someone who endears himself to the public and his actions didn't help his cause.

I am not glowing in my praise of Mick. He was a prick whose stubbornness cost us a flag in 2011. I wouldnt call him anything worse than that though.

That's a pretty good call there Morgs. He's about as stubborn as they come. Little wonder the younger players didn't get on with him. Can really tell the players love playing for Barker though.

That's a pretty good call there Morgs. He's about as stubborn as they come. Little wonder the younger players didn't get on with him. Can really tell the players love playing for Barker though.
If you weren't one of micks boys you were ****ed. There was no getting ahead if you weren't one of his favourites. Boys club mentality right to the end.

I'm kinda curious to see how Daisy goes next year without Mick at his side.
He's on huge bucks and he really needs to start earning his keep.
Hehehehehehehehe

How will he go without fake dad?

Poor Daisy :D:p

It's arguable whether he was worth 700k a year when he was at his best. No idea what the Blues were thinking giving him a contract that size
The only thing in his favour is that he's been injured and hasn't had a chance to show us what he can really do. Fingers crossed he can show something next year. Hopefully he (and Jones) will be our last mistakes.

The only thing in his favour is that he's been injured and hasn't had a chance to show us what he can really do. Fingers crossed he can show something next year. Hopefully he (and Jones) will be our last mistakes.

I didn't like the way he left but I hope he can recapture some of his old form(except for when he lines up against us of course).

I didn't like the way he left but I hope he can recapture some of his old form(except for when he lines up against us of course).
He did show glimpses so i do live in hope. He's essentially had this year off so i'm hoping he can come out firing in 2016. His body has had a very big break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive pointed this out before. When mick left west coast it was messy and as Ken judge found there were social problems that plagued team. When mick left Collingwood it was messy and bucks got social problems that plagued the team. He has now left Carlton in a messy way

Ive pointed this out before. When mick left west coast it was messy and as Ken judge found there were social problems that plagued team. When mick left Collingwood it was messy and bucks got social problems that plagued the team. He has now left Carlton in a messy way

What social problems are at Carlton now ? Mick got rid of the dickheads with attitude problems (Potential, Mitch Rubbishbin) and a player whom clearly needed a fresh start to get his life back on track (Garlett)

All this Malthouse hate is just gunk (not having a go at you personally Royals)
He's an old school coach with old fashioned values, most of the players sooking under Malthouse (like Medhurst and Laidler) would have crapped their dax playing under a coach like Parkin or Barassi.

Malthouse has left Carlton's list in good nick, we had peaked at around 2011, and had no further upside to get further on the finals (the drafting and trading in the Ratten was frankly putrid)

Much happier having Dre and Docherty at the club than plonkers like Waite and Robinson, and i think Malthouse played a big part in Cripps amazing development.

But of course the Mick haters tend to ignore the good/positive stuff he's done, there is a reason why he's the game's all time leading record games coaching holder.

What social problems are at Carlton now ? Mick got rid of the dickheads with attitude problems (Potential, Mitch Rubbishbin) and a player whom clearly needed a fresh start to get his life back on track (Garlett)

All this Malthouse hate is just gunk (not having a go at you personally Royals)
He's an old school coach with old fashioned values, most of the players sooking under Malthouse (like Medhurst and Laidler) would have crapped their dax playing under a coach like Parkin or Barassi.

Malthouse has left Carlton's list in good nick, we had peaked at around 2011, and had no further upside to get further on the finals (the drafting and trading in the Ratten was frankly putrid)

Much happier having Dre and Docherty at the club than plonkers like Waite and Robinson, and i think Malthouse played a big part in Cripps amazing development.

But of course the Mick haters tend to ignore the good/positive stuff he's done, there is a reason why he's the game's all time leading record games coaching holder.
Hang on. We can't insult Mick but you can call Mitch "Rubbish Bin"?

Times have changed. Coaches either adapt or they don't have a job.

Hang on. We can't insult Mick but you can call Mitch "Rubbish Bin"?

Times have changed. Coaches either adapt or they don't have a job.

Fair enough, probably unfair on Robbo, but am pretty sure I'm right they culturally, Mick left the club in good shape (not sure if Ratts would have been able to sack Bootsma on the spot like Mick did)

The thing that Royals posted, you'd think our club was like The Gold Coast Suns, and nothing could be further from the truth, and I certainly think it was grossly unfair for Royals to insinuate all the drug issues at West Coast in the past decade was Mick's fault (although suspect he was probably being flippant)

Mick's biggest failing was perhaps his stubborness and conservative approach to playing kids. But I did think his approach to list management (bar signing Jones and Tutt) was spot on, and something the club had to do, otherwise we would be heading to a St Kilda style plummet to the bottom of the ladder.

Obviously we need at least another 2-3 good national draft hauls before we have a list capable of finals, but happy the club seems to have finally embraced rebuilding after a these years, and I think Mick has played a major part on our change of recruiting philosophy, so I'm grateful to him because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back