Votes: 8 8.9%
  • McKernan

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • McKenna

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've watched most of our early games over the last week (Thank god for fox footy) and I had forgotten how composed and good a kick Ashby is, Also he has strong hands, Took a few really strong marks in his first couple games, Reckon he can become a Corey Enright type over the next 2 years.
Here's hoping, but we hear the Enright comparison for so many back flankers. Pendlebury, Enright, Stevie J, Fyfe- the most compared to players? Could be its own thread.

Here's hoping, but we hear the Enright comparison for so many back flankers. Pendlebury, Enright, Stevie J, Fyfe- the most compared to players? Could be its own thread.
Really? I always hear Birchall comparison's to back flankers tbh.

Ashby I see as someone who does everything to a good standard but not a great standard. I wouldn't be surprised if he played 22 games next year, or 2. He's going to be a good player.

As much as I would love to see someone like Kav or even Will Hams come in, who do they displace from our obvious best 22?

After saying that, Browne and Ashby are two guys who could play in a number of positions and do well.

Dalgleish is another who could potentially break out in 2015 as a super sub, Trav Colyer style

Our obvious best 22 needs to change to go forward. Some unpopular decisions may have to be made. Pressure will be on Stanton, Winderlich, Howlett,
Hocking (if someone proves they can play his role), Dempsey and even Myers to improve again(much less pressure than others). In saying that the young blokes have to improve as well.

One place is likely to open us as Hocking being out until early Feb will most likely put him out of contention early on.
The plus out of this is that it is not totally obvious who is in our best 22. The list has some depth.

Back