Murray Football League - Season 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
I heard there was abit of a scoreboard mishap between Tonny & Mulwala on the weekend?? Was told with a couple of minutes to go it showed tonny was up by 2pts so they apparently tried to slow the play up then once the siren went they thought they had won only to see the ump's go over & correct the score & had them down by 4pts?? Then had a bit of a vocal slinging match between the two sides?? Can someone from either side confirm if this is true?? Pretty stiff if so?

It definitely happened, can't comment if there was any 'vocal slinging match' between the two sides, but the rest definitely happened.

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
It definitely happened, can't comment if there was any 'vocal slinging match' between the two sides, but the rest definitely happened.

I should've elaberated on that bit, from what i was told after the scores were reversed Tonny's celebrating obviously turned to disappointment & vice versa for Mulwala, then apparently thats when there was a few comments let fly about losing & the such!! Also was mentioned that a waterboy from each side got up close & personal?? Would've been a very weird situation for all involved I'd suggest??

viccountry

Rookie
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Just wondering toc seem to be playing alright here and there, whats news on them boys.? who were the man guys last weekend against Echuca!!

bigkev86

All Australian
Dec 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Barooga V Tocumwal 2 points

Euchca United V Rumba 28 points

Finley V Congupna 40 points (few outs at Catland this week)

Mulwala V Cobram 40 Points

Nathalia V Deniliquin 30 Points.

Numurkha v Moama 37 Points.

Witnessed Reid Crowe and Big Tom Seccul absolutely dominate last weekend down at Mercury drive. The latter must have taken 20 grabs.

diggerwilson

Debutant
Jan 14, 2009
Ardmona
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
BAROOGA 15pts v Tocumwal

Echuca United v RUMBALARA 38pts

FINLEY 54pts v Congupna

Mulwala v COBRAM 24pts

Nathalia v DENILIQUIN 3pts

Numurkah v MOAMA 49pts

sjwt

Rookie
May 25, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I see Tocumwal got up without Balraj contributing on the scoreboard!
And also a close encounter with Mulwala and top of the ladder Cobram

viccountry

Rookie
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Well i can say i went to watch that game on the weekend and tocumwal showed some talent if they keep playing with the passion they had on the weekend they could upset a few sides.. There just starting to put things together i think!!

diggerwilson

Debutant
Jan 14, 2009
Ardmona
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
VERY tight encounter. brilliant game to watch. :thumbsu: and im not tipping anymore, Im hopeless. :D

EDIT: Was sitting near the Mul Box, which was extremely "VOCAL", shall we say, might need to tone down a little me thinks. It's a family day remember. ;)

bigkev86

All Australian
Dec 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hope the double bye doesnt hurt the cats momentum much. The inclusion of KENNON and TWELFTREE after the bye should be good hopefully they can gell with the side straight away

bigkev86

All Australian
Dec 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Same KEV. But, I recon I'd rather it now, than later, LAST year didn't help at all with LAST round bye b4 the finals, straight sets.... :eek::(

Yeah that is an ordinary situation especially getting the week break for finishing on top. a reward turned into a punishment. Enjoying the time off I must admit, hopefully we see some close games today.

goodgolly24

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rumbalara
What in the world happened at the Cobram VS Tonny game?? I would have had it pegged as the match of the round, but the results on the VCFL site has Cobram 129 to Tonny 49.
Are the scores accurate? did Tonny suffer 4-6 injuries? Are Cobram that far in front of the comp? or did it all just click for them?
I went over to watch Tonny play against Nathalia a couple of weeks ago and came away thinking Tonny were a genuine contender. I don't doubt for a second that Cobram are the yard stick, but would of thought the Tonny would have been alittle more competitive maybe. In all fairness we copped a touch up from Finley a couple of weeks ago, and the result wasnt at all a reflection of where we are at as a team, as i assume the same goes for Tonny. But id love a bit of feed back from the game if anyone feels up to it??

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
agreed! was very surprised to see the score from that game, expected the Tigers to win, but not by that much!

Obviously there is still a long way to go but they're clearly a fair way in front of everyone else at this stage.

murray banks

Rookie
Jul 8, 2010
Northern Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
What in the world happened at the Cobram VS Tonny game?? I would have had it pegged as the match of the round, but the results on the VCFL site has Cobram 129 to Tonny 49.
Are the scores accurate? did Tonny suffer 4-6 injuries? Are Cobram that far in front of the comp? or did it all just click for them?
I went over to watch Tonny play against Nathalia a couple of weeks ago and came away thinking Tonny were a genuine contender. I don't doubt for a second that Cobram are the yard stick, but would of thought the Tonny would have been alittle more competitive maybe. In all fairness we copped a touch up from Finley a couple of weeks ago, and the result wasnt at all a reflection of where we are at as a team, as i assume the same goes for Tonny. But id love a bit of feed back from the game if anyone feels up to it??

Scoreboard flattered Tonny GG. Cobram also have four plus out who will come back in before finals.

diggerwilson

Debutant
Jan 14, 2009
Ardmona
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
too fast, too strong, too smart and wanted it more. I must say I liked the THEATRICALS of the odd Tonny player, I recon there might be a couple of LoGIE nominations in that one..........:rolleyes:

blues fan

Debutant
Aug 18, 2009
Tatura
AFL Club
Carlton
Future looking good for the MFL, well done to our Under 14 and Under 16 teams;
Moama Carnival champions both went through undefeated.

Congratulations to all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back