PC2011/12RP My Player Seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for not updating, guys!

Season 2025:

2hhiy6v.png

Bloody hell. Best of all time by a country mile!!!

Hoping he will get to 2100 goals, but I'm doubtful. 34 during the season, should be his last. 613 goals ahead of Tony Lockett's 1360, so he has him covered easily.

I dunno, he might be able to do it. Seems to be an extremely consistent player.

Managed to kick another 120+ goals, and didn't retire at the end of the season either. 400 gamer.

Wow, could potentially break Michael Tuck's record if he keeps going. Why would he retire if he keeps kicking over 100 goals a season at such an age as his? :O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 2028 and 2029 Statistics:

2e4dq9u.png

Tanner Alderson Career Records:

24vjp95.png

Tanner Alderson Career Awards:

2nu6kwn.png

Metro%20Solar.jpg
Richmond supporters are today, shattered and overwhelmed with emotion, as Gun Forward Tanner Alderson has decided to hang up his boots, aged 35, after 18 years at AFL level. Alderson retires as the record holder for All Time Games played, at 428, and All Time Goals kicked with 2242 goals. After his press conference, Tanner caught up with Roar Vision to give us his thoughts.​
Well Tanner, it must certainly be a very emotional day for you. Have you been thinking of retiring for a while, or was it something you decided on only recently?
Yeah, it is very emotional. You know, I'm 35 years old now, and I knew the end was going to be around the corner. I had a feeling last year that my body was starting to fail, and that it was taken longer to recover after every game. I knew going into this season that it was going to be my last, so I guess I had known for a while retirement was on the cards at the end of this season.​
You retire this season, regarded as the greatest player to have ever played AFL. What do you think of the plaudits you are receiving, not only from your peers now, but past greats of the game?
I really don't think that I am the greatest to have played the game. I feel that I had a very successful AFL career because of the people around me enabled me to do so. Without players such as Lids (Brett Deledio), Cotchy (Trent Cotchin), Flossy (Nick Vlastuin), and Foggs (William Foggo) kicking the ball down my throat, lace out, I wouldn't have kicked as many goals as I did. The Medical Team and the Coaching staff also managed me with exceptional professionalism, allowing me to get up for every game, fresh and raring to go. They have been amazing, and I'm thankful to have been part of such an awesome, close-knit, successful club.​
Looking back at such an awe inspiring career, what was the biggest highlight of your career for yourself, being that there are so many moments you could choose from?
Absolutely, there are countless. I could say winning the first of my twelve premierships, or the first time I kicked one hundred goals in a season, but the biggest highlight of my career will always be running out, Round 7, 2012 for my very first of four hundred and twenty eight AFL games, against Hawthorn. I remember the roar of the crowd as I ran out of the race and onto the turf of the MCG, and I remember feeling overwhelmed, until Lids patted me on the back, and told me to enjoy it. I remember taking a handful of contested marks, and when I kicked my first goal late in the third quarter, I remember the roar of the Tiger faithful, and the celebrations of my teammates, and I remembered thinking that this was what I wanted to do, for as long as I could.​
And you certainly did it for as long as you could. 18 seasons you played for, playing 428 of a possible 450 games. Impressive when you consider you missed 9 of those in your first 2 seasons, with you playing VFL for 6 games, and an achilles injury that sidelined you for 3 weeks. In the 16 seasons since, you missed 13 games. Remarkably durable and well disciplined.
I can't take the credit for it. Our fitness and conditioning department have to take all the credit there. They managed my workload through the week, and made sure I recovered properly after every game. Their professionalism meant that I was at a lower risk of injuring myself, because my body was well rested before every game. They made sure I stretched myself properly as well. They have been great. And in regards to the discipline, i knew how important I was to the side, particularly earlier on as guys like Joel Deledio and Johnathon Whitmarsh were developing, so I knew that I shouldn't do anything stupid that would see the team suffer because I did something irresponsible. That philosophy is something I tried to instil into the playing group when I was appointed captain. The guys really seemed to relate to it, being such a close club, they didn't really want to feel like they let the club, and the boys down.​
You were appointed captain in 2016, replacing Trent Cotchin. That must have been a massive honour.
Absolutely. You know, I was elected as Cotch's vice captain in 2014, after only 2 seasons at AFL level, which showed how highly the coaches and my peers rated me, as a role model and as a leader, and I thought Cotch was doing a fantastic job as captain, so it came as a bit of a shock to not only myself, but the rest of the playing group when Cotch decided to hand the reigns over. At the club, every player votes on who they think should be the next captain, and I was extremely humbled when it came back unanimously that I was chosen to lead the club. It was one of the best moments of my career, to be perfectly honest.​
Of course, 2016 was a fantastic season for both yourself and the club, with yourself becoming a Premiership Captain. The first of what will be 10 premierships as captain. What was that like?
Oh, it was amazing. Winning a premiership is the ultimate pinnacle in the AFL, and it is what every player strives for. Standing up on that podium, in front of a sea of yellow and black in full force was a scene that I will cherish forever, and whilst I won 12, and every one of them I am thankful for, that first one, in my first season as captain, will always be my favourite, especially after the pain the club ahs gone through over the years. It was just a sweet feeling seeing fans crying with joy, and knowing that you played such a large part in making someone that happy.​
And now that you have retired, what are you going to miss?
I'm going to miss running out, each and every week to the adoration and support of the Tiger Army, as well as playing with the mates that I have made along the way. They are friends that I take with me wherever I go, and they will be friends for life. Same with the coaching panel. They have given me such wonderful support and insight and they will always be with me. But most importantly, I am going to miss just going out there, doing something I love, each and every week. AFL has given me so much to be thankful for, and I am thankful to the Richmond Football Club for giving me the opportunity to have such a wonderful career.​
And now that the playing days are over, what are your plans now?
Well, it's funny you should ask. I've actually signed on to be the Forward Coach at the Richmond Football club, so I guess you are going to be stuck with me for a little while longer. I feel that with the rapport I have with the boys, I can help them get the best out of themselves. After everything the AFL has given me, I want to get into coaching, and give some back to the fans. This role I have at the Tigers will certainly allow me a stepping stone to get into the coaching landscape, as well as sticking around the club I love.​
Here's hoping one day we see you in the Richmond coaching box, Tanner. All the best for the next chapter of your life, and congratulations on such a wonderful career. Not only a true Tiger Legend, but also an AFL legend and the greatest and most decorated player in the history of our great game.
Thanks very much.​

I'd love to get stuck into the game again but I tried what Uncustom said would work and the game just does not want to work. So disappointed as I'd love to try and better that.

Just a question Grocka mate, did you simulate the matches he was in or actually play them? If he also played that many games, he must have been pretty injury free? Astounding career.

Bump. With more people playing PC, would love to see if anyone can end up with a better player then this.

Just noticed the list of games played. Also helps that your full back also played 360 odd games. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back