Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
We all have our musical likes and dislikes, but amongst all that music, there must be a few tunes that you would never reveal a liking for to your mates.

I go on a lot of anti- pop tirades around these boards, but I must say, I do have a slight soft spot for 90's pop music, perhaps more of a nostalgic element than anything though.

So, lets all reveal our musical sins :D

70's prog

I think it's the finest form of music going around. nothing can compare to the ethereal lyrics, melodic bass lines and ever changing time signatures.

it truly is the music of the gods

Pop songs from any era.

I don't follow the top 40 it follows me. At times if a song comes on when I'm out shopping I can't leave the shop or get out of my car until it is finished especially if it is a song not heard for a dog's age.

Perhaps because one doesn't over expose themselves to a certain type of music makes one better appreciate or at least enjoy the tune in the short term. The novelty wears off the quickest when it comes to pop music.

I consider my love of Divinyls music as a guilty pleasure. From an early age the distinctive guitar playing of Mark McEntee and the female voice like noneother stuck in my head and when the band briefly reformed I jumped at the chance to go and see them. Whilst not quite the performers they were during the 80's it was great to see these two after so many years. Like them or not they were one of our most original and electrifying acts in their prime and they really could have been massive worldwide but it was the way they were (attitudes, drugs, booze, bickering) that made them both suceed and fail as a group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.last.fm/user/julian_03

I don't delete anything, that just defeats the purpose of last.fm really and is the sign of a music snob.

Artists that may be considered 'guilty pleasures' that I like
No Doubt
Lily Allen
The Ting Tings

Sure theres more, but can't think of them atm.

Kelly Clarkson

I flicked onto the film Pretty in Pink the other day. I sat through it so I could here the song 'If you leave' by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back