Muck-up Day is Dead. - Another victory for the PC brigade

Remove this Banner Ad

Recalling muck up days from when I was at school they were geenrally hated by most parents and teachers. Every year was going to be the last.

I completed high school in Queensland where they didn't have it, just schoolies week which was almost completely unsupervised. Nowadays on the Gold Coast they seem have a million activities and volunteers on every street corner. Do-gooders! Pah!

Our school Sat us down in the last week and said there would be no muck up day. (2008)

Luckily we're a smart bunch and we planned it anyway.

The night before we covered the teachers lounge foil and turned all the middle school lockers around to face walls.

After we met at a park and had a 'fight' boys vs girls with flour egg the odd bit of offel etc. And a few drinks.

The next day we all met super early and egged the s**t out if kids from our rival school. Was great to get one up on them.

Following that we arrived st school where classes were meant to commence as usual. We just played music on our boombox and burst into rooms dancing. Most welcomed the light hearted disruption!

There were a few water bombs too. Last but if fun we had was kidnap one the guys brothers who was 3-4 years tinder then us. We duct taped him to a pole with an umbrella for shade (it was hot and we're nice) and stood guard for a few hours. He seemed fine with missing class.

All light hearted fun and no damage. All at one of the state's top private schools too. Who would have thought it possible!?

Our muck up day involved one kid drinking too much the night before and overdosing on school grounds, requiring an ambulance..... Yeh unfortunaltely its got nothing ot do with P/C. Its a matter of one generation over a span of 4/5 years being stupider and stupider and ruining it for the future year 12's.

yeah I think it's been well estabished that the OP doesn't know what PC actually means..

that, or he's starting his journalism degree early...
Every kid thinks they are the first generation to be shafted by The PC Do-Gooding Fun-Police.

s**t thread.

Muck up day is crap. Getting pissed at the local was far more fun.
If you're 18, which most Victorians are or they have a fakey, when you finish school you should be too old for k0000ky hijinks involving duct tape and eggs. Though I'm happy I spent my first weeks of being 18 fresh outta home, living away, and at uni, I think it'd be a really cool thing to be able to have a few beers as school winds down forever. Couldn't think of a better way to round out school then jumping on a tram and heading to a pub nearby at 1pm or whenever you get let out.

You see your mates, you drink beers, everyone's feeling optimistic, and the all girls you've ever liked from a distance are on the ciders and G&Ts. Sounds like a recipe for a great arvo. Infinitely better than carrying on like a 12-year old.

Our last day was grey and miserable, we were all 17, no one could acquire beers and if we did we would've needed a place to drink them... it just sucked.

*in kids these days have it all and still can't live life as they should! When your 18, your life should be centred around drinking and chicks... why not do that?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Son is Y12 in outer suburban school. Muck up day was basically fancy dress for a morning, with most kids spending $100+ on outfits. Some twat did something inane the previous Friday night, and muck up day was going to be cancelled unless he turned himself in. Lots of bravado until it was pointed out they had cctv and knew exactly who it was.

My boy went as an anti-terrorist cop, SWAT vest, helmet, boots, the works. His little $2.99 plastic Woolies shiny "revolver" was confiscated.

A couple of his mates went as terrorists. I've got some cut-up orange PVC pipe in the garage, told them to come round and I'd duct tape a few lengths to their chests and run some curly red wires across the top.

Was not appreciated. I guess they just went as some random Middle Easterners.

Back in 1999 we just egged one another, poured flour, fish sauce and chucked waterbombs at each other on the oval. No major disruptions or any inconceniennce, harm done or property destroyed. Silly fun & that's what it should be about.
This is what ours was too, basically.

Didn't really hurt anyone.

No doubt all of that is now banned there, too.

I am currently in Year 12 at a school in Affluentville, Melbourne.
7 people from our school have been suspended for throwing confetti and playing around with silly string during lunch in our common room. No one was injured, nothing was damaged, just a bit of a mess.

Our muck-up day has been reduced to a five-minute Halloween dress-up party at school. Its an hours trip there and back for me, so I'm skipping the farcical condescending treatment from reputation/money-first Principals towards us.

Police presence is heavy around the area already.

Well done PC brigade, forcing the minority students who do have a streak for malicious intent to find more bizzare and dangerous ways to evade police, and the normal ones getting suspended for silly string.

throwing confetti? someone could lose and eye

when will kids ever learn!;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back