Toast Motlop

Remove this Banner Ad

Dammit! manboob - i just got on the phone and voted again (it appears that my phone likes the song as much as my computer does- and I will also ask the iPad what he/she thinks, in a few minutes) but there are now 1111 votes and Holy Grail (42.3%) leads We On (41.31%) and it appears there has been 23 votes for the HG but only my single vote for "we on"

I suggest that you grab your laptop, phone and all other devices in the house- yes, even steal your parents' devices!- and vote for 'we on'!!!

I'm just off to steal the kids' devices and put my next 15-20 votes in ;)

Where's the reach around! So you could accidentally bump into him outside on the street wearing a cats top and holding a marker. Still awesome story :) "Muts" goes OK I hear...

yup, ol' Muts ..
from the brief text it sounded like a one-day session, I'll ask him for more details when we catch up for my own curiosity - if I glean anything interesting of course I'll spill my guts ..
generally speaking I can't stand Aussie hip-hop, would be the first such track that's been recorded at that studio too I'd imagine - Mots himself is definitely a talent though, no doubt, very sweet, pure voice ..

:think:

28277038_1611478542298552_8867145860458832456_n.jpg

At least there's no vest.... :eek::oops:

right?

He has ridiculous ability and when on can be one of the most electric in the game.
Perhaps he has found his place to be now and can call on his stout state of game presence to will himself to a 1 on 1 contest the 4 times a season when he needs to go and get it done.

Now hes not at GFC, ill watch what he does but not be surprised when he he doesn't..

GO Catters

Would still want to make an impression on his new club though, looking at those numbers nothing has changed and he is still lazy.

Its been reported he injured his calf during the game - so that would have had an impact on his numbers, but on both fronts - injury & impact (or lack there of), probably didn't do much to impress the Port fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump

Steve announced his retirement today. Was somewhat of a divisive figure on this board and truth be told was a bit of an 'almost' player.

Has to be said though he played many a good game for the cats, was an excellent field kick and kicked some great goals with us over the years. A very entertaining player with x factor, I remember one game in particular at Docklands against Essendon where he really lit it up.

Well done on a solid career.

I don’t know what it was, injuries, too much muscle or not enough work ethic, but for mine Motlop peaked at 22 in 2013 and never hit those same heights again.

The only Geelong player I have seen find it just as easy to ghost through players as if they just weren’t there is GAJ.

Went from being a game changer in 2013 to an increasingly peripheral figure, when in reality he should have been the next SJ.

Fat Motlop in preseason 2016 was incredibly disappointing, given that he held out till the last game to re-sign.

Last edited:
Was a gun at times but not always consistent enough. Like his brother didnt quite fulfil all of his talent because of inconsistency.

Cant say him going didnt benefit us as it got us GAJ back and TK who in turn (via picks from WCE) got us Cameron.

That said congrats on a very good career at 2 clubs and wish him all the best in retirement.

I always had a soft spot for him. He was a gun for a couple of seasons there. Unfortunately, it was diminishing returns after his great 2013 season.
Waste of talent, had a knee issue which also hampered him but feel he did not do all he could to mitigate that and also get the best out of himself. Still eeked out a good career but could have been so much more

217 games is actually more than I imagined
Like a previous post mentioned I remember that game vs Essendon at Docklands!

As I’ve stated in a few other threads, I can’t understand how Smotlop kept getting a game for us. His last few seasons with Geelong were particularly woeful.

Look up ‘downhill skier’ in the dictionary: there’ll be a picture of Motlop next to the definition.

It brings me no great pleasure to say it but imho he was a dud as a player.

As I’ve stated in a few other threads, I can’t understand how Smotlop kept getting a game for us. His last few seasons with Geelong were particularly woeful.

Look up ‘downhill skier’ in the dictionary: there’ll be a picture of Motlop next to the definition.

It brings me no great pleasure to say it but imho he was a dud as a player.
Well the problem obviously was that we didn't do downhill enough. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back