Status
Not open for further replies.

clogged

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 4, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Half arsed efforts all year, nothing efforts in finals.

Next year he should be relegated to cameos in the midfield, not an essential cog. Because not showing up until the game is on the line is not good enough.

Half arsed efforts all year, nothing efforts in finals.

Next year he should be relegated to cameos in the midfield, not an essential cog. Because not showing up until the game is on the line is not good enough.

I've always said he only plays good when his out of contract. I don't understand how he doesn't dominate every week, he doesn't get tagged and doesn't kick enough goals for a guy who's as big as a key position forward.

I've always said he only plays good when his out of contract. I don't understand how he doesn't dominate every week, he doesn't get tagged and doesn't kick enough goals for a guy who's as big as a key position forward.

Effort. How many times do you see him going half arsed compared to Fyfey and Barlow? I don't think I have ever seen him actually sprint either in a game or at training.

Very disappointed with him tonight, I think he's fallen behind Barlow as our second best midfielder.
After this year he's the fourth best mid after Fyfe, Hill and Barlow. Neale rapidly going past him.

Let's be honest. In midfield he has one trick. Reading the tap from Sandilands and shrugging the tackle to deliver a lace out pass. If that is nullified he is utterly useless. A spectator.

I can appreciate it's in his nature to appear lackadaisical, but he was just going through the motions tonight.

When you think of the football he is capable of (i.e. last year's GF), it's amazing to think that he simply can't impact a game for more than two quarters.

Very good player but three years is a long contract to have given Mundy, how slow will he look in 2017?

I think our midfield is a bit overrated to be honest, use the St Kilda game as an example, if we don't get first use, we are just about useless.
Sandilands is still essential to the midfield, but at least guys like Barlow and Fyfe are consistent even with him in the side.

Mundy has been ordinary all year, and going by his age, he won't be getting any better. If he couldn't bring it this year, why will he in future years?

Sandilands is still essential to the midfield, but at least guys like Barlow and Fyfe are consistent even with him in the side.

Mundy has been ordinary all year, and going by his age, he won't be getting any better. If he couldn't bring it this year, why will he in future years?
Yeah , but he's far to valuable to drop or to trade, just look at his 3rd quarter against port 2 weeks ago. If only he was capable of that for an entire game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah , but he's far to valuable to drop or to trade, just look at his 3rd quarter against port 2 weeks ago. If only he was capable of that for an entire game.
He won't be capable of that ever.

The midfield should be based around Fyfe, Hill, Barlow and Neale. Mundy should play a defensive role, or something less critical. Because he is not a workhorse and goes missing far too much for someone who plays a crucial position.

I'm not sure I agree with that. We don't have the depth to do that as yet, and it's still the outside runners that are costing us. Hill, Pearce etc

Crozier, Sheridan, Simpson etc. need to come on.
I'm also looking at Sutcliffe thinking he has the makings of a good wingman.

Back flanks are a position we need to draft.0

I'm not sure I agree with that. We don't have the depth to do that as yet, and it's still the outside runners that are costing us. Hill, Pearce etc

We need a lockdown small defender more, Wingard and Gray were the difference.

He seems to have a few great games during the year and then does nothing for a month in between his great games. I've always viewed him as being quite soft because it looks like he goes in half arsed.

If we don't have the depth then long term is the answer. You can't have half arsed players in the most important part of the ground. Mundy did not deliver this year and it's questionable whether he will in the future.

His best season is four years ago now. Time to move on.

Haven't been to any peel games Gaskin, what kind of player does Vandeleur play like? Also what are your thoughts on Pearce and Ballard?

I only base my opinion off what I see at training. Being a die hard Souths man I don't go and watch Peel unless South have a bye. Vandeleur has the size, speed and from what I have seen he also has the ball skills to play off half back. Someone like salim malik or jedi mind tricks would be better suited to answering the question of who he plays like. The same goes for Pearce and Ballard. I do have high hopes for Vandeleur, Pearce, Ballard, Grey and Apeness.

Mundy is good, but his fitness has always being a problem. I still under the impression our fitness levels are not good enough and seeing Port beat us after a 6 day break just hurts even more.

Mundy is good, but his fitness has always being a problem. I still under the impression our fitness levels are not good enough and seeing Port beat us after a 6 day break just hurts even more.

I take your point but Freo played a physically tough Sydney on a very wet ground. Port played tigs who watched on on a dry deck. Recovery for Port would have been easier. Freo had to fly back straight after the game. These are all factors.

I take your point but Freo played a physically tough Sydney on a very wet ground. Port played tigs who watched on on a dry deck. Recovery for Port would have been easier. Freo had to fly back straight after the game. These are all factors.
A leader doesn't gift them a goal via a 50 metre penalty for not throwing the ball back on the full in the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back