Game Day NAB Challenge 1 Dockers VS Dees - Freo Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Hill and Neale were brilliant.

Suban was good, but he always is against lower ranked teams, especially Melbourne. Also did little in the second half.

Taberner was excellent, and Pav was fantastic too.

Forgettable were De Boer, Griffin and Mayne. None should be in line for round 1 on those efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope to see Blakely for longer mect game. Will likely rest Mundy or barlow next week.
I'd be pretty happy to see us rest the whole side for next week!

Considering the guys missing from the game, or playing out of position, Freo are looking good for 2015!

Tabs looked excellent!

Hard to see from the telecast but was Deboer tagging or something? I seriously didn't notice him do anything until the last quarter.

Our fwd line looked so messy which wasn't helped with our entries. Oh well. Melbourne gave us a good hit out and no knees went. Neale was in everything and Tabs looked fantastic. Was just great to sit back and watch the boys again TBH

Griff didn't do too badly. Suban faded. Tabby is looking promising .

******* injuries.

I thought griff looked pretty well beaten in most ruck contests and looked very off the pace around the ground (which does belie the training reports a little) . If anything i thought he looked threatening as a target because he knew how to bring it down to the crumbers in the rights areas.

I am looking forward to seeing blakely a bit more. Tabs looks like he's coming on well and the effect on pav is phenomenal. Loved hill's and sutcliff's first half and clancee looked back to his pre injury 2013 best. Neale just continues to improve more than we expect.

Overall the ball handling, contested ball winning and decision making were quite poor yet we still did it with odd comfort (despite being in front by less than a goal for most of the final quarter). That's pre-season for you. Plenty to work with, it's just nice to have footy back

Not much to take away from that at all, very scrappy game and it looked like we were content to just work on defensive structures for all of the second half.

Taberner looks like a proper AFL player now as does Croz. Game reaffirmed my belief that Clancee should be a regular starter, despite all the mongrel kicks he himself hit every target. MDB meh, Apeness even less meh.

I thought Sheridan looks reasonable in the last quarter, would have liked more game time for he and Blakely though.

Am I being overly critical or were we outplayed by an average side? Slow ball movement, lack of ball skills, lack of composure..
I thought we were very poor. I thought we continually bombed the ball rather than spotting up a target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back