Murray FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see where you are coming from in that there isn't a standout best side and the Premiership is up for grabs.
The side that wins it might not be as talented as previous winners, but I think the Top7 sides of the past two years would have to be as good as any over the past decade. Echuca Utd and Nathalia last year would have played finals in any other year, and Rumbalara and Barooga this year would surely be pencilled in to win finals games at the very least, with their cattle in previous years.
Totally agree

What's peoples opinion on when a points and salary cap system comes in. how is that going to effect the standard of the league? Take into account how things are economically in the region and alot of juniors leave the area? Do you think it will weaken the standard at all? Will MFL face more competition from say O&m or GVFL for talented players?

How would you rate Tonny's season Hank? Disappointed after such a good start, or a top 4 finish about expected?
Start of the season winning a final was the goal, so I suppose in that sense its a pass mark, but reality is we have let an opportunity slip and you don't know what will happen next season, so you have to take your chances when they present. I'd hope most are disappointed not to go further

What's peoples opinion on when a points and salary cap system comes in. how is that going to effect the standard of the league? Take into account how things are economically in the region and alot of juniors leave the area? Do you think it will weaken the standard at all? Will MFL face more competition from say O&m or GVFL for talented players?
IMHO it will hurt us a bit , but probably will be more of an upside for clubs that have developed good juniors & I think it could hurt minor league clubs

I'd imagine both deni and Finley would be excited by the prospect of it prob as much as say rumba and barooga would be dreading it

Soft year ? From afar it would appear that it has been another cracking year of MFL with plenty of sides in with a chance all through the year .

From afar it may. From up close watching 1 v 2 on the weekend the talent has dropped off a bit. But finals are finals are whoever wins it won't care.

Thanks for your standard try and pick holes in a post comment squeak I've missed your nonsense

From afar it may. From up close watching 1 v 2 on the weekend the talent has dropped off a bit. But finals are finals are whoever wins it won't care.

Thanks for your standard try and pick holes in a post comment squeak I've missed your nonsense
Heard from a few who were present on Saturday and they have suggested it was one of the best games of MFL they have seen in 15-20 years ?
Finley and Deni in
particular appeared very upbeat with the list they had gathered prior to the season and being good enough to at least feature in finals .Tonny and Moama appeared to have significantly improved their lists.
You're just squirting about Finley not making finals .

I have not heard what the points allocation for the Murray League will be. I think with the figures I have heard quoted for the GV and O&M leagues then the point system is going to be set to high to have an impact. I Believe Nathalia had 28 points on Saturday if informed correctly. Benalla in the GV had 24 if calculated correctly. I think unless we are going to impact sides who recruit heavily from outside the area then it is going to be a waste of time.

The GVFL will have 45 , I'd expect the MFL to have at least that .
I find it interesting that it appears common belief in all locals leagues that the big spenders have either not made finals or been knocked out very quickly.
Think it severely contradicts the thinking that a points and salary cap are going to reduce the the ability of the more successful senior sides and boost the lower senior sides .
This would appear the latest system .
http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=3789508

Last edited:
Heard from a few who were present on Saturday and they have suggested it was one of the best games of MFL they have seen in 15-20 years ?
Finley and Deni in
particular appeared very upbeat with the list they had gathered prior to the season and being good enough to at least feature in finals .Tonny and Moama appeared to have significantly improved their lists.

Couldn't agree more ! One of the best games I have watched at Murray League for years, and I am a born and bred Mulwala guy that took the loss pretty hard to swallow.
Game was was fantastic though, high scoring, momentum kept changing and even though disappointing end to the game an entertaining one at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finley and Deni in
Best game in regard to mulwala fighting hard a couple of times to make the game a great contest in regard to super skilled super tough fast game I'd say no but both sides gave their all , and roar I asked former murray league great about standard of strathy or jerilderie sides at grand final whether they would be competitive in mfl he didn't think so last 8-10 players drop off quite quickly which surprised me because of the quality of their top end players . Any chance of addition , relegation coming in for pfl, mfl, gvfl in the next five years

Best game in regard to mulwala fighting hard a couple of times to make the game a great contest in regard to super skilled super tough fast game I'd say no but both sides gave their all , and roar I asked former murray league great about standard of strathy or jerilderie sides at grand final whether they would be competitive in mfl he didn't think so last 8-10 players drop off quite quickly which surprised me because of the quality of their top end players . Any chance of addition , relegation coming in for pfl, mfl, gvfl in the next five years
interesting , I thought that game was one of the best contests I have seen in footy for possible 15-20 years and that includes GVFL and MFL . Was a ripping tight hard fought contest with continual one on one contests . Not as good as MFL ? I don't think anyone will be to worried if people with a close association with MFL has that opinion .
I haven't heard of anything relating to regulation / delegation of any local leagues. Given the closeness of the MFL competitions of late, I would be shocked if the MFL considered splitting the league and having regulation and delegation ??

interesting , I thought that game was one of the best contests I have seen in footy for possible 15-20 years and that includes GVFL and MFL . Was a ripping tight hard fought contest with continual one on one contests . Not as good as MFL ? I don't think anyone will be to worried if people with a close association with MFL has that opinion .
I haven't heard of anything relating to regulation / delegation of any local leagues. Given the closeness of the MFL competitions of late, I would be shocked if the MFL considered splitting the league and having regulation and delegation ??
No he didn't say the contest was not a great contest I didn't ask them that question I asked him how would strathy or jerilderie go in mfl , he is tied to pfl and has been for a couple of years

No he didn't say the contest was not a great contest I didn't ask them that question I asked him how would strathy or jerilderie go in mfl , he is tied to pfl and has been for a couple of years

Watched both jerilderie and Strathy play Toc. Would struggle big time in mfl , it's different football.

Finley and Deni in

You like making up your best this and that for 15 - 20 years anyone who thinks that game was one of the best they have seen in 20 years hasn't seen many games

Personal opinion I guess , would be interested in hearing which lists have dropped off yet their ladder position as improved this year as a example of the league dropping off .
IMHO Nathalia , mulwala, moama all improved position without any great changes to there list , to me moama might be the exception but I think at present a few of their recruits might be unavailable , but bit of guess work on my behalf :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back