Most consecutive games scoring a goal including debut?

Remove this Banner Ad

MUYB

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone know where I can get a list of this record?

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/misc_goals.html#11

Based off this the holder is Jacko, kicking a goal in each of the first 79 games in his career, but there's a big gap between the 14th longest streak and the longest streaks of current players. Hogan is currently on a goal in each of his first 16 games, and I'm wondering who else would be up there.

Overall
79 Mark Jackson
64 John Coleman
60 George Moloney
42 Peter Hudson
36 Tom Reynolds
35 Greg Kennedy
31 Tom Carroll
29 Jack Moriarty
29 George Margitich
28 Jason Heatley
25 John Anthony
25 Jack Shelton

Currently alive
16 Jesse Hogan
07 Darren Minchington
01 Tom Lamb
01 James Sicily

16 Jesse Hogan
7 Darren Minchington
3 Sam Grimley
2 Spencer White
1 Tom Lamb, Luke Lowden, Sam Schulz, James Sicily

In all club football from when he made his debut, Peter Hudson went 117 games before going goalless. He played 75 games for New Norfolk (with 368 goals) before coming to Hawthorn, where he played 42 games (for 224 goals) before being held goalless by Barry Richardson versus Richmond in round 7, 1969.

Ken Farmer (SANFL) only failed to score a goal in 1 game in his career. (224 games) - Was carried off injured 10 minutes into the game.
I don't know when it was though.
I was reading his history page on the north Adelaide website.
It is brought up at the end of the 1931 writeup but there's a gap with nothing said about 32-34.

But it could be anywhere in his career (1929-41)

Ken Farmer went goalless in round 11, 1932 versus West Adelaide. This was in his 65th SANFL game, thus he scored a goal in 159 consecutive games until he retired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

East Fremantle legend George Doig kicked a goal in his first 110 WAFL matches before going goalless against Swan Districts in round 4, 1938. This was the only time he went goalless: he kicked 4 behinds that day.

Any players that kicked a goal in every match they played? (Say more than 10 or 20 games)

Austin Robertson jnr holds the record with 18 games for South Melbourne in 1966. Greg Packham (St.Kilda 1982-83) with 17 is the only other player above 8.

Both were relatively mature players at the time, making their VFL debuts just before and just after their 23rd birthdays, respectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back