Mumbai Hit By a Series of Attacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Karl this is scary stuff, because last night the Indian PM stated that India will not tolerate foreign countries habouring terrorist who commit murder on Indian soil. For decades India has been telling the Americans that the Pakistan intelligence service was aiding and training terrorist cells to fight in Kashmir. I just hope India don't send any troops or send in the Air strikes into Pakistan.

ATF commander on TV now explaining to the press why they took longer than was necessary. He said that the most important thing for them was that in their thoughts were the safety of the hostages and innocent civilians. ATF are currently doing mop up operations at the Taj and Oberoi, they are taping into the TV's etc in the rooms and broadcasting to the people still in there that it is safe but to stay whgere they are until ATF, Balck Cats etc come to get them. ATF are currently going room to room checking for people who are still there and unsure what is happening. ATF have suffered casualties because they were being so careful. Once agian great news and well done to the ATF hope they now end this quickly.

ATF commander on TV now explaining to the press why they took longer than was necessary. He said that the most important thing for them was that in their thoughts were the safety of the hostages and innocent civilians. ATF are currently doing mop up operations at the Taj and Oberoi, they are taping into the TV's etc in the rooms and broadcasting to the people still in there that it is safe but to stay whgere they are until ATF, Balck Cats etc come to get them. ATF are currently going room to room checking for people who are still there and unsure what is happening. ATF have suffered casualties because they were being so careful. Once agian great news and well done to the ATF hope they now end this quickly.

I think they've handled it as well as they could considering they lost their leader and police commissioner in the attacks. very composed of them to put civilian safety ahead of revenge and indeed their own safety.

Yeah I think everyone does not mind that they took a little longer. It's awesome they have got all the hostages out alive. Shows why they are Elite and how well trained they are.

Bloody amazing job, considering the media spotlight.

One of my mates, while talking about the foreign hand, seems to think this has UK financial backing, especially considering the terror that the English Cricket team were on the verge of undergoing through.

Just watching some amazing scenes coming out on Indian TV, a live encounter. ATF have been told to take out the terrorist at Nariman house and lots of exchange of gun fire.

Bloody amazing job, considering the media spotlight.

One of my mates, while talking about the foreign hand, seems to think this has UK financial backing, especially considering the terror that the English Cricket team were on the verge of undergoing through.

One of the captured terrorists was rumoured to be a british national

Most of the rescued hostages were just hustled onto the buses, cars etc and driven away. ATF are still searching over 700+ rooms one by one making sure that everyone is safe.

News in young officer a Major just been killed in action. Another victim of terror and murder. He served his country and made the ultimate sacrifice in trying to protect the innocents. :confused:

These guys appear to be pretty well trained, I think 9+ hvae been captured of the 26, but they've killed upwards of 20 ATF police.

The information that I really want to know is how the hell they knew where the head of the ATF was at the time of the attack? Its either a one in a billion lucky occurence, or some very well researched planning.

From my understanding it was just extremely bad luck. The commander of the ATF and the other 2 high ranking officials had turned up to the hospital that was hit to survey the situation of the wounded that were coming in from the train station and didn't have a clue that the gunmen had moved on to there. They pretty much walked into the hospital and came face to face with the gunmen and didn't have a chance.

After killing the cops the gunmen hijacked their police car and drove it off, if you look around the news sites there is footage of them driving the stolen police car and firing it at a crowded junction where they killed 1 and injured a few others as well.

My question is how they were also able to co-ordinate the 2 car bombs that also went off, one near the Mazagon docks and the other in Santa Cruz. These guys were scarily organized to be able to co-ordinate these attacks beyond just the hotels, railway station and the Jewish centre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four of the captured terrorist have confessed, it's being reported that they said they were trained in Pakistan with the LET. You can't do what happened in Mumbai with suck precision and damage without a lot of help and money. The ATF commander and his 2 senior officers were very hands on, like has been mentioned on here they were first on the scene at the hospital to check on the wounded etc and were ambushed. They had no chance at all there is CTCTV footage of them getting killed on camera.

Apparently its back on. More gunshots around the Taj according to sky news

and this:

Early on 28 November, a Hindu newspaper reported that three of the captured terrorists who perpetrated the attack have confessed to being members of the Pakistani-based Islamist Lashkar-e-Taiba group, with one of the suspects allegedly from Pakistan's Pishori area.[16]

Very bad news.

Sounds like incursions and strikes in Pakistan might be considered. All hell could break loose after that.

Agreed. And although it is a very very scary prospect given the nuke situation, its quite understandable.

Imagine the public sentiment here, if Indonesian nationals, organised, trained and equipped by the indonesian military, sailed into an Australian city, took over a hotel and gunned down a few hundred men, women, and children. What would the public response be?

Now keep in mind that India is an emerging superpower, with a considerably more powerful military than its neighbour.

I am expecting a very direct ultimatum to pakistan, and if they don't go along with it, **** knows. If India don't strike militarily, they are considerably more restrained than most other democracies would be in the same circumstances.

Nariman House nearly secured. Only the TAJ remains, and I hope it's taken care of quickly so that the TAJ can be restored to previous glory cause I love that building.

I'm also glad that my distant relative Sir Ghulam Noon is safe.

You have a look at these sort of well organised attacks and wonder why the biggest and most prized target of all has not been touched since the war on terror began. The USA has been protected by the home security measures of the Bush administration. And hopefully this carnage will serve as a warning to the rest of the world, and particularly the inexperienced Obama, that the now prophetic warnings from Bush are not to be taken lightly, and there must not be the slighest relaxtion in the fight against terrorism.

Lets all pray that this will end soon in Mumbai, that the terrorists are slaughtered, and that the captured terrorists are subjected to some appropriate "enhanced" interrogation. :)

From my understanding it was just extremely bad luck. The commander of the ATF and the other 2 high ranking officials had turned up to the hospital that was hit to survey the situation of the wounded that were coming in from the train station and didn't have a clue that the gunmen had moved on to there. They pretty much walked into the hospital and came face to face with the gunmen and didn't have a chance.

After killing the cops the gunmen hijacked their police car and drove it off, if you look around the news sites there is footage of them driving the stolen police car and firing it at a crowded junction where they killed 1 and injured a few others as well.

Found the link from CNN, this explains what happens to the 3 top officials who were killed

http://edition.cnn.com/video/

do a search on there for "Terror attack timeline" its the video thats 2:53 long and tells what happens to them along the way

Was anyone watching cnn when they showed the female reporter getting jostled in the crowd and then the lights went out, when she came back on everything was alright, seemed like a set up by cnn, not enough action so lets make something happen, it was funny she said something like 'hey don't do that' while the lights were off, and surrounded by mostly blokes one can only imagine what they did:D
Sorry to make light of a serious situation.

Guy's it is sort of over at the Taj but don't forget the Taj has over 400 rooms. The ATF are currently going through it room by room trying to sanitize it. They are still worried that there may be booby traps, or more terrorist hiding out. They are also saying that there might be civilians still inside scared and in shock so they are being ultra careful. Reports were also saying that the terrorist were using human shields and taunting the the ATF troopers. I salute the ATF they have lost about 20 of their men trying to be careful and in trying so hard to rescuse the people trapped in there.

expect the retaliation to be even bloodier. It will not be immediate but expect a massacre on religious lines in some major city 6 months from now. Most indians are used to this cycle of attacks, which sadly will never end until one side loses.

i can assure you this has been going on 3-4 centuries and nothing will change. so my advice to any foreigners going is buy a life insurance bond. atleast your family will strike rich.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back