MRP round 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Seen the Goddard incident; most likely screwed by the system. I noticed the goal umpires had both flags going as whilst Goddard bumped. Going to dredge up the MRP guidelines, but I think that's where the intentional comes from; i.e., going the bump before a centre bounce on a player who wasn't expecting contact.

Last edited:
The Goddard suspension is the latest thing proving that the AFL has it out for Essendon

I have to admit, it did seem a bit harsh when compared to plenty of other instances over the season. I dont think the MRP is having a very good go at things this year, and while I'm fine with the idea of points and good/bad records, it should only come into charges of the same type IMO.

That said, it was probably unnecessary contact, but that happens literally several dozen times a game.

This was posted on our board. Very noticeable but not a whisper said
cDA5tfy.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapman did exactly what Mitch Robinson did the week prior (2 week suspension as a result)

Petrie's contact with the face can only be deemed "unreasonable" or "unnecessary" depending on the outcome of the Lake "direct to tribunal" case. If Lake is done for rough conduct....then surely Petrie's facial contact was entirely reasonable and necessary given he was being choked out.

Your thinking in a logic way, something the MRP doesn't do.

This was posted on our board. Very noticeable but not a whisper said
cDA5tfy.png

There is an enormous problem in the fact that the MRP only address what gets spoon-fed to them by the AFL, they don't actually review matches themselves, only snippets.

Creates a ludicrous situation.

There is an enormous problem in the fact that the MRP only address what gets spoon-fed to them by the AFL, they don't actually review matches themselves, only snippets.

Creates a ludicrous situation.
You cant imagine that the actual MRP panel would watch every minute of every camera angle of every match. Someone has to do it at the AFL but not sure its the MRP's job

You cant imagine that the actual MRP panel would watch every minute of every camera angle of every match. Someone has to do it at the AFL but not sure its the MRP's job
To allow for clarity and consistency, surely it has to be brought in house by the MRP in some form.

To allow for clarity and consistency, surely it has to be brought in house by the MRP in some form.
It would be nice. At the same time I wouldn't mind hearing on how they decide on which incidents to look at. Is it just the ones the media spots and highlights? What happens when they miss stuff? Clarity, clarification and consistency would be fantastic...but this is the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back