Morris into leadership group - Announced at AGM

Remove this Banner Ad

2 of the most overrated words in football/Life.
Leadership Group.

Possibly t_o_o, But you certainly notice the difference when there is good leadership and it's opposite...

Possibly t_o_o, But you certainly notice the difference when there is good leadership and it's opposite...
When it comes to sport inparticular TJ,I think the leadership should always come from the coach(s),The players have a big enough burden to perform at their best for the side to win and also to keep their Job without worrying about if they are doing things within the structure.if they are doing it wrong out on the field then its upto the coach to act.Thats what pre-seasons and training is for.let the players worry about one thing.Winning.

When it comes to sport inparticular TJ,I think the leadership should always come from the coach(s),The players have a big enough burden to perform at their best for the side to win and also to keep their Job without worrying about if they are doing things within the structure.if they are doing it wrong out on the field then its upto the coach to act.Thats what pre-seasons and training is for.let the players worry about one thing.Winning.

Agree t_o_o , but it seems to me that part of that direction/leadership from the coaches is to promote the players confidence in responding quickly to what's going on on the ground. Things seem to move so quickly onfield that by the time coaches send runners out to convey information teams may have kicked a number of goals. Also at the coal face I think intelligent players can see trends appearing possibly quicker than coaches. You often will see players talking to assistants when they come off the ground. I don't think this is only coaches giving instructions. IMHO It's players giving information to coaches & coaches acting on it or at least considering it in decision making. I've often heard that the coaches box can be phrenetic with the senior coach discussing & receiving info from stats people, assistants etc. I think promoting the players involvement is a good thing though. But the traditionalist in me agrees with your sentiment...

Agree t_o_o , but it seems to me that part of that direction/leadership from the coaches is to promote the players confidence in responding quickly to what's going on on the ground. Things seem to move so quickly onfield that by the time coaches send runners out to convey information teams may have kicked a number of goals. Also at the coal face I think intelligent players can see trends appearing possibly quicker than coaches. You often will see players talking to assistants when they come off the ground. I don't think this is only coaches giving instructions. IMHO It's players giving information to coaches & coaches acting on it or at least considering it in decision making. I've often heard that the coaches box can be phrenetic with the senior coach discussing & receiving info from stats people, assistants etc. I think promoting the players involvement is a good thing though. But the traditionalist in me agrees with your sentiment...
Good Post TJ,Your right its the way it is these days,But stuborn ol me think its over analysising.lol.

Good Post TJ,Your right its the way it is these days,But stuborn ol me think its over analysising.lol.

Cheers t_o_o , always like reading your posts. They read like you think about things. That's why I like reading them.

Cheers t_o_o , always like reading your posts. They read like you think about things. That's why I like reading them.
Thanks for that TJ,But like you and all of us on here i just love the Tigers,Its in my(our)Blood,We have been crap for 3 decades yet we still have a fantastic supporter base because of supporters like yourself and the rest of the BF gang.Long Live the Tigers.:thumbsu:

Thanks for that TJ,But like you and all of us on here i just love the Tigers,Its in my(our)Blood,We have been crap for 3 decades yet we still have a fantastic supporter base because of supporters like yourself and the rest of the BF gang.Long Live the Tigers.:thumbsu:

Absolutely ,May it be so ...:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

It is important to have good leadership no doubt about it.
On the football playing side of things Morris is definitely a limited player in some facets of the game.
He knows that,everyone knows that.
But to take last seasons form as the template for his overall output is silly.
He was obviously under duress.
A footy cub will never be made up of 40 Trent Cotchins and Brett Deledios though.

Leadership is based on more than football ability.
His personality seems top shelf and obviously sets a good example to the younger players.
He had to fight to get into AFL.
Well done to him if true.
obviously the club thinks so as this bloke has zero football ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have never doubted his courage. Just think that he is virtually the first of a number of players, as put by another poster, that needs to be upgrade d and pushed out if we are to advance as a contender. Morris panicky under pressure and is a poor decision maker.

i have never doubted his courage. Just think that he is virtually the first of a number of players, as put by another poster, that needs to be upgrade d and pushed out if we are to advance as a contender. Morris panicky under pressure and is a poor decision maker.
While I agree to a certain extent, to call it zero ability is ridiculous, but it was most likely just a play on words.

Not sold on Morris being a good candidate for the leadership group, should keep him concentrating on and improving his game imo.
I know average players can still make good leaders, but I dont see Morris being this type.

Im hoping Jack gets back into it this season, removed his tantrums altogether this year, studies the game hard and is smarter than alot of people give him credit for.

Morris is not leadership! Morris must always be concentrating on his own game rather than being a leadership puppet. Morris.

Morris is not leadership! Morris must always be concentrating on his own game rather than being a leadership puppet. Morris.

Morris has already been marshaling the troops in the back half .... this just makes what people who watch him play already official.

I;m sure the club will release something soon.

Morris has already been marshaling the troops in the back half .... this just makes what people who watch him play already official.

I;m sure the club will release something soon.
Yes! Let's hope it's Morris from the list at the end of 2015. Why can't people see this guy is a dud? Other than his courage, can someone enlighten me regarding what his football qualities / credentials are? I think he's not super quick, not slow, a poor judge of a ball in flight. Gives away too many stupid frees, can't hit targets and is a very poor decision maker.

Last edited:
Yes! Let's hope it's Morris from the list at the end of 2015. Why can't people see this guy is a dud? Other than his courage, can someone enlighten me regarding what his football qualities / credentials are? I think he's not super quick, not slow, a poor judge of a ball in flight. Gives away too many stupid frees, can't hit targets and is a very poor decision maker.

Yes, but apart from that he's a jet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back