Music you are listening to at the moment thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just throwing it out there ?? Couldn't say I am the world's biggest fan, but have spun a couple of their records a bunch of times. Definitely an influential Aussie band !!
Out of Aussie music bands, what are some of your favourites from which decades?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of Aussie music bands, what are some of your favourites from which decades?

A quick list of the top of my head :

Current - Helm, The Matador, Dumbsaint, Balloons Kill Babies, Dead Letter Circus, Karnivool, The Mercy Beat, Ninth Of May, Angels Ink
2000's - Cog, Motor Ace, The Butterfly Effect, Something For Kate, Area 7, Faker, 78 Saab, 28 Days, George
1990's - Grinspoon, Silverchair, Jebediah, Not From There, Regurgitator, Frenzal Rhomb, Eskimoe Joe, Bodyjar, Big Heavy Stuff, Sidewinder, Sunk Loto, Screamfeeder Pollyanna
Earlier - The Go-Betweens, Midnight Oil, Nick Cave/The Birthday Party/Boys Next Door, The Church, Hunters and Collectors, Crowded House (yep I'm claiming them!!)

I could think about it and come up with a bunch more, I'm sure. Let's see your list !!

A quick list of the top of my head :

Current - Helm, The Matador, Dumbsaint, Balloons Kill Babies, Dead Letter Circus, Karnivool, The Mercy Beat, Ninth Of May, Angels Ink
2000's - Cog, Motor Ace, The Butterfly Effect, Something For Kate, Area 7, Faker, 78 Saab, 28 Days, George
1990's - Grinspoon, Silverchair, Jebediah, Not From There, Regurgitator, Frenzal Rhomb, Eskimoe Joe, Bodyjar, Big Heavy Stuff, Sidewinder, Sunk Loto, Screamfeeder Pollyanna
Earlier - The Go-Betweens, Midnight Oil, Nick Cave/The Birthday Party/Boys Next Door, The Church, Hunters and Collectors, Crowded House (yep I'm claiming them!!)

I could think about it and come up with a bunch more, I'm sure. Let's see your list !!
Wow, I'm way more mainstream. Kudos to you!
I think rather than list I will add on if ok?
2000's - Jet, Wolfmother, The Vines. One of my favourite albums from this period was Nick Barker: Happy man
1990's - The Cruel Sea, Baby Animals, Tumbleweed, Spiderbait, Living End, Front End Loader, Dave Graney
1980's - Divynls, Sunnyboys, Hoodoos, Chisel, Black Sorrows, Oils.
Earlier - Angels, Skyhooks, The Easybeats, Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, The Masters Apprentices.
Admittedly I haven't listen to much Post 2000 Oz Rock. I'm more of a 70's and 80' listener ATM.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back