Preview NAB 3: Saints vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's got the feeling that he thinks a No 1 draft pick should be Coleman Medallist, Brownlow Medalist, Miss World and Miss Universe and Nobel Peace prize winner before you're 20

I agree somewhat, but you've got to admit that our skills are diabolical, even when our blokes are in 20m of open space! And that shouldn't happen regardless of who you're playing against

I remember us playing WCE in about 2008 or 09 and we put so much pressure on them they just messed up everything even when the pressure wasn't direct. Sometimes you just get into a pressured mindset and rush and never settle. We have a heap of guys under 20 games against the reining premier, perspective would be good.

I was pretty sure we'd be last this year again , not because I want us to but because we are not good yet . Today just confirms it . Hopefully this will be our last spoon year for another decade .

Would be shocked if we don't we the spoon, but we need to be better than this or we will never attract any good recruits. Furthermore once losing becomes second nature, it is very hard to get any belief back. Have a look at the faces of our players, they are like a deer in the headlights. Very few think they belong at this level. Sure it's NAB cup but our blokes can't even hit a handpass from 5m unless they are literally 20m in the clear. Even then it is no certainty.

Personally I think we will get worse before we get better. We are looking at 4 of our best 5 players Reiwoldt, Fisher, Montagna & Dempster going over the next 2 years. We are all in love with our young players, but the reality is every club has good young players. Blokes like Acres, Templeton & even Billings to a certain degree are yet to prove they are going to be gun players. Dunston is probably the only exception for me. Reality is, we are very much a solid chance of the spoon for the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Just losing in the clearances and hard ball. Our tackles are up. So it's our skills and ability to work into space. Yes there have been some bad clangers but this game is something they can use. Lets see who stands up in the second half. I'm looking at you jack steven, or newness or dunstan..... chance to make a statement.

I think jack has stood up with his 20 possies in the first half in a belting

We all have to agree that the skills are pretty poor. But it is the experienced guys who are a real disappointment. Montagna, Fisher, Dempster, Schneider they have all been pretty average in patches. Schneider looks like he is not interested in any contact whatsoever. Playing himself into retirement. Steven is a gun. He would be in Hawthorns best 22 with his level of endeavour.

Never fear St Kilda supporters I have the tool for this years season:
oX6DQS9.png

We all have to agree that the skills are pretty poor. But it is the experienced guys who are a real disappointment. Montagna, Fisher, Dempster, Schneider they have all been pretty average in patches. Schneider looks like he is not interested in any contact whatsoever. Playing himself into retirement. Steven is a gun. He would be in Hawthorns best 22 with his level of endeavour.
Spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please tell what the permed f*#kbag is saying?
saying that Paddy has no tank has a lot of work to do etc etc thing with germ is he says one thing like it is intelligent and then keeps repeating it to try and make himself look smart. As has been said Paddy has not even played an AFL game lay off him you w***er

did u honestly think we were 120 points off the hawks before the game? Hmm... bookies gave us a 60 point start.. i wonder if AR thought it. Or the group?.. dunno.. i cant accept it. ever.
If you showed me the two team list that were playing and told me the Hawks were primed for a decent hit up b4 the season starts.
Id pick them by 15 to 20 goals.
We are rebuilding and are seriously SERIOUSLY depleted .
What did people expect? A 5 goal loss?o_O

BTW is this the worst fox commentating ever? Dwayne Russell seems to brush off the fact that the saints (spooners) are missing a good chunk of their first 18 against a almost full hawks side. He then goes on to praise actions before they have happened (great example is a hawks player goes for the ball "oh wonderful play...." only for the ball to actually get past him to a saints player who rebounds..... ok that's bad enough. Dermie needs to hang his head in shame. To spend a whole half bagging a 18 key forward who has yet to play a AFL match is pathetic. I hope the club contacts him and requests a apology because it was disgusting bully boy tactics.

Brereton kicked 5 goals on debut in a final and thinks anything less is unacceptable.
I liked him as a player but hate him as a commentator. He hates St Kilda don´t forget after
the Watters saga.

Just losing in the clearances and hard ball. Our tackles are up. So it's our skills and ability to work into space.

Agree
but getting pretty sick of certain players who continually kick the ball along the ground and miss targets .

I remember us playing WCE in about 2008 or 09 and we put so much pressure on them they just messed up everything even when the pressure wasn't direct. Sometimes you just get into a pressured mindset and rush and never settle. We have a heap of guys under 20 games against the reining premier, perspective would be good.
Was speaking more about blokes like Dempster, Steven, Montagna & co who are missing targets regularly when both themselves & the teammate they are moving the ball to are in a plethora of space.

Sure I may be judging them harshly, but I just want to see improvement on last year. At the moment, it looks like we've gone backwards, especially in our disposal, and I'm not just observing that from tonight's game, the other NAB games included (top ups & Lions)

Breton kicked 5 goals on debut in a final and thinks anything less is unacceptable.
I liked him as a player but hate him as a commentator. He hates St Kilda don´t forget after
the Watters saga.
Hated him as a player as well with what he said to Winmar, nothing but a turd

BTW is this the worst fox commentating ever? Dwayne Russell seems to brush off the fact that the saints (spooners) are missing a good chunk of their first 18 against a almost full hawks side. He then goes on to praise actions before they have happened (great example is a hawks player goes for the ball "oh wonderful play...." only for the ball to actually get past him to a saints player who rebounds..... ok that's bad enough. Dermie needs to hang his head in shame. To spend a whole half bagging a 18 key forward who has yet to play a AFL match is pathetic. I hope the club contacts him and requests a apology because it was disgusting bully boy tactics.
I especially liked the informed comment when Eli kicked with right foot because his left would have been out of play - and Dwayo says - oh he hasn't got a left foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back