Unofficial Preview N.A.B. Challenge 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't as much about the first game is it is for what we see our approach to be leading into the series.
I don't think it will be as much about seeing 46 players through the NAB Challenge, as it will be a trialing period for some of what Mick wants to see.

What we currently know:

1. Walker & Giles won't be available for injury. Walker will be pushing to start round 1 in April.
2. Boekhorst is being strongly considered and will likely play in the first game in W.A.
3. We'll be very keen to get games into the recruits; Jones, Tutt and Whiley who are all fit and good to go.
4. Kreuzer is likely to spend some time forward.

What we may assume:

1. Cripps & Smith may also be taken to W.A. for the first game.
2. We'll balance the side out over the three games and possibly give Judd & Carrazzo only limited game time.
3. Not all players will get a game.
4. Warnock & Wood will both be used through the series.
5. Jaksch may not be ready to play in this series.
6. Our new/refined game style will be on display.
7. New positions will be trialed for some players.

Anything else?

Our first game may show up a line-up something like this:
upload_2015-1-19_11-51-19.png

I guess some of those guys could easily be rotated around.

I don't think there will be much need to play anyone in three games, which would then have us using a minimum of ~36 players to use, given the extra interchanges afforded to clubs through the series.
You'd also imagine that the freshest players would be the ones to front in game 1.

Would be very happy should Walker play even half a game. That would be a bonus.

This isn't as much about the first game is it is for what we see our approach to be leading into the series.
I don't think it will be as much about seeing 46 players through the NAB Challenge, as it will be a trialing period for some of what Mick wants to see.

What we currently know:

1. Walker & Giles won't be available for injury. Walker will be pushing to start round 1 in April.
2. Boekhorst is being strongly considered and will likely play in the first game in W.A.
3. We'll be very keen to get games into the recruits; Jones, Tutt and Whiley who are all fit and good to go.
4. Kreuzer is likely to spend some time forward.

What we may assume:

1. Cripps & Smith may also be taken to W.A. for the first game.
2. We'll balance the side out over the three games and possibly give Judd & Carrazzo only limited game time.
3. Not all players will get a game.
4. Warnock & Wood will both be used through the series.
5. Jaksch may not be ready to play in this series.
6. Our new/refined game style will be on display.
7. New positions will be trialed for some players.

Anything else?

Our first game may show up a line-up something like this:
View attachment 103784

Harks a question I meant to ask the other day when it was first announced. I am baffled by the club announcement re Boekhorst. It is the NAB Cup so I would have thought we would all expect that he and many other of the new younger guys will get a run. Why did they announce it in such a way that it made it seem like he will be debuting in round one against the Tigers in front of 90K! Seemed very odd to me and did not make a lot of sense??

Am I missing something?

Harks a question I meant to ask the other day when it was first announced. I am baffled by the club announcement re Boekhorst. It is the NAB Cup so I would have thought we would all expect that he and many other of the new younger guys will get a run. Why did they announce it in such a way that it made it seem like he will be debuting in round one against the Tigers in front of 90K! Seemed very odd to me and did not make a lot of sense??

Am I missing something?

I didn't get the impression it was so much about Boekhorst playing round 1 as it was about him going to Perth for the first NAB game.
Of course Blaine would love to play round one and that is his aim............as it would be for about 40 of his team-mates.

Boekhorst was a very specific target though and given his age, you wouldn't think that the CFC took him with the idea of let's develop him for a couple of years and see how it goes. They want him ready to go in April.

I didn't get the impression it was so much about Boekhorst playing round 1 as it was about him going to Perth for the first NAB game.
Of course Blaine would love to play round one and that is his aim............as it would be for about 40 of his team-mates.

Boekhorst was a very specific target though and given his age, you wouldn't think that the CFC took him with the idea of let's develop him for a couple of years and see how it goes. They want him ready to go in April.

Agreed but I just didn't understand the significance of a NAB Cup game, seemed like they were blowing it up a bit considering it is just a practice game and most years a lot of players end up getting a run.

Agreed but I just didn't understand the significance of a NAB Cup game, seemed like they were blowing it up a bit considering it is just a practice game and most years a lot of players end up getting a run.

Maybe a PR for the masses thing? As in people were quite vocal in their dissatisfaction at his selection, maybe it's preemptive? "Don't worry you guys, you can see him play soon and then you'll understand why we picked him!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a PR for the masses thing? As in people were quite vocal in their dissatisfaction at his selection, maybe it's preemptive? "Don't worry you guys, you can see him play soon and then you'll understand why we picked him!"

Yeah fair point and perhaps that is it. Just seemed unusual as I reckon most people don't put a lot of currency on getting a NAB Cup game.

Played his best games running out of the backline last year but then again who can play as a forward with the NB's?

Club is very happy with him and that's what really matters.
Just love that we can potentially have three quality players in our side for free. Sheehan IMO can be a better defensive version of Walker in 2013.

Yep. All have pretty high ceilings.
Just hope they have a little patience.
Noticed Sheehan was showing some of his Irish buddies around the club...most of them seem to just be on holiday but I'm sure Macca and Rogers gave them a good tour.

Anyway, back on the NAB Challenge...really hope the coaching staff give Buckley a good go in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back