Most Improved Player for 2014

Who is the most improved player in the AFL in 2014?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

* off with your Grays and Parkers and Lewises. They've gone from top 100 to top 25 players or whatever. Levi Greenwood has gone from being a VFL regular to a bonifide gun goal-kicking mid playing in a prelim next week. He'd been told he had too many deficiencies to hold a spot in North's midfield so he worked on his disposal, outside game and defensive game and after tearing up the Doggies in round 2 became undroppable.

has to be Levi. Gone from playing VFL for 2 seasons straight to most likely finishing top 3 in our best and fairest this season. Remarkable improvement

Matt White has barely improved at all this year. His numbers only appear better because he was used as the sub for the first half of 2013. His form over the back end of the 2013 season was as good as this years.

Gray and Polec are well ahead of him.
Bitter much that your team let a player go that goes better at another team

Bitter much that your team let a player go that goes better at another team

No. He's performed at the same level as last year and I don't think his form before or after the move would justify a salary in excess of $300,000 a year.

Everything i said is factually correct. He's the same player he was last year.

No. He's performed at the same level as last year and I don't think his form before or after the move would justify a salary in excess of $300,000 a year.

Has been a game changer this year with port, if he was that at Tigerland they would not have let him go.

Has been a game changer this year with port, if he was that at Tigerland they would not have let him go.

He was a gun over the back end of 2013. He got plenty of the ball, kicked goals, provided a lot of dash and his foot skills were much better than previous seasons. He carried that good form into 2014. I think he was the perfect fit for Port's game style which saw him get on the end of a few more goals this year. Overall he had a better year than last year but just how much he has improved is very debatable. He shouldn't be in the debate of "most improved" when there are guys like Polec, Gray, Miles and Stefan Martin though.

He was a gun over the back end of 2013. He got plenty of the ball, kicked goals, provided a lot of dash and his foot skills were much better than previous seasons. He carried that good form into 2014. I think he was the perfect fit for Port's game style which saw him get on the end of a few more goals this year. Overall he had a better year than last year but just how much he has improved is very debatable. He shouldn't be in the debate of "most improved" when there are guys like Polec, Gray, Miles and Stefan Martin though.
should be mentioned as he has improved in my eyes, but where he polls in it is debatable.

300,000 is pretty standard for starters

he played every game and kicked 25 from a wing compared to 11 in 2013

The green machine, Levi Greenwood. Has turned from professional VFL player to dominant AFL midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony Miles :thumbsu:

images

Matt White's full games for Tigers and Port have pretty much identical numbers. Didn't improve at all.

Greenwood improved the most in 1 season IMO. From VFL to top 5 player at his club.

Matt White's output was similar to his output in 2013. Playing in a much better side could make anyone look better. Don't be blinded by Port's form. Polec and Gray are better examples of improved players.

So are you one of the Norf supporters who are now claiming him as a dud?

*North.

And no. He's still easily one of our best 5 mids.

Better tell your fellow supporters that.

It was laughable how they turned him into a dud overnight.

They didn't. At worst, the supporters calling him a 'dud' had him as our 6th best mid. While I think that's a bit harsh, it's definitely arguable that Swallow, Cunnington, Wells, Dal Santo and Ziebell are in front of him. Personally, I have him fifth. He's behind Swallow, Cunnington, Dal Santo and Wells for me.

Back