Other Music Appreciation

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Armchair Endzone - Music Appreciation Thread

Old school selection here: Thundering Hearts by John Cougar Mellencamp.

I even put together a vid on YOU TUBE a couple years ago but the YOU TUBE law enforcers bounced it. I think the NFL footage was TOO MUCH! :rolleyes:

Here's another genre... won't bore you with the full clip.. just a snippet of what the theme is to one of the stadium tunes of my fantasy football teams..

[YOUTUBE]V4J6HbgXg9E&hl[/YOUTUBE]

going to be a little different from the get go..........this is a piece of music from ennio morricone called ecstasy of gold. it pumps me up! comes from my favourite film - the good, the bad, the ugly (there's another appreciation thread idea g ;)) -and metallica have also used it forever to open their live shows. here it is in its original setting from the film GBU.

[YOUTUBE]GdNh9f2Wwm0[/YOUTUBE]

also check out the metallica version and the ennio morricone live concert version with the soprano in the red dress......both in the related videos scroll.

for years i imagined it a great song to play prior to the start of a football game.....it exudes suspense and grandeur. then an ad agency actually gets a remixed version and incorporates it into the 'fate' nike ad with LT and Polamalu. :thumbsu:

[YOUTUBE]jlXRengzZoc[/YOUTUBE]

Got that Jim Morrison style about him on Danzing . Thanx for sharing GG.

Ministry very impressive as well. Thanx again.

Here's a recent tune from one of my stable bands I've been a long time fan of.

Infact this tune was 'strongly tempted' to be used for the AE promo..

C'mon, C'mon, Check it out..

Throw back 70's tune influence no doubt.

Can't find it, and its probabaly not the best fitting song ever, but I have always chuckled at how much Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds song 'Sunday's Slave' feels like it was written about football :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like GG Allin too.
So far been showing lots of "hardcore" stuff, but i like many things. Bowie, Floyd, PiL, New Order, etc etc.
I mean you DID name yourself after him :D (Well thats what I thought when I first say your name)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back