Nallad

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Who has been the better overall player?

Murphy is younger, has had a better career to date, is having a better season and his best is better.

Absolute no brainer imo.

Murphys 2011 was better than any of Deledio's years. But Deledio has been better on average over their careers. Close, but if i could have one at Collingwood i'd probably go with Deledio.

Good poll btw.
By what metric has Deledio been better? Not statistically, not in media awards nor Brownlow votes. Possibly B&F votes but if not for Judd, Murphy would be a 3 time winner. He finished 2nd (2008), 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 5th (missed 6 games - would have won it comfortably if not for injury). Didn't place last year but should be top 3 or 4 this season again.

I'm biased but I'd go with Deledio purely as he's more versatile (in terms of positions he can play) than Murphy.

Tiger Titus

Team Captain
May 11, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Do people realise they're only 3 months apart in age? Going off their injury history Deledio will probably outlast Murphy.

Obviously I am biased but I think Deledio has more weapons and would contribute more to a top 4 quality team, not that either of them have ever had the opportunity to do that.

The Blue Baggers

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
murphy daylight ....... yet another BF poll whereby the anti carlton supporters just vote for the player for the other club

next people will compare the great chris judd to some Z grader and the Z grader will win

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
murphy daylight ....... yet another BF poll whereby the anti carlton supporters just vote for the player for the other club

next people will compare the great chris judd to some Z grader and the Z grader will win

There's no conspiracy. If you want proof look at the Casbault/Vickery thread.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

Yet another BF poll where a supporter needs to open their other eye. Saying Murphy would be fair, saying Deledio would be fair, thinking their is daylight between them is just stupid.

Back