Murray FL 2013/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who won practice matches today?

Finley easily beat Leeton last night in barooga.

Tom Seccull , Ried Crowe , Tommy Doyle and Lach Small were all good for the cats.

Morrison , Ford , Jewell , Bongetti , Harkins and the 2 young guys from last yhear all missing the cats are looking pretty nice.

UNITED
FINLEY
MOAMA
BAROOGA
DAYLIGHT
THE REST

I also saw this game. Some good signs for Finley, hard to judge given the easy win but they should be competitive this year. Thought young coopman showed plenty of speed amongst others. The big ruckman (i think he's captain?) looked a bit sluggish and underdone and went off early, but that's to be expected in early praccy games.

The big Ruckman came off early pretty happy with himself, quite unaware that he had little to no impact in the half he played.

I also saw this game. Some good signs for Finley, hard to judge given the easy win but they should be competitive this year. Thought young coopman showed plenty of speed amongst others. The big ruckman (i think he's captain?) looked a bit sluggish and underdone and went off early, but that's to be expected in early praccy games.

The roar is more like a squeal from the picola league, let the kid play in a better league !
If there is a contract ' THE KID ' has an obligation to see out his contract .
He wiling signed it and if the club hasn't breached their obligation , his situation or wishes , changing doesn't void the contract.
A contract has obligations for the duration of it by both parties .
Also on what grounds do you believe the MFL is the better league ?
Administration , players into TAC, State Leagues , AFL ?

Last edited:
If there is a contract ' THE KID ' has an obligation to see out his contract .
He wiling signed it and if the club hasn't breached their obligation , his situation or wishes , changing doesn't void the contract.
A contract has obligations for the duration of it by both parties .
Also on what grounds do you believe the MFL is the better league ?
Administration , players into TAC, State Leagues , AFL ?
By the way I've played in both leagues here is three reasons why mfl is a far superior league
Quickness of ball movement
Greater Fitness required to perform at mfl
Greater foot and hand skills required at a quicker pace
Picola more combative and old style but don't get me wrong ,if you think it's easy you'll get found out in picola

Nofearbrowny, do you really want to be beating your MFL chest over this case?

Lets not develop this one into a PDFNL v MFL debate.

Move on please fellas.

Last edited:
Your understand of the appeals process was the case years ago when clubs basically didn't have to have a reason to reject a clearance and contracts were rare .
Let's just wait and see then .;)

Why are you so pleased about a player's clearance being denied? It's not like he is going to be playing at the Rovers anyhow. I'd be shocked and appalled if the tribunal don't allow the move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you so pleased about a player's clearance being denied? It's not like he is going to be playing at the Rovers anyhow. I'd be shocked and appalled if the tribunal don't allow the move.
He has a contract which he signed. , why would you be shocked and appalled if a tribunal ruled in favour of the contract .
A court will do the same. .
Have you seen the contract ??
Contracts are contracts and are binding .
Plays where he is contracted to or not at all.

Its attitudes like that that hurt clubs . Make him sit out loose him for ever and get a bad name that will prevent others from considering them as an option, especially when going to a club they don't compete against. Ego driven peanut approach to it.

Interestingly they play each other tonight with Finley having 16 of their best missing I would think they will win quite comfortably showing the BIG difference in standard

He has a contract which he signed. , why would you be shocked and appalled if a tribunal ruled in favour of the contract .
A court will do the same. .
Have you seen the contract ??
Contracts are contracts and are binding .
Plays where he is contracted to or not at all.[/quotIt's

Its attitudes like that that hurt clubs . Make him sit out loose him for ever and get a bad name that will prevent others from considering them as an option, especially when going to a club they don't compete against. Ego driven peanut approach to it.

Interestingly they play each other tonight with Finley having 16 of their best missing I would think they will win quite comfortably showing the BIG difference in standard
He joined the rovers this season after being at the Rams and gave his word and also signed agreement / contract with the club . Yep 12 months ago he choose to , as you put it , dropped down a standard.
Surely his word counts for something ?
Maybe it's about time people started to be accountable for their actions and honour agreements .
There is no BIG difference in standard , ask anyone who has played both , the biggest jump in local footy is from MFL to GVFL , which is still very mild .
The ridiculous lengths people are going to in a bid to recruit it what is killing football , attempting to recruit contracted players is not a good look, especially when well aware they are contracted .

Last edited:
He joined the rovers this season after being at the Rams and gave his word and also signed agreement / contract with the club . Yep 12 months ago he choose to , as you put it , dropped down a standard.
Maybe it's about time people started to be accountable for their actions and honour agreements .
There is no BIG difference in standard , ask anyone who has played both , the biggest jump in local footy is from MFL to GVFL , which is still very mild .
The ridiculous lengths people are going to in a bid to recruit it what is killing football , attempting to recruit contracted players is not a good look, especially when well aware they are contracted .
Roar you still working in picola league junior development , good to see tommy clurey get his first senior game last week. Finley flogged deni rovers with last years thirds premiership side in barooga night series tonight

Not a BIG difference in standard stick to the pivola league champ where your squeak sounds like a roar cod the rovers were just given a hiding by a murray league 3rds premiership side....

I hope other clubs operate under a better code of ethics than it appears Finley does. The message they are sending our youth

"Don't worry if you commit and make agreements with other clubs we are better than them so we will get you out of it"

What does that teach about respect for others?
How does this build good character?
What does it teach them about dealing in the real world?

Roar has not been insulting towards yourselves your club or your league it's a shame the same can't be said of your behaviour towards PDFNL and deni rovers.

Last edited:
I hope other clubs operate under a better code of ethics than it appears Finley does. The message they are sending our youth

"Don't worry if you commit and make agreements with other clubs we are better than them so we will get you out of it"

Roar has not been insulting towards yourselves your club or your league it's a shame the same can't be said of your behaviour towards PDFNL and deni rovers.
Don't blame Finley ,blame the ridiculous money rumba offered him. He has been developed by Finley if the money wasn't so tempting he stay with the cats .guess what's killing country footy money! He will come back to Finley for about 20% what rumba offered .

He has gone to rumba trained hard, travelled long distances, decided that he doesn't fit in , then decided before seasons starts that Finley his home club is where he wants to be. Has he cost rumba money no, he would have cost them more if he had played without passion !

Don't blame Finley ,blame the ridiculous money rumba offered him. He has been developed by Finley if the money wasn't so tempting he stay with the cats .guess what's killing country footy money! He will come back to Finley for about 20% what rumba offered .

I was referring to your comments re deni rovers!

He has gone to rumba trained hard, travelled long distances, decided that he doesn't fit in , then decided before seasons starts that Finley his home club is where he wants to be. Has he cost rumba money no, he would have cost them more if he had played without passion !

I wasn't having a go at Crowe I assumed this to be the case.
Good on him.
Players will get lured by the money it's not such a bad thing they learn that playing just for money kills passion and what they really want is to play with the fire in the belly. Right?

Not a BIG difference in standard stick to the pivola league champ where your squeak sounds like a roar cod the rovers were just given a hiding by a murray league 3rds premiership side....
Played a bit better football than you I would imagine champ . The same premiership thirds side that had a huge number of kids who were recruited from the PDFNL in 2012 ??
Not sure why you would bother recruiting from the PDFNL if they are so bad or is it that you want them to develop them and then raid there good work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back