FTA-TV My Kitchen Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the docror and the lawyer-they say what they think to the other contestants (not just to a private TV camera) so they're not hypocrites, they score other teams fairly and they can cook. The reason they've been treated appallingly is because of homophobia. They got the second highest score from the judges in their group and the lowest from their fellow contestants. Pretty see through.

I would think most people nowadays do not give much thought to other people's sexuality.

But pompous behaviour pisses people off.

I saw on a tv show somewhere about resting it for 1/2 the cooking time and i thought the same thing about it going cold. This chef on the show says you then just reheat it for a couple of minutes before serving. Meat still remains juicy and tender as its only a very quick reheat.

(it may have been that red haired bloke from 'the boys weekend' and 'good chef/bad chef')

The reason they've been treated appallingly is because of homophobia.
You're trolling.
They got the second highest score from the judges in their group and the lowest from their fellow contestants. Pretty see through.
Prove it. MKR site doesn't appear to keep a record of the scores. And the Wiki page is well behind.
I would think most people nowadays do not give much thought to other people's sexuality.

But pompous behaviour pisses people off.
Yeah this.

Simon & Meg did much better 2nd time around.

From the other competitors: 33/50

From the judges: 44/60 - consistant range of 7's all dishes with a couple of 8's from Peter.

Total" 77

Well, 3 of the 5 couples made honest assessments of the food. As malicious as Peter and Gary have been this series, this is probably the first time that maliciousness has come through in their scoring, and Thomas and Carla WTF - giving them a 5. That is just pure spite and they should be ashamed of the way they're carrying on.

Tonight Thomas confirmed what a true knob he is. He should be embarrassed and the sooner he is off the show the better.

Actually tought he obnoxious Queenslanders were fair in their comments. I suppose even they can get sick of being tools all the time.

Actually tought he obnoxious Queenslanders were fair in their comments. I suppose even they can get sick of being tools all the time.

It's all in the editing. In the last two nights they decided to show them joking around a bit, making more positive comments, asking questions etc. There's no reason to believe they weren't doing the same in the first round. It's just that this week Thomas and Carla are the bad guys...you probably only want one 'nasty' couple at a time on this sort of show, so this week the doctor and lawyer get a more balanced edit.

They're not being given the villain edit because Thomas and Carla are getting the villain edit this round.

They've probably always been like this in their commenting.

Tonight Thomas confirmed what a true knob he is. He should be embarrassed and the sooner he is off the show the better.

He is not smart enough to get the vibe from the judges and other guests, and that his comments just make him look like a fool.

The only way Thomas and Carla can sabotage the game is if the food is awful and the other teams go along with them. The other teams will judge the food on it's merits, so unless they can get the other teams on side to score low they really don't have a chance, and i don't think the other teams are as dumb as Thomas and Carla and won't fall for it.

Will only one team be eliminated? If so, no one else will score less than 50.

The wiki page has been updated with scores for the whole season so far:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Kitchen_Rules_(season_3)#Instant_Restaurant_Round

... which confirms what Saintland said earlier: "[Peter & Gary] got the second highest score from the judges in their group and the lowest from their fellow contestants." However, there has been no evidence that the other contestants are treating them differently because of their sexuality.

They're not being given the villain edit because Thomas and Carla are getting the villain edit this round.

They've probably always been like this in their commenting.

This.

It was obvious last round when they were in practically every section of commentary, but noticeably absent from the Adelaide boys 10/10 dessert bit, when the editors clearly couldnt find anything negative from them to include.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elimination cook off 3. Megan & Andy from Tassie.

Emma & Andrew scored 6
Peter & Gary scored 6
David & Scott scored 7
Thomas & Carla scored 7
Simon & Meg scored 6
Total: 32

Manu scored it 8,8, and 5 = 21

Pete scored 9,9,and 5 = 22

Total 75 and 2 points off Simon & Meg

Not a bad effort.

For all their negative talk Thomas & Carla scored higher than most of the other couples.

For all their negative talk Thomas & Carla scored higher than most of the other couples.

Yes, that was interesting. I reckon they are picking their battles and realised that tonight's meal was decent and going to score well. Looks like the WA couple are in trouble tomorrow night and Thomas and Carla plan to give them a low score to save themselves.

Yes, that was interesting. I reckon they are picking their battles and realised that tonight's meal was decent and going to score well. Looks like the WA couple are in trouble tomorrow night and Thomas and Carla plan to give them a low score to save themselves.

Last time that they played that card in advertising Dr. Evil and his buddy gave good scores in comparison.

Still, I reckon you're right this time.

Yep - if it clearly is a good meal, scoring them low will have no real benefit as they only account for 11% of the vote. If anything goes close to the shitness of their meal, giving them a zero for example may get them over the line.

Yep - if it clearly is a good meal, scoring them low will have no real benefit as they only account for 11% of the vote. If anything goes close to the shitness of their meal, giving them a zero for example may get them over the line.

Correct, and i also think the other teams may be more generous, as they are all onto Thomas and Carla's plans.

Whenever he opens his mouth I want to punch Thomas in the face. Really, really hard.
My brother watched the show for the first time this week. I swear, he said these exact words.

I have to say, I had a similar reaction on first impressions. There's a smugness about him that's unwarranted.

Whenever he opens his mouth I want to punch Thomas in the face. Really, really hard.

I am a very passive person, and never thrown a punch in my life, but every time I watch the show, I have those exact thoughts.

And she isn't much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back