Music elitism - have your say

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, I'm jrussell.

I'm a music elitist when discussing matters with Schism however I much prefer listening to Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga and The Black Eyed Peas.

I am a music elitist and the greatest bands ever are:

Metallica (My = number 1)
Megadeth (My = number 1)
The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
ACDC
The Who
Iron Maiden
Queen
Black Sabbath

Of course, I like other bands, but these are the most influential and greatest.

And in recent times the only band I consider good (very good in fact) is:
Mastodon

Other new music is ****ing pitiful.

This is why I am a music elitist.

Megadeth (My = number 1)
The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
ACDC
The Who
Iron Maiden
Queen
Black Sabbath

Mastodon

8de09-NotSureIfSerious.jpg

My musical tastes would probably lend themselves to me being a bit of an indie elitist w***er, but I'm actually quite tolerant of all different kinds of music, don't really see anything I don't like as a 'lesser form' (everything has someone it appeals to somehow, or else it wouldn't be maintaining public exposure), and understand that some people simply have different tastes to others. I don't really get annoyed with newer fans of bands that have 'sold out' and 'gone commercial' or anything like that either. I like what I like for my own reasons, and what other people like is up to them.

Megadeth (My = number 1)
The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
ACDC
The Who
Iron Maiden
Queen
Black Sabbath

Mastodon

over rated - hi my name is Brodie and I'm a music elitist

I'm elitist because I think Alice In Chains are not the same without Layne.

I'm elitist because I think anything with a 3/4 and/or 4/4 time signature is boring, simplistic rubbish.

I'm elitist because I think QOTSA went soft after their self titled.

I'm elitist because I actually don't like QOTSA as Kyuss are where it's at.

I'm elitist because I think Muse haven't been the same since Absolution.

I'm elitist because I think Mr Bungle were way cooler than Faith No More ever were/ever will be.

I'm elitist because I think Pink Floyd were a better band with Syd Barrett.

I'm elitist because I think anything to do with MTV is a tool of the devil. So therefore, I no longer like The Flaming Lips.

I'm elitist because I think Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief are Radiohead's best albums and Pablo Honey is their worst.

I'm elitist because I think Tool are so much better than Metallica and no one understands me.

I'm elitist because I think 70s flute prog is far superior to Porcupine Wee, Opeth, Dream Theater and Rush.

I'm elitist because I think Metalcore is shithouse and has got nothing on real Metal such as Black and Doom Metal.

I'm elitist because I think KoL definitely sold out with their latest album (whatever it's called).

I'm elitist because I think Metallica haven't released anything good since the 80s.

I'm elitist because I don't like Jet and Wolfmother, which also means I suffer from tall poppy syndrome.

I'm elitist because I think The Beatles are the only band in the world.

I'm elitist because I think Billy Corgan lost his mind a long, long time ago.

I'm elitist because I think punk only ever existed in Britain in the late 70s.

I'm elitist because I think Guy Sebastian's last album was better than that other album he did at some stage.

And so forth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi my name is Tim.

I have witnessed beyond elitism.

You eventually get to a point where it turns full circle.

As a metalhead I happily admit that I like Evanescence, Linkin Park and Slipknot just to be more elite than the elites. Other people don't get it though, so it seems I'm just a non-elite. However, that works in my favour - what is more elite than only me knowing about it. And because it's ME who is the one who knows it, that in turn it makes it even more elite. So as you can see my levels of elitism are in an infinite loop, making me the perfect and only true Elité.

I'm sorry to have shattered the dreams of any finite elitists out there.

Now, run along and listen to Anathema.
Thanks.

I once abandoned a 10,000+ play last.fm account because of a single, accidental coldplay scrobble...which i deleted all evidence of anyway. In my eyes the account was tainted so i left it for dead like a car crash victim pinned to their steering wheel gurgling blood.

I once abandoned a 10,000+ play last.fm account because of a single, accidental coldplay scrobble...which i deleted all evidence of anyway. In my eyes the account was tainted so i left it for dead like a car crash victim pinned to their steering wheel gurgling blood.

I think it's cool you listen to Coldplay personally Schism..

Schism must know what Tiger Woods feels like. After that Coldplay scrobble, some say his image has been forever tainted. Now we are just waiting for other links to mainstream bands to come out.

Watch this space :D

I saw that scrobble with my own eyes.

That will never hold up in court without corroboration. Also i can produce my own witnesses to state that the scrobble was in fact by another family member after i forgot to disable scrobbling on a shared laptop.

If that fails i'll simply turn to witness intimidation.

Said family member once scrobbled several jimmy barnes tracks to an account of mine. That account got deleted entirely!

That will never hold up in court without corroboration. Also i can produce my own witnesses to state that the scrobble was in fact by another family member after i forgot to disable scrobbling on a shared laptop.

If that fails i'll simply turn to witness intimidation.

Said family member once scrobbled several jimmy barnes tracks to an account of mine. That account got deleted entirely!

Yuk.

That's pretty much the reason my family don't get near my computer.

Wouldn't want my dad scrobbling James Blunt or anything:eek:

My sister scrobbled My Chemical Romance, Nickelback, The Veronicas and all sorts of other crap to my account a few years ago. Still don't know how my last fm was logged on under my account in her user profile. Thankfully the account wasn't known to anyone who would use that against me (and the account had scrobbles that I find just as crap as the aforementioned now)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back