MRP is a flip flopping circus

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett 1 wee.. oh wait. This just in, you are allowed to elbow people in the face. But under no circumstances tilt your head, thats just wrong mr johnson.

Ablett 1 wee.. oh wait. This just in, you are allowed to elbow people in the face. But under no circumstances tilt your head, thats just wrong mr johnson.
Check the release, it was a body hit, not the face. :rolleyes:

Man, I'm still steamed at Judd's elbow on Pav and that was years ago. The MRP is a million miles better than what's seen in many other sports, but still, its inconsistency is disappointing at times!!

Hey anyway, how does that Cooney hit get off? Can you run in and sidebump someone in the head now? Should have gone for that.

Hey anyway, how does that Cooney hit get off? Can you run in and sidebump someone in the head now? Should have gone for that.

Like the Hurley one, they are placing some onus ( and rightly so) on the player to protect his own head.
I don't like what ablett did one bit, once again, players adapting to garner free kicks after a rule change....

Is anyone else pi$$ed that whoever gave brad hill the body shot behind play ( think it was the port game) didn't even get cited ....

We see certain players like balla's do the same thing and get a week ( on Rhys shaw) yet others go un cited.
Also saw a hawk knee a port player harder than what balla's did to shaw right in front of the live camera, no mention by commentators and no MRP citing.

Worst of all, I just saw the footage of what steve Johnson was doing to Crowley with the ear slaps - forceful, to the head, deliberate and repeated yet do we see a report ? I'm confused...
Can someone head down and show Crowls how to throw an open handed throat punch if we're allowed Kung fu moves on field

Is anyone else pi$$ed that whoever gave brad hill the body shot behind play ( think it was the port game) didn't even get cited ....

We see certain players like balla's do the same thing and get a week ( on Rhys shaw) yet others go un cited.
Also saw a hawk knee a port player harder than what balla's did to shaw right in front of the live camera, no mention by commentators and no MRP citing.

Worst of all, I just saw the footage of what steve Johnson was doing to Crowley with the ear slaps - forceful, to the head, deliberate and repeated yet do we see a report ? I'm confused...
Can someone head down and show Crowls how to throw an open handed throat punch if we're allowed Kung fu moves on field
It was Hamish Hartlett and he got one week.

You've got form with this "Watch me be a clever little racist" s**t Jimbos1.
You want to ram it in people's faces.OK I get it,you're a disgrace;just keep it to yourself.
Mockcockpit ,myself,Seppo ,slicedndiced ,salim malik and possibly others have attempted to get you to realise and/or acknowledge it is racist shyte;or just to stop it.Particularly cowardly on the net.I would hope it's unwelcome on this board directed at our players.
You apparently have
1/32 insight into your own dumb and nasty stupidity
1/32 understanding of vulgar/weak/obscene nature of the racist mindset
1/32 ability to walk a mile
1/32 appreciation of the Fremantle players' culture
1/32 understanding of identity
1/32 appreciation of culture
1/32 of an IQ
1/32 of a moral backbone
1/32 desire to change your attitude or outlook

I could go on and on Jimbos1 but there is quite obviously less than 1/32 chance that you're gonna go tell Alex Pearce that if he's indigenous you're a Jamaican;Am I correct?? It's just cowardly internet abuse of a Fremantle player on the Fremantle board.
If you're not Jamaican you are saying his culture is bullshit and he is a pretender/clown/idiot/charlatan/a-hole/simpleton.Are you suggesting he's masquerading as an aboriginal??WTF!!
Your level of disrespect and gutless abuse of Fremantle player culture and history suggests to me you should hand in your username. Whatever crap you maintain about supporting a club where 99.9% of its membership are justifiably proud of our aboriginal connections is just rubbish.
You are a smartarse racist and you should IMHO not post again without some serious backpeddling.
All of this has been pointed out to you before but you continue.
Troll,a-hole,idiot??:are there other options?(I've asked before).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Note for that Norf scumbag Harvey. Crowley didn't bitch and complain and make fallacious statements to the mrp either.

So can somebody explain to me how Cooney got off without using such phrases as "fierce competitors", "really going at it" or "no other alternative"? Granted Ablett didn't help with his head where it was, but Cooney was looking at the head not the ball (easy to do when you're attracted by shiny things) and Cooney had an alternative to leading with his arse.

If Cooney ends up being BOG this Sunday I'm going straight from the ground to AFL House and laying a steamer on their front doorstep*.

*will receive 3 weeks for misconduct, down to 2 with a guilty plea

And they confirmed this by asking picken. As if picken would tell the truth if it hit him in the chin.

Guessed they'd go that path, and sure enough they did.
Is there such a thing as a Brownlow assist?

Edit: sounds just as relevant for Cooney's bump as it does for Picken's evidence.

Remember when big Mal's boy Campbell revealed to the nation that he had lied at the tribunal and Voldemort the medallist had actually eye-gouged him!This is after the entire nation had witnessed the incident and a million replays of Voldemort's slimey digits fingering his glazzballs but the MRP acquitted him.
So Campbell got fined,and the verdict stood!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

No idea how Cooney got off.. saying the Hannebery one set a precedent is incorrect IMO. In that instance both players got to the ball at the same time and Hannebery kept his feet.. Cooney clearly got there after Ablett had already bent down to pick the ball up, therefore he had the option to tackle he also didnt keep his feet and just jumped in kind of a half slide.. very sloppy and not only hit the head, but could have done damage to Ablett's legs.

Incredibly different to the first case

No idea how Cooney got off.. saying the Hannebery one set a precedent is incorrect IMO. In that instance both players got to the ball at the same time and Hannebery kept his feet.. Cooney clearly got there after Ablett had already bent down to pick the ball up, therefore he had the option to tackle he also didnt keep his feet and just jumped in kind of a half slide.. very sloppy and not only hit the head, but could have done damage to Ablett's legs.

Incredibly different to the first case

Yeah, but a normal part of footy.

Fair bump, play on.

Maybe the MRP is getting their memory back?

Yeah, but a normal part of footy.

Fair bump, play on.

Maybe the MRP is getting their memory back?

I thought it was ordinary and extremely clumsy.. probably not worth a suspension, but def. a free kick and perhaps reprimand as a deterrant.. he basically used his body as a tool to take the head/legs of a bloke who was already at the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back