Entertainment & Music Most overrated bands of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Well GG you certainly are easy to please, I'll give you that. I get the feeling I could say, "Didn't I see you as one of the main characters in The Human Centipede 3?" and you'd give me a like.

Well GG you certainly are easy to please, I'll give you that. I get the feeling I could say, "Didn't I see you as one of the main characters in The Human Centipede 3?" and you'd give me a like.
I enjoy it when people get nasty with me, get genuinely angry, make childish name-calling, etc, means I got to them ;)

I also enjoy the humor in comebacks and put downs, directed at me or others. Gotta pay it when it's a good one.

Well thanks, I guess. You have racked up your fair share of likes yourself. I can give you an extra one if you say something complimentary about Crowded House. Go on, be tempted.

Heavy metal/ screamo/thrash music sounds like a bunch of ******* cows being slaughtered on the killing floor. Whole genre is overrated.

Screamo music yes. But original metal and thrash bands like Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth, Sabbath, were art. Beautifully restrained when it needed to be, then exploding with fury and speed when the time was right, but never at the expense of melody. Even Pantera and other 90s groups understood this.

Modern day metal is mostly trash. Has lost all the restraint and melody, and is all about who can scream the shittiest, play the fastest, and be bruuuoooootal. It's just noise. A bit of noise is good, but this is nothing but noise. Noise and s**t haircuts and s**t tattoos.

Screamo music yes. But original metal and thrash bands like Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth, Sabbath, were art. Beautifully restrained when it needed to be, then exploding with fury and speed when the time was right, but never at the expense of melody. Even Pantera and other 90s groups understood this.

Modern day metal is mostly trash. Has lost all the restraint and melody, and is all about who can scream the shittiest, play the fastest, and be bruuuoooootal. It's just noise. A bit of noise is good, but this is nothing but noise. Noise and s**t haircuts and s**t tattoos.
Totally agree. Very well said.

I think the cult of Dave Grohl actually overshadows the Foo Fighters music.

Musically, they're on par with Nickelback. If anything, maybe more pop/radio friendly. Luckily, Nickleback have some of the worse lyrics ever, so they're the butt of all the jokes.
I never put a reason in for my FF nomination but would agree with this. The music is just average radio music yet people love them.

I never put a reason in for my FF nomination but would agree with this. The music is just average radio music yet people love them.

I like radio rock, not afraid to say it, and I like FF. They aren't legends of rock, they aren't a band that had come along and knocked the world on its arse with their music. Just a good above average rock band. People carry on sometimes like they are Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Nirvana, KISS, a group whose music made waves and a cultural staple of the times.

Yeah... Nah.

That's what I like about Tool, they aren't full on loud noise all the time, they mix it up with quieter mellow stuff too and are more melodic than your average metal band.

That's what I like about Tool, they aren't full on loud noise all the time, they mix it up with quieter mellow stuff too and are more melodic than your average metal band.

Yep, Tool are a bit overboard for my liking, but I respect them as musicians, and they definitely put the music first.

Fear Factory another one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I go through phases where I rarely listen to music apart from in the car or the work radio.

Not having a centrally located cd player in the house, and being a snob when it comes to sound quality and what devices I like to listen to music through, it's just feels like a lot of effort to put music on some times.

I need to make that effort though. Music is good for the spirit. Damn procrastination.

I go through phases where I rarely listen to music apart from in the car or the work radio.

Not having a centrally located cd player in the house, and being a snob when it comes to sound quality and what devices I like to listen to music through, it's just feels like a lot of effort to put music on some times.

I need to make that effort though. Music is good for the spirit. Damn procrastination.
To be honest, there is truth to what Dazb86 says. I listen to music a lot, radio or my own collection, and when you switch it all off, and just listen to the world outside, the background noise of life, it's so nice. Nicer even. Music has the effect of putting you in a mood you aren't necessarily in anyway. Or aggravating the mood you're in more by feeding it music that sums up that mood. But just tuning in to the sound of life, you're in no mood, you realize there IS NO MOOD. You are free. Sounds like hippie s**t, but it's seriously true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back