Murray Football League - Thirds (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathalia-
Harley Cobbldick
Corey Hicks
Jack Ryan

Rumba-
Braydn Bux
J.Bekhurst

Moama-
Jack Keogh
Grady Ward
Darcy Pogue

Cobram-
Cayden Williams
Paul Diretto
Dean Norris

Congupna-
Daniel Bowles
Luke Armstrong
Joe Dywer
B.J Squire

Numurkah-
Tom Scott
Beau Mckeown

Deni-
Ricky Gittens
Oliver Draffin
Kev Gittens

Finley-
Reid Crow
Jordan Daniels

Tongala-
Jake Keating
Jacob Gillie

Mulwala-
Bohdi Butts

Toc-
Jordan Haynes

Barooga-
Ben Simm
Tom Currie

Echuca-
Justin Cantwell
Damo Jefferson

Nathalia-
Harley Cobbldick
Corey Hicks
Jack Ryan

Rumba-
Anthony Weetra
Braydn Bux
J.Bekhurst
Winmar boys

Moama-
Jack Keogh
Grady Ward
Pogue

Cobram-
Cayden Williams
Paul Diretto
Dean Norris
Sam Gemmill
Harry Ukich

Congupna-
Daniel Bowles
Luke Armstrong
Joe Dywer
B.J Squire

Numurkah-
Tom Scott
Beau Mckeown
Tim Arnel
Kane Meichel
Nick Foz

Deni-
Ricky Gittens
Oliver Draffin
Kev Gittens
Barker

Finley-
Reid Crow
Jordan Daniels
Marcus Jackson
Kyle Crowe

Tongala-
Damin Cers
Jacob Gillie

Mulwala-
Bohdi Butts
Sean Johns
Brad Wilson
Beau Clarke

Barooga-
Ben Simm
Tom Currie
Sam Jenkins

Echuca-
Justin Cantwell
Damo Jefferson

mulwala
bradly wilson
sean johns
bohdi butts

rumba
jesse beckhurst
brayden bux
justin terlich

nathalia
jack ryan

congupna
joe dwyer
daniel bowles
luke armstrong
bj squire
ben peddretti

moama
darcy pogue
jack keoge
jack riley

barooga
ben sim
sam jenkins
artie dunno his actually name

cobram
caiden williams
paull dirreto
sam gemmil

toc
chriss patten

numurkah
beau mckweon
tom scott
kaine micheal

finley
jordan daniel
kial crowe
marcus jackson

tongala
jake keating
jack gillie

echuca u
justin cantwell
ricky waters

deni
kev gittins
ricky gittins
ash morris
ben nisbet

What's everyones thoughts of the leagues mercy rules which are affective immediately ?

I reckon its a load of s**t, if a team is bad them getting less game time isnt going to fix the problem + it would mess up the times of other games and just be a pain in the ass are they trying to make all the juniors coming throug quiters and soft utensils ? So yeah not a fan..:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I reckon its a load of s**t, if a team is bad them getting less game time isnt going to fix the problem + it would mess up the times of other games and just be a pain in the ass are they trying to make all the juniors coming throug quiters and soft utensils ? So yeah not a fan..:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
The way I read it, it won't effect the completetion time of games ?

The way I read it, it won't effect the completetion time of games ?

Who gives a s**t if it doesn't effect the times of other games, its bullshit to take away half a game of footy from kids who probably wanna actually finish a game off instead of playing 2 quarters. And how will anyone benefit from this? There feelings won't get hurt as bad cause the didn't lose by 100 points but they forfeit cause this s**t rule? i'd rather finish off the game and not quit then stop. MFL f'd up:thumbsdown:
icon8.gif

From what Understand it only goes to 2 quarters once one team is 60 points in front. Match Time left divided in half, Still play full time finsih normal time

Correct once a sides get ten goals in front , a few players from the dominant side join the struggling club and remaining time gets split in half , so later games aren't effected nor will the amount of time player be significantly effected !!

Who gives a s**t if it doesn't effect the times of other games, its bullshit to take away half a game of footy from kids who probably wanna actually finish a game off instead of playing 2 quarters. And how will anyone benefit from this? There feelings won't get hurt as bad cause the didn't lose by 100 points but they forfeit cause this s**t rule? i'd rather finish off the game and not quit then stop. MFL f'd up:thumbsdown:
icon8.gif

Your right to take away half a game would be wrong , but the rule introduced doesn't take away half a game ??

Your right to take away half a game would be wrong , but the rule introduced doesn't take away half a game ??

i have been told a lot of different things about this rule... is it only toc and rumba? could you post the rule on the thread? couldnt find it on mfls website but i cant find anything...

one of my mates said to me today i play for numurkah not for toc if they pick me i will go inside and have a shower.. i think alot of people would do this.
and what if a club were outta the 6 by percentage and if they win by 100+ they play finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have been told a lot of different things about this rule... is it only toc and rumba? could you post the rule on the thread? couldnt find it on mfls website but i cant find anything...

one of my mates said to me today i play for numurkah not for toc if they pick me i will go inside and have a shower.. i think alot of people would do this.
and what if a club were outta the 6 by percentage and if they win by 100+ they play finals?

Under14 - Tocumwal and Rumbalara Under 17 - Tocumwal and Nathalia

RULES:

1) The Mercy rule is implemented immediately the team playing the above teams
reaches/exceeds 60 points in front.

2) The scores at this point will be submitted to the league as the FINAL SCORE,
no further scores will be added to the scoreboard.

Back of scorecard is to be divided and used once the 60 point margin has been
reached.

3) Leading Goal Kickers and Best & Fairest votes will continue over the entire match

4) Coaches to even out teams by mutual agreement for the remainder of the game.

Once teams have been organised the remaining time is to be:
divided equally for 2 halves of football, allowing for a 2 minute changeover.

Under 14 Games MUST still finish by 10:35am

Under 17 Games MUST still finish by 12:05pm

Nathalia and Rumba have apparently rejected the offer and will not be enforcing th4e rule when sides play them ?

Under14 - Tocumwal and Rumbalara Under 17 - Tocumwal and Nathalia

RULES:

1) The Mercy rule is implemented immediately the team playing the above teams
reaches/exceeds 60 points in front.

2) The scores at this point will be submitted to the league as the FINAL SCORE,
no further scores will be added to the scoreboard.

Back of scorecard is to be divided and used once the 60 point margin has been
reached.

3) Leading Goal Kickers and Best & Fairest votes will continue over the entire match

4) Coaches to even out teams by mutual agreement for the remainder of the game.

Once teams have been organised the remaining time is to be:
divided equally for 2 halves of football, allowing for a 2 minute changeover.

Under 14 Games MUST still finish by 10:35am

Under 17 Games MUST still finish by 12:05pm

Nathalia and Rumba have apparently rejected the offer and will not be enforcing th4e rule when sides play them ?

good on em were playin footy not soccer.

This mercy rule is a load of s**t, nothing better than going out and smashing a team by 30+ goals. This is a bullshit rule and the league really need to pull there heads in!!!!!!!!

This mercy rule is a load of s**t, nothing better than going out and smashing a team by 30+ goals. This is a bullshit rule and the league really need to pull there heads in!!!!!!!!

yeah its a load of crap congupna had eight goals with ten minutes to go in the first quater and had to stop and do circle work and kick to kick in the backline so they could play more than a quater of footy its piss weak the rule

yeah its a load of crap congupna had eight goals with ten minutes to go in the first quater and had to stop and do circle work and kick to kick in the backline so they could play more than a quater of footy its piss weak the rule

No so, according to the rules on the mfl website the game continues after a change of players and finishes at 12:05 as normal.

No so, according to the rules on the mfl website the game continues after a change of players and finishes at 12:05 as normal.

Only a proper quarter though. When they stop the game pick 5 of your best players itll just be s**t, what if they won cause of that ? its a s**t rule:thumbsdown:

Only a proper quarter though. When they stop the game pick 5 of your best players itll just be s**t, what if they won cause of that ? its a s**t rule:thumbsdown:

My understanding is that once the game has reached a situation where the game has reached a margin of 60 points the game is winner is given the points . So after the players change sides the score freezes , so the result doesn't change !
I don't know the complete circumstances surrounding the decision but it appears it may have support from clubs at previous meetings. It's appears it is a trial and with that in mind and provided it doesn't influence the fortunes of opposing clubs or players , I don't think it's that bad a move . Before people jump up and down, keep in mind I said if ,
- It's a trial, meaning it will be reviewed at seasons end .
- Majority of clubs have supported such a move.
I don't think there is nothing worst than a club not being able to field a side , in particular junior side , for the club involved or opposing clubs . If this was the last resort , well I certainly think it's better than no game ?

My understanding is that once the game has reached a situation where the game has reached a margin of 60 points the score freezes , so the result doesn't change !
I don't know the complete circumstances surrounding the decision, but it appears it may have had the support from clubs at previous meetings. It appears it is a trial and with that in mind and provided it doesn't influence the fortunes of opposing clubs or players , I don't think it's that bad a move . Before people jump up and down, keep in mind I said if ,
- It's a trial, meaning it will be reviewed at seasons end .
- Majority of clubs have supported such a move.
I don't think there is anything worst, for the club involved or opposition , than a club not being able to field a side , in particular junior side . If this was the last resort , I certainly think it's better than no game .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back