Murph in doubt for the first final

Remove this Banner Ad

If Brad Boyd, Dale Morrison and Bert Murphy dont get up for the final, we are stuffed
Thankfully we have Marcus Picken and Jesse Stringer to pick up the slack, imagine where we'd be without them.

The quicker we get our heads around our three veterans being
a bonus, rather than a guarantee the better. Geelong and lots
of other teams are tapping guys on the shoulder who are on
the younger side of 33. There are already over 35 players who
have been retired or de-listed and the season has not even
finished, going to be a brutal off season.

Still another probably 9 days away to recover from a bit of soreness. Should be fine, glad we didn't risk him this week. If there is one player I don't want to miss the final it's Murphy. I'll back him to recover in time.

Have no worries whatsoever. Jarryd Roughead, Fletcher Roberts-Thompson, Graeme Wood, Tony Dickson & Steve Wallace: These are the guys that'll step up and cover load.

The quicker we get our heads around our three veterans being
a bonus, rather than a guarantee the better. Geelong and lots
of other teams are tapping guys on the shoulder who are on
the younger side of 33. There are already over 35 players who
have been retired or de-listed and the season has not even
finished, going to be a brutal off season.
We need to get out of the mindset of once you hit 33 you should retire, or once you're past 30 you're done.

If you're good, you play. Simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murph would have to have 2 broken legs to miss the first final. He has done all the hard yards the last few years, he isn't going to miss the reward. If he has a sore groin they will jab him up.

We need to get out of the mindset of once you hit 33 you should retire, or once you're past 30 you're done.

One more year of development (some of it in the AFL) for Zaine, Webb & Biggs as Murph, Boyd & Morris go on again isn't a disaster. Murph may play on beyond next year if his body holds up.

It's interesting they've gone out and announced this injury. They could've led us to believe he was being rested. Something smells here - not necessarily bad. He'll lead us out next weekend no doubt.

Yep. Annoys the s**t out of me. Imagine if North had have tapped Boomer at 32-33 in favour of playing Wells in his role, they'd have missed 5-6 years of topline football from a bloke who's still their most dynamic player for a bloke who can't get on the field.
Needs to be a case by case basis.

Have no worries whatsoever. Jarryd Roughead, Fletcher Roberts-Thompson, Graeme Wood, Tony Dickson & Steve Wallace: These are the guys that'll step up and cover load.

Sorry, who is Graeme Wood? Do you mean Cameron? Imagine if we had Clem Smith available. Real warrior that man and would've suited this team brilliantly, he'll be back!

Agree timtamWB, my point was simply every game they play is a bonus
in the fact that it helps lessen the pressure implied or otherwise on the
Franky first years who it must be said have provided us with some
early bloomers in recent drafts. The tipping point for players is always
a difficult point to measure, but for us as our list stands long may they
play on .

yeah watching Bevo's presser it was more a "yeah i hope so!" than "Murph's touch and go for next week"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back