Mowse

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knights
Good evening.
I thought I might have a crack at doing some 'Mascot Manor' inspired illustrations of team mascots. Thanks Mr ARM, excellent suggestion.
I must say first up that I like the mascot manor characters and this is in no way a slight against them. Just having some fun with my own illustration style (which is often a bit more bloody and violent than Mascot Manor).
So feel free to join in with your own illustrations or just mock and belittle my ones. whatever works for you.

I'll get the ball rolling with Good Ol Richmond. cause everyone loves a tiger. More to come.

mowscottiger.jpg

EDIT: I'd just like to add that my pictures are in no way associated with the AFL and are purely fan art.
These illustrations are not now, or ever, intended to be replacements for the mascot manor characters. Just me having some fun in my own time for my own amusement.

WARNING: many of my illustrations contain excessive depictions of "tomato sauce". If you find images of "tomato sauce" in any way upsetting or distressing you should leave this thread now.

OK. Lets draw some mascots.

Thanks people. Bombers are next - cause I figure I owe Mr ARM for the idea.
But consider Hawks in line after that.

Be interesting what you do for ones with 'human' mascots like St Kilda and GC, but agreed, that does look awesome

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO A BRISBANE ONE! :D
WITH A RIDICOLOUSLY OVERSIZED MANE! AND THE OLD LIONS JUMPER TOO!

PLEAAAAAAAAAASE
hahaha sorry but i think i love your designs a little too much :thumbsu:

That is a beastly looking tiger there!

Also is he flipping the bird, or is that just me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BOMBERS.
Everyone loves a giant flying killer robot. I know I do!
To quote one of best movie robots of all time:
"YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO COMPLY!!..."

mowscotbomber.jpg

I get a bit of a Transformer vibe from that :p MUCH better then what they have now though, by far.

These are awesome. The AFL would never allow such a thing but the effort you've gone to is great. Can't wait to see the full collection.

BOMBERS.
Everyone loves a giant flying killer robot. I know I do!
To quote one of best movie robots of all time:
"YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO COMPLY!!..."

mowscotbomber.jpg

Oh my god, that is awesome. I'm going to post it on the Essendon board.
How long does it take you do these? It takes me ages just to sketch something about one quarter as good as this.

Yeah it takes awhile. I did the bombers and hawks ones today in between doing stuff at work.
Anyways, as requested... HAWKS.

mowscothawk.jpg

Love it Mowse :thumbsu: I love how all yours seem to have the killer instinct- the blood, the eyes etc-, a big contrast from the AFL 'Mascot Manor' where all of them are all happy and smiley, not fearsome at all. C'mon, Freo's wears boardshorts and carries a surfboard, looks more like something from a kids book than a footy mascot.

Love it Mowse :thumbsu: I love how all yours seem to have the killer instinct- the blood, the eyes etc-, a big contrast from the AFL 'Mascot Manor' where all of them are all happy and smiley, not fearsome at all. C'mon, Freo's wears boardshorts and carries a surfboard, looks more like something from a kids book than a footy mascot.

Well they are meant for kids. Still, doesn't mean they have to be completely happy and nice, the ones from the 90s and the early 00's did the trick while still having some attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back