Murray FL 2013/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roar you still working in picola league junior development , good to see tommy clurey get his first senior game last week. Finley flogged deni rovers with last years thirds premiership side in barooga night series tonight
Yep and yes Tommy Clurey is a great product of the PDFNL as are a list of other players who have played at state level or represented the state such as Jack Yelland , Lochie Howe , Rhys McCulloch , this years TAC players Kyle Gallaway , Dan Howe, Connor brown and future young guns , like , Levi Middleton and Jacob Sampson . Add to that last years GM schoolboys b&f Brayden Coburn and 10 kids in this years schoolboys and the PDFNL is doing a good job in developing players .

Yep and yes Tommy Clurey is a great product of the PDFNL as are a list of other players who have played at state level or represented the state such as Jack Yelland , Lochie Howe , Rhys McCulloch , this years TAC players Kyle Gallaway , Dan Howe, Connor brown and future young guns , like , Levi Middleton and Jacob Sampson . Add to that last years GM schoolboys b&f Brayden Coburn and 10 kids in this years schoolboys and the PDFNL is doing a good job in developing players .
Be proud of your development, but remember self praise is no praise !

If you want to know what town for population produces pound for pound more footballers then any where in Vic it would have to be benalla, they have produced at least 20 tac cup players in the last few years

Played a bit better football than you I would imagine champ . The same premiership thirds side that had a huge number of kids who were recruited from the PDFNL in 2012 ??
Not sure why you would bother recruiting from the PDFNL if they are so bad or is it that you want them to develop them and then raid there good work ?
Can you name the huge number of kids! most of the kids upto I believe 17 played in a fourths premiership three years before for Finley , maybe they came to Finley for greater challenge. Roar I think you have shot yourself in the foot here

Its attitudes like that that hurt clubs . Make him sit out loose him for ever and get a bad name that will prevent others from considering them as an option, especially when going to a club they don't compete against. Ego driven peanut approach to it.

Interestingly they play each other tonight with Finley having 16 of their best missing I would think they will win quite comfortably showing the BIG difference in standard

Without anyone knowing the contract personally it hard for people to comment. But if the Tribunal does go against the contract and clear him they are basically saying the contracts are not even worth the paper they are written on. And for people to say he should be cleared to a "higher League" is not a valid point. Would the same thing be said if Finley worked hard and signed Bongetti to a 2 year deal only to find out in January that he had decided to go to the O&M (higher league) for big dollars. The fact is there contracts were bought in to stop players jumping from one club to another chasing the dollars. Once you commit to the contract your bound to that club.

Nofearbrowny, do you really want to be beating your MFL chest over this case?

Lets not develop this one into a PDFNL v MFL debate.

Move on please fellas.

Finally what every woman wants solid, undeniable in black and white proof that men don't listen!!!!
Press copy and print.....
:D:D;)

Not at all !

Finley have never poached junior players. They have run a fantastic junior program for Years as they understand the importance of junior development. The fact that they have had such a strong junior program that players want to be involved with Is a credit to string and those that have put in so much work, the focus on community and not just football has held them in good stead.

Quick to pay yourself on the back roar but if your going to accuse a club of poaching players get your facts right.

And 80% of those kids did play in the 4ths premiership.

Finley have never poached junior players. They have run a fantastic junior program for Years as they understand the importance of junior development. The fact that they have had such a strong junior program that players want to be involved with Is a credit to string and those that have put in so much work, the focus on community and not just football has held them in good stead.

Quick to pay yourself on the back roar but if your going to accuse a club of poaching players get your facts right.

I believe that to be Bullshit .
Source :
Children's parents / clubs who have raised their concerns about the approaches .
No patting on the back just disappointed some do not consider what their actions are having on football in the whole area in general .
Where did the other 20 percent come from PDFNL clubs ??
Including from one club who was then forced to go the year without thirds meaning another 10 or 12 players didn't get a game . Add to that the likelyhood of locals missing out on playing in their home town they most likely had played their whole career with due to the recruitment of out of towners.
All of which are likely not to play footy again .
The old stuff you attitude .

Last edited:

Umm they approached my son when he was in under 17s a few years ago. Either check what is really happening or don't talk rubbish.

Stop embarrassing your club. Learn to respect and acknowledge the work of others and not put others down simply because you think you are better than them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eother give examples or don't slander clubs who put in program's that work. If kids Want to play with mates fair enough but to say the Finley footy club are recruiting junior players is complete and utter bullshit. You can say people have told me this people have told me that get some actuall names or pipe down. Finley have invested heavily in junior development and have had some success, your jealous attitude is ridiculous.

Umm they approached my son when he was in under 17s a few years ago. Either check what is really happening or don't talk rubbish.

Stop embarrassing your club. Learn to respect and acknowledge the work of others and not put others down simply because you think you are better than them.[/qEither

Exactly they didn't have a thirds team, so
He played in Finley with mates wasn't recruited. Any others your concerned about ??? The league medalist from toc also played 4ths in Finley.

Do u suggest that Finley tell these kids they can't come to the club ????? Your a peanut. They don't recruit juniors they also don't turn them away . They have created a junior environment that these kids want to play in. Try doing that before knocking the clubs that do it well.

Issue is dead your bitter.

I believe that to be Bullshit .
Source :
Children's parents / clubs who have raised their concerns about the approaches .
No patting on the back just disappointed some do not consider what their actions are having on football in the whole area in general .
Where did the other 20 percent come from PDFNL clubs ??
Including from one club who was then forced to go the year without thirds meaning another 10 or 12 players didn't get a game . Add to that the likelyhood of locals missing out on playing in their home town they most likely had played their whole career with due to the recruitment of out of towners.
All of which are likely not to play footy again .
The old stuff you attitude .

Exactly they didn't have a thirds team, so
He played in Finley with mates wasn't recruited. Any others your concerned about ??? The league medalist from toc also played 4ths in Finley.

Do u suggest that Finley tell these kids they can't come to the club ????? Your a peanut. They don't recruit juniors they also don't turn them away . They have created a junior environment that these kids want to play in. Try doing that before knocking the clubs that do it well.

Issue is dead your bitter.
Are you really suggesting I drag the name of then 16 year olds into this to suit your ego .
Some people have class and address these matters in the right manner which was done at the time and will continue to be done shall it arise again .
Don't go crowing on about how much better you are about a league when at the same time alot of time is put into recruiting/ poaching from that league .
If you think you are so much better don't recruit from there and back your own development program ????
Also before you go preaching to others about the ethics of recruitment / player contracts , it might be best to look in your own backyard !
You are deluded and are trying to muddle your way through a argument , including your heroic name calling to cover your lack of knowledge .

Last edited:
Eother give examples or don't slander clubs who put in program's that work. If kids Want to play with mates fair enough but to say the Finley footy club are recruiting junior players is complete and utter bullshit. You can say people have told me this people have told me that get some actuall names or pipe down. Finley have invested heavily in junior development and have had some success, your jealous attitude is ridiculous.

I said my son. Are you calling me a liar? I will not name my son on here. Geez you will sink to any depths.

I have no time for people like you who put others down because you think you are better than them. I have consistently said that.

Where have I criticised your junior development???? I haven't. In fact no one has.

I have no need to be jealous of your football club.

You are proving my argument, that your club lacks the ability to teach kids respect for others, with every post so I thank you for that.

Patting yourself on the back much huh? As nofearbrowny said self praise is no praise!!!

Have a nice day.

I said my son. Are you calling me a liar? I will not name my son on here. Geez you will sink to any depths.

I have no time for people like you who put others down because you think you are better than them. I have consistently said that.

Where have I criticised your junior development???? I haven't. In fact no one has.

You are proving my argument, that your club lacks the ability to teach kids respect for others, with every post so I thank you for that.

Patting yourself on the back much huh? As nofearbrowny said self praise is no praise!!!

Have a nice day.[/quote\\

You just ended your own argument at what point have i said that picola league clubs do not develop there juniors well, have had a lot of good players come out of both picola leagues. I simply stated that finley have a good junior programs it was in fact ROAR that said yeah because you poach players which is untrue. Get off your high horse, i never knocked any of those clubs excepts for to say when speaking abot senior football murray league is a fair bit higher in standard which serioulsy anyone who has watched enough of both knows is a fact.

You just ended your own argument at what point have i said that picola league clubs do not develop there juniors well, have had a lot of good players come out of both picola leagues. I simply stated that finley have a good junior programs it was in fact ROAR that said yeah because you poach players which is untrue. Get off your high horse, i never knocked any of those clubs excepts for to say when speaking abot senior football murray league is a fair bit higher in standard which serioulsy anyone who has watched enough of both knows is a fact.

I never mentioned anything about your junior development program being anything good or bad , due to recruiting from PDFNL .
You believe anyone should believe the MFL is of much higher standard .

I don't care if you believe it is or not, the fact is that it is a lower standard. Berrigan DROPPED down to the pivola league to be more competitive Tocumwal DROPPED down to the picola league to be more competitive. I'm not knocking it just stating a fact if you think the standard is equal your probably needing to watch a bit more.

I never mentioned anything about your junior development program being anything good or bad , due to recruiting from PDFNL .
You believe anyone should believe the MFL is of much higher standard .
care

I don't care if you believe it is or not, the fact is that it is a lower standard. Berrigan DROPPED down to the pivola league to be more competitive Tocumwal DROPPED down to the picola league to be more competitive. I'm not knocking it just stating a fact if you think the standard is equal your probably needing to watch a bit more.

Both yourself and nofearbrowny came on after the rovers game spruiking and started the whole junior bit from there. Roar responded with details.

respect is acknowledging good work. Both yourself and nofearbrowny in response to what roar posted about the league JD either gave a backhanded compliment or said stop patting yourself on the back.

Respect is realising the validity of contracts whether you think you are a better league or not.
Simply assuming you can void a contract on the sole basis that your league is ranked higher is presumptuous. This is what was the whole point of this debate?

None of us have said its equal standard. We are disagreeing on just how BIG as you put it the difference is. You have variances just between clubs just as we do.

At least you are now acknowledging that good players have come out of PDFNL. Thanks.

Plenty of good player have and will continue too. The main difference is the depth in sides in the leagues, and I was pointing out that going up a league is a valid reason for a clearance as it certainly has been in the past with Finley losing players to the gvfl and O&MFL I think having 2 year contracts in country football is not really going to work either but that's my opinion. Can't play there so if has to sit out would be disappointing.

I would also like to clarify that it was never stated about juniors only that a very young Finley beat rovers. The angst came when roar accused of poaching. Finley were down and out but worked bloody hard a d stuck it out in the murray league when the easy option was to drop down. They are now reaping the rewards for that hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back