Opinion Most Improved for Season 2012/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it not be better to develop Watson as our FB and leave Henderson as our CHB! IMO, we have significant options already for our CHF / FF combo without adding Henderson to that mix (even though he would fit in there easily, imo I would prefer a settled back line, which he offers).

Something like this:
B: Jamison, Watson, Laidler
HB: Duigan, Henderson, Yarran

I don't know and I still have reservations on a couple of those guys finding their best positions as you have outlined.

The starting back 6 will be pretty much be the statement of which way MM wants to go.
Of course there may well be enforced changes but he'll give that opening 6 the best opportunity to gel together. A luxury we haven't had in the past few years.

This year: McLean. By a fair way. Not many players would possess the determination Brock has had to have to work his way back.

Next year: Has to be Gibbs. Has clearly coasted along on glimpses of talent and a cushy relationship with his coach. Is now well down the pecking order come selection time. Malthouse will drop him when Ratts wouldn't.

The list of first 22 players I expect to improve on 2012 output:

1. Laidler: Just to have him back is a huge boost to our back-line.
2. Garlett: We didn't see our Jeffy this year at all. Seems to be a direct correlation with his off-field happiness to on-field performance.
3. Henderson: Basically injured for the whole of this year, even when playing.
4. Waite: As above. :(
5. Jamison: As above. :(:(
6. Kreuzer: As above. :(:(:(
7. Walker: Started off injured and then was used in various positions. Much better player than what we saw in 2012
8. Gibbs: Just because he is a far superior player and will be used in the midfield. MM promised...
9. Yarran: Didn't have the same zip after the toe job. The extra year will serve him well and he should be primed to go.
10. Lucas: Because he just can't have the same shocker he had in '12

There are 10 players right there that you would comfortably bank on being better next year alone.

Should see improvement from:

1. Warnock: Again, largely injured this year and is well in the plans of 2013 for MM
2. White: As above. :(
3. Rowe: As above :(:(
4. Casboult: As above :(:(:(....although he did show good form when coming back from injury.
5. Mitchell: Just having him out on the park will be an improvement.
6. Watson: Could be being primed for a big one. Will be interesting.
7. O'Keeffe: Another one that was injured for a chunk of the year. Reports are that he is over injury and training at the head of the pack.
8. Hampson: Started off very well this year, slowed a bit and then got injured. Plenty of scope for growth in this big man.
9. McInnes: Well and truly on the right path until getting injured. Lots of up-side.
10. Duigan: Started off injured and never quite got back to 2011 form.
11. Tuohy: Could be anything but will need to make opening 22.
12. McCarthy: Expecting big things from this kid. May still be just a little early for him next year but again: Opportunity is king.
13: Bootsma: Oh, Bootsma.

Would be happy for status quo from the following:

Judd, Murphy, Simpson, Robinson, McLean, Collins, Betts, Armfield, Bell, Scotland, Curnow, Dale & Carrazzo.

Not sure where Ellard, Joseph, Cachia, Buckley and Davies may end up, but if it is in the VFL then a bit of out of sight, out of mind comes into being.

Whichever way and not wishing to put too much of a positive slant on it, you'd have to say it looks promising.

The list of first 22 players I expect to improve on 2012 output:

1. Laidler: Just to have him back is a huge boost to our back-line.
2. Garlett: We didn't see our Jeffy this year at all. Seems to be a direct correlation with his off-field happiness to on-field performance.
3. Henderson: Basically injured for the whole of this year, even when playing.
4. Waite: As above. :(
5. Jamison: As above. :(:(
6. Kreuzer: As above. :(:(:(
7. Walker: Started off injured and then was used in various positions. Much better player than what we saw in 2012
8. Gibbs: Just because he is a far superior player and will be used in the midfield. MM promised...
9. Yarran: Didn't have the same zip after the toe job. The extra year will serve him well and he should be primed to go.
10. Lucas: Because he just can't have the same shocker he had in '12

There are 10 players right there that you would comfortably bank on being better next year alone.

Should see improvement from:

1. Warnock: Again, largely injured this year and is well in the plans of 2013 for MM
2. White: As above. :(
3. Rowe: As above :(:(
4. Casboult: As above :(:(:(....although he did show good form when coming back from injury.
5. Mitchell: Just having him out on the park will be an improvement.
6. Watson: Could be being primed for a big one. Will be interesting.
7. O'Keeffe: Another one that was injured for a chunk of the year. Reports are that he is over injury and training at the head of the pack.
8. Hampson: Started off very well this year, slowed a bit and then got injured. Plenty of scope for growth in this big man.
9. McInnes: Well and truly on the right path until getting injured. Lots of up-side.
10. Duigan: Started off injured and never quite got back to 2011 form.
11. Tuohy: Could be anything but will need to make opening 22.
12. McCarthy: Expecting big things from this kid. May still be just a little early for him next year but again: Opportunity is king.
13: Bootsma: Oh, Bootsma.

Would be happy for status quo from the following:

Judd, Murphy, Simpson, Robinson, McLean, Collins, Betts, Armfield, Bell, Scotland, Curnow, Dale & Carrazzo.

Not sure where Ellard, Joseph, Cachia, Buckley and Davies may end up, but if it is in the VFL then a bit of out of sight, out of mind comes into being.

Whichever way and not wishing to put too much of a positive slant on it, you'd have to say it looks promising.
Good post, positive post.

Here's hoping for fewer injuries, more consistency/output from players like Gibbs and Garlett, and for some of our younger guys like Watson, Casboult, Tuohy, Bell and Lucas to take the next step and have breakout years.

Good post, positive post.

Here's hoping for fewer injuries, more consistency/output from players like Gibbs and Garlett, and for some of our younger guys like Watson, Casboult, Tuohy, Bell and Lucas to take the next step and have breakout years.

Didn't set out so much to be positive as to be realistic, GB.

I can't see there be too many doubts on the first 10 listed and maybe only a few doubts on the next 13.
I even doubt we'd lose too much from the listing of players we expect to at least remain on a par form.

There will be some disappointments I guess and there will also be some that just won't be able to push their way into the first 22, but there definitely seems to be a lot more upside to our squad than any perceivable down-side.

An injury free and confident Mitchell will be the big improver and have the most influence on our fortunes this season.

Will only happen if we can get the weight of expectations off his dodgy shoulders though. Seems to be cramping his style.*

*I think I may have just contributed to the problem. o_O

An injury free and confident Mitchell will be the big improver and have the most influence on our fortunes this season.

Will only happen if we can get the weight of expectations off his dodgy shoulders though. Seems to be cramping his style.*

*I think I may have just contributed to the problem. o_O

I was speaking to someone who knows him and she was saying that after he was given his first game he stepped up his training a notch - I guess the challenge pushed him that bit further.

Shaun Griggs had a great year dominated on the wing kicked goalsk what a jet

Grigg has managed to hit more Carlton players on the tit in the games he has played against us as a Richmond player, than he did in his entire career in Navy Blue.

Decent player, but you won't be a threat for as long as he's one of your better players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction is that TL15 will be the most improved this year.

Solid pre season so far with plenty of extra sessions on Fango and Twitter. Really worked on my keyboard strength and my stamina to get to multiple threads. I hope to spend more time on the main board this year due to my excellent pre season and improved fitness. The only real question is who will I push out of the best 22. Spent two weeks in Arizona at high altitude web based internet camp which has improved my typing speed from 20 words per minute to 30 words per minute.

Only RSI can prevent me from having a break out season in 2013!!

Solid pre season so far with plenty of extra sessions on Fango and Twitter. Really worked on my keyboard strength and my stamina to get to multiple threads. I hope to spend more time on the main board this year due to my excellent pre season and improved fitness. The only real question is who will I push out of the best 22. Spent two weeks in Arizona at high altitude web based internet camp which has improved my typing speed from 20 words per minute to 30 words per minute.

Not until your avatar looks like it was created by a machine not pre-dating the introduction of the IBM 286.

You absolute mental case. Quality start to the pre-season idiocy. :thumbsu::D

Absolute GOLD TL !!!!!!!

smiley-laughing024.gif

Not until your avatar looks like it was created by a machine not pre-dating the introduction of the IBM 286.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sitting back relaxing in your glasshouse, in hindsight you may be best not to throw stones. :D

Will definitely be my next purchase. I feel the need for speed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back